“pies are yummy” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Texas
“pies are yummy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

have had the catered food from sadler's. most of the food was average but cooked very well especially for a function. the pies were outstanding

72% Recommend
Houston, TX
“Service could use a little work, but the excellent food makes up for it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Ate here on a Saturday night in mid January.

May be it was just us, since we aren't locals, but it was a little difficult to find. Not very well signposted once you find the entrance - may be we just had more trouble since there was no host at the door. We wandered into the dining room and were met by the host asking if we were after a table. He let us choose an available table - then told us he had to see if he could find some menus.

Waitress took at least five minutes to come take our drink order - still no menus. The host finally came back about 10mins after we were seated with menus printed on a piece of paper.

After this shaky start we were not expecting the food to be all that great - but I am happy to say we were wrong! It was the best meal we have had in a long time. My husband had the boneless pork chops, and I had the pot roast. Both came out hot and tasted wonderful. We have eaten at other places that were alot more expensive but nowhere near the quality of Sadler's.

Makes me wish we were local, and not just visiting!!

Visited January 2012
Tyler, Texas
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I ate at Sadlers for the first time in March. The space is a bit small but I really enjoyed the food. I had the pot roast and homeade pie. THe waitress was also very polite, she suggested the roast and it was really good. The pie was to die for. I will definitely continue to eat at Sadler's.

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food with a great atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

While visiting my mom she invited me to this wonderful restaurant. We pulled up and as I looked around curiously my mom caught me and laughed. This restaurant is in the towns old post office building. Don't worry, the inside is remodeled. So I was a little worried with that being said but proceeded to check it out.

Great food, unfortunately the service was okay. The restaurant is dim and soft. All guests were dressed formal for the most part if not business casual. Then the wait staff were in jeans in t-shirts. Not very appealing.

The food was awesome! My party had salmon, pot roast, squash casserole, asparagus, green beans! The waitress did mess up on a side dish and brought us rock hard rolls but eventually fixed it...

I will return turn :)

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Marble Falls Texas
“Beyond good--------Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Sadler's restaurant prepared excellent cuisine for all in our party last night. This place has small town ambience with big city cuisine. We will put this on our list of east Texas favorites and will return again when we are in jacksonville!

• Visited July 2011