“Great Holiday Inn Express in Katy, Tx” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Katy
“Great Holiday Inn Express in Katy, Tx”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My recent stay at the Holiday Inn in Katy, Tx was wonderful. To start off, this location serves the best breakfast that have eaten in a hotel in a long time. The warm cinnamon rolls and apple danishes were great.
The double queen bed allowed my three sons and I to sleep comfortably for the entire. Plenty of space and a nice tv.
The service was great. I was greeted several times and housekeeping did a good job at cleaning the room and preparing it for our arrival.
I will hopefully stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
hiexs6633, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
i thank you for your kind comments, and look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I’m NOT an IHG fan but unfortunately we are Priority Club Platinum Members due to excessive traveling for work (& at times play).

Our star status was hung on our door which was kind of cheesy, but didn’t bother us much. We didn't notice any perks either from the status....I see suites advertised in their (professional) photos but those weren't offered.

We stayed on side away from freeway so no outside noise problems for us.

But be prepared: the walls are PAPER THIN so you hear other guests next door and walking up and down the halls! We were given the handicap room off the elevator so that heightened the noise level! Also, unfortunately for us, our neighbor had an infant/toddler who cried A LOT! Although I felt bad for the baby because something had to be wrong with all that crying, I couldn’t help but become irritated because it disturbed the limited sleep we were afforded when we’d return to our room for quick periods to get rest before heading out again.

Because it was a handicap room, the bathroom door was really large and swung out and annoyingly kept slamming into the mirrored closet door right behind it so we were always fearful of the door breaking the mirror.

On the lighter note, the front desk staff was pleasant and breakfast was decent but not a good variety of fruit. Although we were always away and of the go, there are many food places in the vicinity to go to.

Room Tip: If you're priority/platinum, make sure you request a room OTHER than handicap. Maybe their suit...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tracey H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
As an IHG Rewards Club Member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, because your feedback is very important to us. We apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. We are currently reviewing the "perks" we offer to our Rewards Members and expect to make some changes very soon. We invite you to stay with us in the future to take advantage of these exciting changes.

Tracey Harris
Perry, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel is fairly new. I booked with Name your own price with priceline but I did not get a great deal. It was $90.00 plus fees and taxes.

The hotel room was fine and it was clean. I had requested a non smoking room but I was given a smoking room. At check in they told me they were full and were unable to change rooms. I did not make a big deal out of it and just took the smoking room. It did smell a little of smoke, but not too bad.

The breakfast was very good! They had lots of choices including scrambled eggs, sausages, pancakes, fruit, yogurt, cereal and juices and coffee.The people in the breakfast room were extremely friendly and helpful!

The pool area was small but it was clean and had plenty of chairs.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Katy, Texas.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
really apreciate your comments and applogize for the smoking room in the future call us in advance so that we better accomadate your prefrence.
Lake Ozark, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stay at a lot of Holiday Inn properties and this is the first time I've ever had a star with my status level hung on my hotel room door.
Even though it's right off I-10, the rooms are very quiet (except when some idiot on a crotch rocket tries to get to 100 on the outer road).
There are a myriad of dining choices, many within walking distance. Everything from pho to Chinese to steak to New Orleans style food is literally just a minute or two from the hotel.
The rooms are very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
thanks, very comforting when i get honest opionion about the noise level in the room
hope to see you soon.

nick
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is the second stay we have stayed and I think they get better each time. Very, very clean and modern hotel. The location is perfect because it is in the same parking lot as two great restaurant and just across the street there is a square that is filled with restaurants and bars. Of course my wife says it is perfect since it is just a few miles from Katy Mills mall. Front desk staff is superb and the lady that takes care of breakfast in the morning is top notch, she will even make you pancakes! We always stay in a king suite because of the living room/mini kitchen and it is perfect. If you need to stay in Katy for any reason, you can't beat this hotel.

Room Tip: I have stayed on the front and the back with no discernible outside noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
nick P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Check in was easy, room was clean and comfy. Pillows were fresh. They were able to get me a nonsmoking room.! Breakfast was great, wi fi worked as well. I also really appreciate the USA today delivered to my door.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
thanks your comments please let me what i can better do help guest like yourself.

nick
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We are Priority Club Members at HIExpress and thought we would cash in our points to stay in Katy. The hotel itself is ok. fair locatoin next to the highway, But for the Priority Club members you are put in the handicapped room right by the elevators and the ice machine. Big thanks for brand loyalty. We heard everyone come off the elevators. all night long. Lucky only a couple of people needed ice. Why do handicapped people get stuck by the elevator/ice machine. My wife was trying to be nice and said if we were handicapped we might have appreciated being close to the elevator. The hotel was only half filled so why we got the Handicapped exes able room I'm not sure.. What if someone with a handicap needed the room?

When we continued out journey we found a really nice Sleep Inn in New Braunfuls and we are now Choice Hotel Priorityclub members. Thanks HIExpress we would not have been motivated to find out about your competitor without your help.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear PhotoBobTX,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with your room accommodation. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We value your comments as our Priority Club Rewards Member and we hope to have another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy? Share your experiences!