“A strip Mall restaurant not to miss!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Denver, CO USA
“A strip Mall restaurant not to miss!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was traveling alone on a recent trip and decided (based on trip advisor reviews) to give this restaurant a try. I am so glad I did. When I first walked in the door I started to feel a little ill at ease being a single diner. The wait staff made me feel welcome from the time I sat down until I left. At the front door there was a "chalkboard" with the special of the day. The server told me what the special was and it was different than what I saw outside. He explained that the special on the board was the lunch special and they had failed to change it for dinner. I was dissappinted that the special was no longer available and he did not hesitate to ask the Chef if he would prepare me that special for me. It was wonderful!

The staff somehow made me comfortable in what for me was an uncomfortable situation.

The wine list was extensive but I elected for a glass of the house Chianti. It was very good and complimented my meal well. The cannoli for dessert was heavenly! They are made in-house.

It was a delightful conculsion to a day of traveling. Nothing like a nice glass of wine, a good meal and a wonderful dessert to finish off a tough day.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Don't let strip center location turn you away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is the REAL deal!! Fabulous food, wonderful atmosphere, excellent service and a wine list to please everyone!! The food at Antonia's is so fresh and tasty ... I have never had anything that wasn't top notch. You really can't go wrong. Their everyday selections are like the Italian Mammas make back in Italy. And the SPECIALS!!!!!! There is a reason they call them specials!! You will think you have died and gone to heaven!!! They have 3 locations, Katy, Cypress and Sugar Land so go often so you can try it all. If you like them on Facebook they will let you know when your favorite special is being served!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
“not so Italian”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Dinner with family was not up to any standard. My parm was 2 very thin pieces of meat covered with a piece of cheese. Since it was so thin the meat was hard and crusty and the pasta was cold. I think my parm plate sat under the warming lights too long and then they added the pasta. We were really hoping the restaurant would be good to average as Katy needs more restaurants but my dinner was sub par to even the chain Italian ones.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Great authentic Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The bread, oh the bread! And the salads are huge and amazing. Ordered just meatballs and they were amazing.

Visited April 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Place is nicely decorated, service is very attentive and food is just delicious. I had an excellent ossobuco when I went there...Probably one of the best so far.
Despite the fact that it is a bit far from Houston, one should plan on paying the place a visit if doing something in the Katy area.

• Visited March 2013