“Great for lunch” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kitt's Kornbread Sandwich & Pie Bar

Kitt's Kornbread Sandwich & Pie Bar
125 N. Polk Street, Jefferson, TX 75657 (Formerly Jefferson's House of Pies)
903-665-0505
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert
Colleyville, Texas
“Great for lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Unusual to find sandwiches on cornbread, but it works. We enjoyed the Texas special sandwich which was chili, cheese, and onions on cornbread and had to be eaten with a fork. Our chicken dumpling soup and beef stew as accompaniments were great too. Iced tea tasted like powdered.

Visited November 2012

Alexandria, Louisiana
“Unique!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Traveling through Jefferson, TX - decided to try it! Cornbread was not your typical southern cornbread that is crumbly - must have had more flour in it to hold it together, so the taste was not as "corn-bready" as traditional cornbread! However, first of all the restaurant is very clean and cute decor; waitress friendly; got food timely. We purchased sandwiches on jalapeno and broccoli cornbread. Couldn't really taste the broccoli because not much in it, but my daughter said the jalapeno had a little 'kick!' Overall, the sandwiches were good - I got spicy mustard on my ham/turkey/cheese. We shared a cup of dumplings and they were FABULOUS, as well as broccoli salad and it was VERY good. We finished off our meal with a shared piece of buttermilk pie and it was DEVINE!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were VERY full when we left! We arrived after the lunch hour rush, so we got good service - even though she was 'very' matter-of-fact! I would definitely travel 2.5 hours on a pretty Saturday to return to this restaurant, and enjoy downtown Jefferson!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas
“Awesome place to eat!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The waitress who I think was also the owner was very nice, very personable and the food was awesome! Definitely should get the jalapeno cornbread sandwich with fried bologna, it was awesome!!!! And the homemade pies were the best!!!! Too bad the hours they are open are limited, it would have been nice to eat there more than once.

Visited October 2012
Jefferson, Texas, United States
“The Sicilian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The best Kornbread I have had in a long time nice and buttery tasting just the way I like it! This Sandwich tastes Great only thing is I wanted more, It wasn't big enough for me or really big enough for the $8.00 plus tax price. I went this past Saturday during the BOO Fest they were very busy. I had never been here before and was a little confused about which direction to go in when I walked in the door. The girl at the end of the counter didn't greet us or help us out really and the cashier didn't greet us either or offer us a menu or anything I had to figure it all out myself. Overall the food was GREAT! But in my book customer service is everything. The cashier did say have a good evening after we received our food and to come back thats about it I must say. I think this kind of service was because of the large amount of customers they had, maybe. Customer Service Has to be #1 in this business luckily the food was good I might come back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Do not eat here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I am only giving this horrible place one mark because I have to. My family and I were on our way back to Houston from Michigan and decided to stop here for lunch, big mistake! The waitress acted as if we had interupted her day and was beyond rude. There was never a stop to ask how our food was and when my preganant sister asked for a refill on her drink she yanked her glass off the table with a huff and did not ask anyone else if we needed a refill. When we asked for our bill she responded again quite rudely that the bill was at the counter. When my sister asked if she was having a bad day she attacked everyone at the table saying we were rude to her. The manager had to be called to control her. We received empty apologies from the manager and left with a very bad taste in our mouth. The food is descent, but it is not worth being treated like they have done you a favor by acknowledging your existence. I have eaten at some of the best restaurants in our great state and all over the country and have never experienced such blatant disregard for customer service.

Visited October 2012