“AWESOME hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jacksonville
“AWESOME hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

This hotel is amazing even down the smell!! It smells great as soon as you walk in the door! The sale's director was awesomely helpful...and she was not even on duty at the time! The front desk staff was efficient and very helpful throughout my stay! One desk clerk in particular went above & beyond her duties and not only with me, but I noticed it with every person who I saw walk through the doors! Not only was she polite, professional and helpful, she was very industrious; just the few days that I stayed I saw her vacuuming, dusting, sweeping and mopping and helping a group that they had in their meeting room (which looks very nice). Check in was a breeze! Breakfast was great; it was fresh and tasted wonderful! The rooms are excellently decorated and very clean! I would most definitely stay at this hotel again & of course I would recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel in Jacksonville!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
corsicana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

the employees are friendly and courteous and care about you as a guest and customer. they have a pancake machine that is real easy to use and you can make a plate of great tasting pancakes in just a few minutes! the rooms are clean and very nice!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I have stayed numerous times at the Holiday Inn Express in Jacksonville, Texas but my most recent experience will probably be my last.

Unfortunately, this hotel always seem to be breaking in someone new at the Front Desk so check in is an ordeal. My first room was already occupied after I opened the door (rather embarrassing!), so I returned to the Front Desk to get a new room but there was already a long line to check in. After waiting almost 30 minutes, I was informed that there were no other King Leisure rooms available in the hotel. I said that two double beds would suffice, and after some more waiting time I finally received the key to my new room which fortunately was not already occupied.

While I was waiting for my new room assignment, I visted the "Business Center" in order to print out my boarding passes for my flight the next day only to find that there was a computer but no printer!!!

This has become a very busy hotel during the week, but the Front Desk staff and management have not improved with the increased demand. In fact, the level of service has actually decreased over the past year or so. I will seriously consider staying in Tyler and driving more in the future than have to deal with this poor staffing situation at the Holiday Inn Express in Jacksonville.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

This was a really nice Holiday Inn. The rooms were clean, decor was nice and the front desk was friendly. It's very easy to get to. The breakfast was lacking, but I don't usually expect much from the free breakfasts. I would go back if I needed to stay in Jacksonville again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

I'm a platinum member of Holiday Inn/Priority Club and know a damn good Holiday Inn Express when I see (stay in) it - and let me tell you this one is fantastic, top notch and clearly one of the best I've been to.

All of the previous reviews are spot on. Modern, extremely clean, friendly and helpful staff, and a great value too. Also, while the hotel is pretty close to US 69, the highway noise really dies off after about 6 o'clock or so, and is quiet at night, so it doesn't matter if you get a room facing 69 or not.

If your travels take you to Jacksonville or the general Piney Woods area of Texas, be sure to stay here. I had business here and in Nacogdoches, and none of the hotels over there do much for me. I'm so happy I stayed here.

Great dinner recommendation is Sadler's Restaurant - affordable and authentic southern style cooking!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

Words will never convey the extent of our appreciation to the Jacksonville’s Holiday Inn-Express for their comforting service through a very difficult time. The courtesy, hospitality and most of all, the compassion with which I was treated during my stay, allowed me to focus on family, and gave me the time I needed to attend the funeral service befitting our beloved neighbor, friend, mother, and grandmother. I wanted for nothing; the staff and Keyche Williams treated me more like family, than a visitor. Just when I thought all businesses were just about the bottom line; finally, one with old fashioned values and commitment to their customer. I recommend the Jacksonville Holiday Inn-Express without hesitation, and look forward to seeing you guys again very soon. Stay Blessed. ~ Carlos Wallace

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

This was a awesome getaway for me and my children. We all enjoyed every aspect of our stay. The room was very spacious with great beds, the staff was very helpful and accomodating. They also provided a delicious complimentary breakfast. The hotel hosted a holiday themed PJs and Pillows party for the kiddos, with a movie, popcorn, hot chocolate, and cookies. The kids loved it! I would highly reccommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville? Share your experiences!