“Great Wine, Beer, and Burgers” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
McKinney, Texas
“Great Wine, Beer, and Burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The Cork Yard Wine Bar & Bistro has great food, a vast selection of beers, and a wide variety of wines. First, you have to try the Sweet Rodeo Red. It's a sweet red wine that is served chilled. My husband had a couple of different beers. We both had the Darby Burger - incredibly tasty and served with kettle chips. The have seating inside and outside. They also have live music. They were busy, but the owners and chef made time to stop by and check on us and our meal. Great service!! This is a fun place to go when in Jeffereson. We will definitely eat there on our next visit.

78% Recommend
Spring Hill, Tennessee
“Nice new local place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Friday evening and they were quite busy. We sat inside because most of the patio tables were taken. Service was admittedly slow but the servers were trying their best which gives them a bit of a pass from me. I had chicken tacos that were outstanding. I also had an awesome Texas wine that Byron highly recommended. I enjoyed myself and so did my family. I will return again next time I'm in Jefferson.

Nacogdoches, Texas
“Don't go for the food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This experience was pretty awful from start to finish. Our party of 4 ordered an appetizer of baked brie that we suspected was probably frozen and just popped into the oven . . . and that was the high point of our meal. Two of us ordered chicken and waffles, one of us ordered chicken tacos and the last one of us ordered red beans and rice. One order of chicken and waffles and the order of chicken tacos came out WAY before the other food at the table. I was dismayed to find that my "fried chicken" was actually a fried frozen patty that I had seen them carry in in a huge bag from a freezer somewhere. We had a pretty good laugh about the "fried chicken." The order of chicken tacos was good, but they're really small and probably should be listed under the appetizer section. The red beans and rice and final order of chicken and waffles finally came out about the time the other two of us were halfway through our meal. The red beans and rice was so spicy it was inedible and of course the other order of chicken and waffles looked just like mine except the syrup and butter weren't served in plastic containers like mine were. One of us ordered bread with which to finish off our brie and it was still completely frozen solid in the middle. It took FOREVER to get our check, and another eternity to get her to come back to collect the money. And this is in a place with about 7 tables.

They have a pretty good selection of beers, and a decent selection of wine. Go here for an afternoon beer, and then toddle off to somewhere else to actually eat. The food here is a joke.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Collinsville, Texas
“Nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The waitresses are very nice and we had a great selection of wines. We went several times during our stay in Jefferson. One of the waitresses suggested we try their artichoke dip, which we did and it was beyond wonderful!!! Great place.

Visited May 2013
Plano TX
“Awesome Sunday Afternoon!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We found this quaint little place on a Sunday afternoon while visiting Jefferson for the weekend. We arrived at 2ish and enjoyed a couple of beers (nice selection of hand crafted beers along with the usual domestic beers). We also had some chips and salsa and guac, a fruit bowl my daughter loved, and some crawfish with sausage, corn, and potatoes that were seasoned perfectly. The cooks (the owner and his buddy) were hilarious. They were having live music and a crawfish boil at 4 - we ended up staying and relaxing on the patio. My daughter had never even seen a crawfish and they were cooking them backyard style on the patio. The owners were very pleasant and funny and had my daughter hold a live crawfish and let her drop it in the pot. Great fun to embarrass your daughter like that (priceless). Not only that he talked her into eating one!!! We had a great time. The music of Daniel Foster was excellent - several good 'ol tunes to sing along with. the weather was perfect that day. It was the most relaxing 4 hours I have had in a while. Had several random conversations with super nice people dining there as well.