“Not for Dinner” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
East Norriton, Pennsylvania
“Not for Dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was a fun place, just not a place for dinner. Food was about average and nothing to brag about. Chicken fried steak was recommended, but breading was falling off and it just didn't make it. Corn tasted right out of the can!! Deep fried green bean appetizer, however, was good! Our server was very attentive, friendly and helpful but her good service didn't compensate for the food. I'd go again (maybe for drinks and possibly appetizer) but not for a meal.

Visited June 2013

Arlington, Texas
“Good drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The bartenders were good and served excellent drinks. No wonder this bar/grill was busy. I was told the burgers were great.

Visited May 2013
Houston, Texas
“Good food, but SLOW service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I took my wife and baby here for lunch on Sunday, May 26th. It looked like a fun place from the outside. The inside wasn't bad at all. Some folks sitting at tables, others at the bar. TV on the wall showing sports. The "club" was less than half full.

I ordered a beer and that came promptly. We then ordered lunch. My wife had a shrimp po-boy and I had a chicken fried steak. Then we waited, and waited, and waited. After twenty minutes, I asked the waitress if she could see how our order was doing. She came back and said "it won't be long." Great. Twenty minutes after that I couldn't find our waitress, so I asked the manager if someone had lost our order. It was getting late and I had a four hour drive ahead of me. She checked, and said "it won't be long." Ten minutes later I found our vanished waitress, who appeared to be avoiding our table and another one nearby. She told me our orders were being plated. We were finally served ten minutes after that. Let's count it up: ONE HOUR.

I wanted to just get our check and get out of there, but my wife persisted (because we'd just have to wait somewhere else). The food, as I said, took an hour to get there. In a restaurant that was less than half full (and a quarter of the patrons were at the bar). That's inexcusable. One person working by himself could do better. I'd fire my kitchen staff if this happened regularly (and it seems it has).

Let's get to the food. It was good. It came out hot, which leads me to believe the cook is the slowest on the planet, or they remade our order. My wife enjoyed her po-boy. I liked my CFS, and both me and my eleven-month-old enjoyed the mashed potatoes and green beans. The gravy was also good (there needed to be a bit more, though).

I would go back there for a drink, but something really needs to be done about their kitchen staff. Either there is a problem processing orders, or the chef/cook is slowwwww.

One other thing in their favor? Prices were good. My Shiner Bock draft was three bucks. Our meals came to $17.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Burleson, Texas
“Good Food, Fun Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Great place to stop in for food or just to set back and enjoy a nice beverage... Karaoke on Friday nights is lots of fun... Nice to have a place thats open late. Staff is great

Visited May 2013
Anna, Texas
“Love the Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We went to Karaoke on Friday night and then on Saturday enjoyed the band.

The food was DELICIOUS. Tasted just like home cooking!

Visited April 2013