“My personal experience at this hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #56 of 78 Hotels in Irving
New York City, New York
“My personal experience at this hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I was a bit concerned about the reviews of this hotel & location, but I needed an affordable place to stay, so I booked 3 nights at this hotel hoping for the best. All my concerns were thankfully unwarranted! This hotel was clean (my most important concern). My standard room consisted of a queen size bed (which was VERY comfortable & CLEAN!) It also had a small fridge, Microwave, sink in the bedroom, & hot plate built in beside the sink area - also, very clean! I suggest you get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor where you will not hear any noise - (the first floor IS noisy!) All the vending machines/Ice machines worked properly. The Shuttle was another concern of mine...which happily was an EXCELLENT service! The only cheap way to get downtown from there is to go back to the airport by way of the hotel shuttle - which they (the hotel staff) - had no problem in assisting you with transport back & forth. This in itself was a HUGH help for me. Front desk wasn't very knowledgeable about directions and such...but friendly. There's a Denny's Restaurant right across the street, as well as a food mart adjacent to Denny's (if you should happen to want to stock up on food items, or toiletries. There is no ATM at this hotel, but there is one at the food Mart and nearby neighboring hotel. They do have a clean outdoor pool & a VERY good free continental breakfast! I must say for the price, the quality is much more than fair...it is quite good!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
George A, General Manager at Quality Inn DFW-Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
I am glad that you found our accommodations to be comfortable and our service to be welcoming. It is heartwarming to hear of how our efforts to impress you with our hospitality, comfort and convenience have been successful.
We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay in the area

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Read reviews online and decided to give it a try. From the outside it is not very impressive...just your average hotel/motel. Check in was very fast and easy. The hallway doesn't smell very good and it's pet friendly, so we did encounter dogs. Most people controlled their dogs very well. Our room was very clean. Our bed was comfortable. The a/c unit was a little noisy, but it was tolerable. The room is your average hotel/motel layout. The bathroom was small, but very clean. The sink is outside the bathroom, so you really didn't need much room in the bathroom. I did not try the breakfast, but it did look to be well stocked. We visited Grapevine Mills Mall and Six Flags and this hotel was convenient to both of them.

The wifi was great! Has a pool, which looked clean. However, I did not swim. I didn't ever notice anyone in the pool, so if you like to swim you'd love it.

If ever in this area again, I will definitely stay here. I recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a clean, comfortable, affordable room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
On behalf of everyone here at the Quality Inn & Suites , we thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We are happy to know that you liked our Hotel . Guest satisfaction is of great importance to us. We are looking forward to seeing you soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed 2 nights and aside from being remodeled it wasn't noisy. Beds comfy and staff helpful and polite. Felt safe n pool felt great in the evening. Right off expressway n close to airport. A few from everything so it was overall great!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback from your stay with us.
We want to thank you for staying with us. We are also happy you enjoyed your stay.
Please let us know on your next visit if we can do anything to make your stay even more enjoyable.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This was a good hotel to stay in. The price was good. The room was clean. Breakfast was good they had a hot breakfast with biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, waffles, cereal and numerous other things. They have an outdoor pool and it is very clean and a nice place to sit and relax. It can get a bit noisy because you are right by the airport but if you have children they love to watch the planes land. The windows are double pained so you don't hear the planes that bad at night. Would stay there again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.
We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed our facility and services. Thank you very much for your generous compliments. We strive for the highest level of guest satisfaction, and compliments.
Kottayam, Kerala, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Happened to be stayed here for a day during a hectic trip. Cheap, compared to the International standards, especially when you compare with Europe and similar facility in India. Big room. The bath rooms are not so good. Breakfast was good. Service? Not to a chance to get serviced... The common areas, passages, lift etc looks cheap...

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bigger bathroom
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for the review . We are happy to know that you liked the price and the breakfast and the value for the price. We are also pleased to inform you that we are in the process of upgrading the rooms. We look forward to seeing you back again soon, when travel brings you to the Dallas Fort Worth area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Booked on Web says pet friendly but charged me a pet fee which doesn't show on Website I booked on nor their own website. 2nd got to room with a 7 yr old and the safety door latch is busted off. Move to another room went to shower and the faucet was broken along with luggage rack. Now to the elevator 4 person max for a hotel of this size. 1 elevator and over 95 degrees in it and in area to wait for it to bake you up to your room. I'm ex spec ops and this is horrible for even myself to spend my hard earned over molested dollar on.

• Stayed July 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.

Clinton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My review of this Quality Inn initially was not going to be very positive. However, I read the card on the desk saying if something's not right, call them and they'll make it right. So I took them up on that when I could no longer take the dial-up speed of my WiFi connection. Only one of their access points was working. I informed the front desk of this, and within five minutes, they reset the router and the problem was solved. One other time I left a note on the door letting the cleaning staff know to make sure the door locked behind them as it was a little touchy. When I came back that afternoon, my lock was working perfectly. A couple other pluses: The breakfast options were plentiful, from waffles to fruit to yogurt to cereal, and it was well stocked. Also, for a lower-priced hotel, the bed was very comfortable.

On the minus side, the room did seem a bit cramped, even for a smaller guy like me. Tiny bathroom and very small sink area. And there was a bit of a musty smell that persisted throughout my stay. I also don't understand why a hotel puts nice flatscreen TVs in every room but offers only analog cable. At least put an antenna up on the roof and offer local HD channels!

Unlike a couple other reviewers, however, I had no issues whatsoever with parking, and I was there for 12 nights during two separate recent trips. I'm guessing during those reviewers' stays there must have been a music or sporting event that brought in a lot of drive-in traffic rather than folks shuttling to and from DFW, which I'm guessing based on all the pilots and flight attendants I saw makes up the majority of their clientele.

I will stay at this Quality Inn again on future trips to the DFW area without hesitation. For the price, it's one of the best values in the area, even if they don't offer HD TV!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review us regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

George