“awesome food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Wylie, Texas
“awesome food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I liked the garlic potatoes and the tuna sandwhich...all homemade! The kitchen and waitstaff seemed a little overwhelmed but great food. will go again!

Arlington, Texas, United States
“Our Favorite place to eat in Jefferson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I first ate here in 2010 on our honeymoon and have been back for 2 anniversaries since. It is our favorite place to eat in Jefferson hands down. Delicious food, great service and a quaint little spot to relax and cool off after a day of shopping and sight seeing. We just adore it!!
Lynda & Tim Bullerwell

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plano, Texas
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I ate here for dinner one evening when visiting Jefferson and LOVED it. Everything we had was simply wonderful. We had the crostini for appetizer (incredible!), then he had the salmon and I had the shepherd's pie. We shared banana cake for dessert. It is such a great meal, we had to roll ourselves out of there. Yum yum!!

Arlington, Texas, United States
“Unplanned and wonderful late lunch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This place is well-decorated, has a very interesting menu with super baked goods and delicious choices. We had soup and sandwiches then split a dessert. One of the goodies = special breads for sandwiches and also to go along with the soup. Very personable wait staff. Would certainly go back again. Look forward to trying other things there.

Texas
“You Decide”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The Austin Street Bistro in Jefferson, Texas is very difficult for me to review, because our experience was so uneven and subjective. (Food may be high quality yet not appeal to certain people.)

To start, this is a VERY small restaurant housed in an historic building downtown. There is not a lot of space. Unfortunately, with the heat from the kitchen (just on the other side of a dividing cabinet) and the open door....it was a bit warm. It was also noisy, not just from the patrons, but from some raucous music. This restaurant had been recommended to us as a place for a romantic meal, and its web-site also gives this impression, but the noise and the close surroundings did not create a cozy atmosphere. I think this could be changed with some softer music, candles on the table, waiters in aprons, etc.

On to the food. We started our meal with the Crostini (sic?) which is sort of like a gourmet pizza. It was a mound of melted goat cheesy-tomato bruschetta goodness. (You can choose which cheese you want.) This, paired with a salad, would have been more than enough for me as a meal.

My husband ordered the Shepherd's Pie as an entree, and I had the Chicken Primavera. Both were a good bit spicier than I would have thought (my husband said his entree was even hotter than mine.) I honestly could not eat my Primavera, and I regularly eat moderately spicy Mexican food.

We were also served bread with our salad. One of the items served was a bun with a maple sauce. I'm not a big fan of maple-flavoring, but other people may really like it.

So in the end, we had mixed feelings. The prices (entrees around $15 or so) are not cheap for our area, yet I didn't feel that it had the atmosphere for a really "romantic" dinner and I was disappointed in the atmosphere. The food is certainly high quality, however, if it is to your taste.

Visited June 2012