“True Southern Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Azalea Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jefferson
Azalea Inn
203 East Dixon Street, Jefferson, TX 75657-1721   |
Ranked #6 of 27 Jefferson B&B and Inns
Texas
“True Southern Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2007

If you are looking for a relaxed vacation that includes a charming host & hostess, great food, beautiful surroundings & peace of mind....look no further. Sam & Valerie will make your stay one of the best you could possibly have. We were welcomed with smiles & genuine warmth. The Perry room was so inviting & the history of the namesake was very interesting. If you are a Lonesome Dove fan, this is the room for you. The rest of the house is equally appealing. The patio garden is the perfect place to have your coffee in the morning or to unwind in the afternoon. The breakfast we were served both days of our visit was incredible. Never have we had such a feast. My only regret was that I could not finish it. My husband & I were there for a delayed anniversary trip. Valerie knew this & had a bottle of sparkling cider (which really is good) chilling in our room & also there was a little tray of fudge. Everything about our stay was wonderful & we would recommend this beautiful Inn to everyone. Sam & Valerie are the most attentive hosts & you can tell that they truly care about their guests. We can't wait to go back. Debbie & Damian Z. Crystal Beach, Texas

• Liked — The food & friendliness of owners
  • Disliked — We were not able to stay longer
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2006

My wife and I stayed in the Perry Room on our wedding night and I must say that Valerie and Sam were completely sincere in their treatment of us and we were pampered in every respect. So much so, we are going back on our one year anniversary! The food was absolutely unbelievable and the accomodations very historic and comfortable. A place to call a "home away from home."

• Stayed March 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2005

My boyfreind and I stayed one night at the Azalea Inn over Memorial Day weekend. We stayed in the West Room. We were several hours late, but we called Valerie and it was no problem at all. When we got there there was a plate of fudge for us on the table in our room. The rooms have TV's with VCR's and DVD players, and the owners have a list of lots of movies that you can borrow and watch. There was a notebook with menus from area restaurants, and Valerie told us lots of useful information about each one. Before breakfast my boyfriend walked less than a block to the Brookshire's to get a newspaper, and we sat outside on the porch and read and enjoyed the tranquil day. And the breakfast-I have never had a breakfast like that before! Praline French toast, fritatta, hash brown casserole, sausages, grapefruit, and buttered toast. Plus a pitcher of orange juice and a pot of coffee (the coffee maker is conveniently located in the room). The place is beautifully decorated, too. We will be going back!

Stayed May 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2004

I surprised my husband for his 58th birthday with a 2 day stay at the Azalea Inn. I chose the Perry room since our last name is Perry. We had a wonderful time. The innkeepers are an exceptional couple who obviously love their work. The breakfast was awesome. I would recommend this B&B to anyone.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2004

The best 2 days I've had in years. The hospitality was great. The food out of this world. The room we stayed in was cozy and private. We saw the other 2 rooms and they were just as nice. The owners were so nice. they are doing some landscaping to make it even more p;easant. Hope to be able to go back again.

Been to Azalea Inn? Share your experiences!