“Road trip to Texas” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Jasper
Steinhatchee
“Road trip to Texas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Room air conditioner had been off and it took all night for the room to cool down. Breakfast was not that good. Found out later from people who live in Texas that Jasper is not a very safe city. Rooms were very dated. There was a place to wash our motorcycles that were covered with love bugs. We only spent the one night and would stay there again but would call ahead to make sure room AC was on before checking in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fort Worth, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great front desk employees. They let me know where the good shopping was around the hotel, even let me know who had the best sales! A good afternoon of shopping is what's needed after hours of meetings - that's my kind of hotel! They do any and everything to make sure you're happy!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Fort Worth, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Did not have an advance reservation. I thought the price was rather high for AAA/AARP discount. He would have given me another 10% off but without the Best Western "points". Never had that happen before! I chose the points! Good bed. Just average room.

Room Tip: Breakfast was ok with average selection. Clean.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tyler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was not expecting much as this is a small town. I was pleasantly surprised! the staff was excellent, all friendly and helpful.
My room was large, very clean and linens were of top quality, I especially appreciate soft fluffy towels after a long day of walking and travel.
Breakfast was good quality, all hot items hot and cold, cold.
The lobby was very comfortable. I felt compelled to sit in the lobby (as the sofa looked inviting) and read the History of the Best Western! What a great addition, I hadn't seen it before.
I will definately stay here again and recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: I was in the room next to the pool, not sure if it would be best in summer!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Rachel44406, Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Jasper, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.

Rachel Dalton
Manager
BEST WESTERN Inn of Jasper
Frisco, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I recently stayed at the Jasper Best Western to come to a funeral. I should say I usually stay at Best Western motels whenever I travel but I will avoid the Jasper Best Western in the future. After making reservations, my wife and I arrived at 11:00 pm and were scheduled to go to a morning funeral the next day. The plan was to stay at this motel Friday night and then Saturday. When my wife got into the room, we immediately notice hundreds of"Love" bugs all over the inside of the window and walls. For those of you not from east Texas Love Bugs of June bugs are a twice a year nuisance. They don't bite but they are abundant. The fact that there were hundreds in the room meant the motel's cleaning crew did absolutely nothing to remove the bugs during the daily cleaning. We were exhausted and went to sleep. In the morning we found out the toilet would not flush. Great! We had to get to the funeral but when I complained about the bugs and faulty toilet to the front desk I was meant with an "Oh well, stuff happens" attitude. We checked out. Then these idiots tried to charge me for 3 days on my credit card. Don't stay at this dump. Go to the Super 8 instead.

Room Tip: Stay at the Super 8 in Jasper instead.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

A great place to stay either when you're on the road or for a few days. Lovely building that fits in with the mountain-scape, comfortable suite we enjoyed cooking, eating and sleeping in. Peaceful Japanese garden and cool swimming pool. Free internet in reception and informative, friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn of Jasper? Share your experiences!