“Great location and so-o-o comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Carriage House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jefferson
The Carriage House Bed and Breakfast
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 27 Jefferson B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas TX
“Great location and so-o-o comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We traveled to Jefferson with two other couples and chose this place because of a special that we saw on the internet.Boy, did we get a deal! We stayed in the carriage house behind the main house and because we had three rooms, it was like having our own private place. There was a pretty courtyard, where coffee was served every morning at 7:00, while we listened to the birds and watched the world wake up. The innkeeper is so very accommodating, looking out for our every need. Our special did not include breakfast, so I cannot comment on that. There were no disappointments with our stay, except for the town of Jefferson. We were there Monday-Wednesday and so many places were closed that it was hard to find a place for dinner. it seems that you must be there on the weekend to enjoy all that they have to offer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Friendswood, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed two nights at Carriage House and found it to be a lovely and comfortable place to stay in Jefferson. The location is perfect, within walking distance to the historic downtown district. We felt like we had stepped into Mayberry, USA. There were many shops and museums to visit, or you could just sit on the porch swing and watch the world go by.Stephanie, the innkeeper, was very helpful in recommending places to dine and making reservations for activities. The food was excellent. My only small dissatisfaction was that the bathroom floor needed a bit more cleaning and there were not enough washcloths for two people. One regular cloth and one for makeup removal were all that was provided. Other than that, everything was great.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My mother and I had a great weekend at the Carriage House! We stayed in the Ruth Lester room. It was very comfortable and well air conditioned (this can often be a problem in Texas during the summer). The breakfast was wonderful and we enjoyed the extra "perks"! Coffee was served every morning in the courtyard which my mother loved and I was very appreciative of the cold sodas on hand! We will certainly be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Grand Prairie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Thank you, Tom and Stephanie, for a most wonderful stay. The weekend was a wonderful surprise for my wife for our 39th wedding anniversary. She's still talking about it.

Carriage House was a wonderful treat, and we really appreciate our most gracious hosts. From someone who likes to cook, the meals were very delicious (I will admit, Tom, whatever you were cooking Saturday evening had me drooling). I hope we can make a return trip in the near future.

Again, Thanks!!!
Russ George
8{>

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This review is written after our second time visiting the Carriage House within 3 weeks. My wife and I were so impressed with the impeccable hospitality of Tom and Stephanie that we returned in two weeks to celebrate our 6 month anniversary. They even helped me in surprising my wife by ordering flowers for her, which we placed, along with other gifts, on the outside breakfast table. Tom used my camera to capture my wife’s surprise as we both walked up to the table.

The grounds are quite comfortable with sitting areas located in the back patio, entire wrap-around porch, and garden swing. We spent much time relaxing in these areas chatting, enjoying wine or the occasional cigar. This second time visiting, Tom was gracious enough to give me a cigar and share some fine scotch...it made us feel like we were home even though home is many miles away in Greenville, SC.

The food is nothing less than the finest. Tom and Stephanie's creations tantalize the pallet and leave you wanting to indulge in seconds - if there be room for more! The family style seating allows you to converse with the other guests, which we found quite enjoyable and entertaining. We too appreciated the blessing of the food before indulging.

The staff is quick to help you in finding fine local restaurants and events to enjoy while visiting the history-rich town of Jefferson. Be sure to listen to the staff's advice on where and what to eat; you will not be disappointed in their recommendations. Jefferson is a must-see town if you are visiting Texas. The B&B’s central location allowed us to walk to everything within Jefferson. I highly recommend the steamboat ride on Caddo Lake, riverboat tour up the bayou and dinner at Still Water Inn or Austin St. Bistro. Enoch’s Stomp and Los Pinos wineries are well worth visiting if you have spare time.

The rooms are clean and adequately sized, each with their own bathroom. If you need anything (wine glasses, corker, toiletries, etc) the staff happily and quickly supplies you with the items. The patio refrigerator is stocked with beverages, and snack foods are located in the parlor. The décor is uniquely handpicked for the room’s theme. Tom’s photos of Jefferson were tastefully displayed in our room.

This review would not be complete if I did not mention their fun-loving dog, “Ladybug” or “Bug” for short. Tom and Stephanie allowed us to take Bug for a 2+ hour walk. My wife loves animals of any kind, and we both reflect on our times with Bug with much delight. Bug will keep you entertained.

Thank you Carriage House Staff for making our trip to Jefferson so memorable. We will be sure to revisit if we are ever again in the area. God bless you all. Doug & Sarah

Mansfield,tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Nice base of operations for a most interesting town. Ghost and Big foot are probably Chamber of Commerce ploys,but fun. Missed out on the breakfast but will return to find out if it lives up to the reviews. Lovely place.
Larry Kincade
Mansfield Tx

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Euless, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The Carriage House was wonderful. My friend and I occupied the 2 main house rooms. The bed was a little too high for me and they got me a stool to use; that was great! The bed was very comfortable! It's important for me to have a TV in the room and they had a nice TV to watch.
We enjoyed the courtyard and "Miss Sassy", their 23 year old cat.
The breakfasts were wonderful and I enjoyed the fact that we had prayer before the breakfast.
We got tips about where to eat in town.
This was a girls weekend for us, but I will definitely be taking my husband there next time!
Very relaxing and the lawn was immaculate! If you want a wonderful relaxing weekend, with eating, shopping and just "hanging" out, this is the B & B to stay at!

Room Tip: Main House rooms- Rosa Bland Room and Captain Perry Room We didn't have pets, but they do allow...