“Nothing to brag about” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Katy
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
“Nothing to brag about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel's location is easy to find, just off of the highway. The room was expensive for what we received - with a AAA rate and PC Gold standing, we paid $125/night. The bathroom had a huge plastered-over hole in the wall that was left unpainted - tacky. The breakfast did not offer any type of fruit, not even an apple. I would not hurry back to this location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear gumbygirl1,

We appreciate your feedback of our hotel. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We are sorry for not being able to meet your expectations on this day particularly with the condition of the bathroom facility, breakfast served and room rates received. Rest assured, your review will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and will be used to reconsider improvements needed.

Once again, thank you for posting your comments.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I'm stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Katy, Tx. And I was the victim of a moral insult from Mr. Jim Hernandez (Guest Services & Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Katy TX.);

They made ​​extra charges to my credit card (around $300 usd) and after calling for clarification I was accused of stealing sheets. I've never stolen anything and therefore call the hotel several times and contact them, but nobody believed me.

Where is the presumption of innocence? As you may treat the client as well?.

In the hotel were very rude and ironically I was asked to return the sheets, as I return something I never had?

I expected a letter of apology and reimbursement of unjustified charges made ​​to my credit but the ladies from IHG Guest Relations did not help.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Good value hotel with plenty of dining options nearby. And it is less than a 10 minute drive to Katy Mills Mall. The front counter staff was helpful, and everything was neat and clean. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a decent rate, and pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I am a Katy resident who was looking for a room with a Jacuzzi. I was looking for a place to get away from all the stress of home and work for the wknd and just by chance I walked in with no reservations and asked the front desk who was very helpful. I just figured it was just another hotel but to my surprise not only was the room Wonderful but so relaxing soft beds clean rooms great service and some of the best eating places in Katy all surrounding the hotel. Great detail all the way down to the plugs in the walls and Not having to move furniture all over to plug anything up! When my family comes to town I will put them up in one of the rooms. Well worth the price!

Kudos Katy!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Texas City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My daughter and I just stayed there during one of her softball tournaments. The hotel was nice & clean! The breakfast was good, and the staff were all friendly. Our room was nice, so I would stay there again! Also, hotel is close to several great restaurants -- which was nice too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We booked this hotel for a couple of nights before flying home to London. the staff are friendly the hotel is very clean and the breakfast is good. we were able to check in online in their business centre and nothing was too much trouble. the local is close to several restaurants and the outlet malls for that last minute shopping, just perfect right down to the free fruit in the foyer.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

While we visited my Mom and Daughter in East TX we stayed at this place and it was great! The rooms were clean spacious and bed was very comfortable. The previous hotel we stayed at while visiting my mother and daughter was great as well and it was nice to have 2 great hotels in a row for our stays. This hotel had a very helpful staff and service was excellent. It's great that both my Mother and Daughter who's attending college are in the same town and she cares for my mother while we're away. Thanks to this hotel and we will definitely be back here!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy? Share your experiences!