“The worst place ever I visited” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #35 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Detroit, Michigan
“The worst place ever I visited”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed because of long await for my connecting flight, and I regret that I stayed here, rather I would have stayed in airport itself. There are bugs and the bed & room not cleaned. The bathroom , it is pool. and lights doen't work. A/C horrible sound but u will still feel hooooot. By the way breakfast will be there always ...day and night ..

Am happy that I choose to stay for a night, not long.

Room Tip: wish and suggest not to think of this place .
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
George A, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
We really apologize for the inconvenience you had at the hotel . The hotel has a new ownership and the hotel has been renovated with new ACs , a big hot full breakfast and much more .

You will see the change and come and stay with us and see the difference .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Austin, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I am dumbfounded looking at these reviews. I had to call my husband over to make sure I had the same place. I noticed the reviewer before mentioning it was changing brands to something else. I have to give the benefit of the doubt that *maybe* we caught them on a bad night. Maybe the new owners were just about to take it over and the current ones decided to trash the place as a final farewell.

The place was dreadful. The carpets were torn, stained and looked like they hadn't been vacuumed or cleaned in weeks, the elevator was terrifying - inside it had trash littered on the floor, and it moaned as if making it up two floors was asking too much. There was one luggage cart barely held together with one loose screw that the staff asked me bring back downstairs when I was done with it. The sheets & surfaces inside the room were clean, but the smell & the carpets just about knocked me over.

That said - the staff was sweet. It was late, we were there because our airline messed up and paid for a room until our next flight. They really were very nice people. I would hate for one of them to get in trouble for the massive institutional embarrassment that the hotel currently is. Maybe by the time you have to stay there it will have changed hands. Maybe the new owner drove into town, pulled up the dying carpets & scrubbed it down with a toothbrush. If so, then there is hope. I would give it a few weeks before going there. I don't usually give bad reviews, I am not a fussy person by nature and love quirky little places, but this - this was bad.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Park City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel is a great value for the money. The rooms are clean & linens nice. There is a mini-fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, & sink in the room.
The free breakfast is a nice touch. The pool is a plus for the hot days.
The staff is very friendly & accommodating, especially George, the manager.
As a frequent traveler, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Quitman, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We booked this through parksleepfly.com for a trip to Cancun. We arrived and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was basic, but clean and had an old school tube tv, but it worked fine. We had an early flight and the shuttle was there on time for us to get to the airport. we left our car there for 12 days. When we returned from Cancun, I called them as soon as we cleared customs and the shuttle was there in 10 mins. We will certainly use them again on our next trip out of DFW. Well worth it for no stress of getting to the airport from 2 hours away for an early flight!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, no smoking. The first floor did smell of smoke.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!