“World class dining in tiny little Jefferson” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Houston, Texas
“World class dining in tiny little Jefferson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

My wife and another couple recently went to East Texas to enjoy the holiday lights in Marshall and the Candlelight Tour in Jefferson. We ate at Austin Street Bistro and the meal was wonderful...The atmosphere was casual with most folks in jeans and the service very attentive. The winning entree was the chicken primavera and the best desert was their bread pudding. Make sure and save room for desert...the chef was a pastry chef in California before coming to Jefferson. After dinner stop in the General Store next door for a trip down memory lane. Good time is guaranteed !

• Visited December 2011

89% Recommend
“Absolutely excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for lunch on our trip to Jefferson. It was unbelievable! I had The Pilgrim, a turkey sandwich on the bread that is made at the restaurant, and I cannot express how much I enjoyed that sandwich. My husband had the salmon, and it, too, was incredible. If we had had room for dessert, we would have had that as well, but we were both so full from our entrees, we simply had no room. The waitress was very nice, prompt with service, very personable. The owner and chef spoke with us, and she was a delight. Overall, we are in love with Austin Street Bistro and will definitely, without a doubt, return. This is a true treasure in the idyllic Jefferson.

Tomball, Texas, USA
“A Must in Jefferson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

The Austin Street Bistro is absolutely a must to visit during any stay in Jefferson. The food is delicious, made fresh and served in a relaxed atmosphere. Don't miss this truly special dining spot in Jefferson!

Frisco, Texas
“Amazing food, great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

My cousin and I were in town for a weekend trip. We stopped in and arrived early (before they opened) but we were allowed to have a seat. We had wonderful service. The oatmeal bread with maple butter was heaven! I had the pork chop sepcial and it not what I was expecting but it tasted AMAZING! The owner (and cook) came by to talk with us and told us about the desserts. My cousin saved room for desert and she had the cheese cake. She said it was the best she'd ever had. I was too full to have any. I can't wait to come back to Jefferson and bring my husband to the Bistro!

Bullard, Texas
“Delightful Open Air Dinning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Even though you eat inside, they open the front area in a fashionable way creating a true Bistro atmosphere. Service is friendly and professional. The baked pecan crusted salmon on rice was delicious. You can bring your own wine if you like. You can dress up a little or be casual. Portions are plentiful, so much so that we were unable to try their bread pudding which we were told is tops. Maybe next time.