“Rating of Terrible is still generous” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #43 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Atlanta, Georgia
“Rating of Terrible is still generous”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place is filthy...I was placed here by the airline overnight after my flight was cancelled and from the twenty minute roller coaster ride around the terminals to pick up guests at 11pm to the front door of the hotel, I knew it would go downhill once inside. The front desk staff was kind, providing a bottle of water but I was shocked to see the "Travel Advisor Certificate of Excellence" displayed because clearly this hotel is not in excellent standards. The lobby had trash on the floor that remained there when I checked out five hours later, the elevator was slow and dirty and when I arrived at the room, I opened the door and the smell of humidity and urine met me. I knew then I wouldn't be sleeping. The a/c made an extremely loud noise every three minutes like clock work and never got the room cool. I didn't touch anything in the room other than to put my luggage on the bed because I was terrified of something crawling in. The carpet was soiled and stained, the bathroom was cramped and full of complimentary rust and built up mold. I was so freaked out about staying here, I left on the first shuttle back to the airport at 3:45am. I would never stay in this hotel again and stating it's an "older" hotel is modest, I've seen older hotels better maintained, this hotel is just down right rundown. TA should consider removing the seal of approval, this property is an embarassment.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
DFWnorth, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
First of all thank you for reviewing and sharing your experiences about your recent stay in Ramada. We apologize about the inconvenience you had during your recent stay. I would really like to apologize that you didn't like the hotel. Please know that feedback like yours helps us to improve our services. We know that our hotel is old and we really appreciate your business and the owner of the hotel is in the process of giving a makeover to the hotel.
Please accept my apologies for the less than perfect experience you've had. I am sorry to read that we don't seem to be able to provide the right level of service, value and that the product and layout is not what suits your needs.
We hope you reconsider and come back to stay with us. We want our guests to be happy and to compensate you, we want to provide you with a complimentary room. Please call me (George) directly at 972-929-0066 in advance to book with us and I will be more than happy to assist you. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We loved the customer service in this hotel...people were more than willing to help and do whatever we needed. Rooms are clean and laundry room is clean.
Breakfast buffet was very rich, clean, and fresh.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice review and thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you liked our hotel, the breakfast, and the services that we had to provide here at Ramada. We really appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon. Thank You !
Manchester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed here recently and overall found the staff very pleasant. The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. As some reviewers said, the hotel is older but clean. I couldn't here any of the planes at the airport which was great.

I have 2 issues. One, the connecting door between our room and the next locked only with an interior privacy lock. I put my suitcase in front of it, but I couldn't see any other locks. The second and larger issue for me was the lack of step up into the shuttle van. One of the vans is fine, but the other, the white van, needs to have a stool. A small step stool would take care of the problem but they did not have one. Without it, the step is very high. The driver suggested I step up onto a baggage cart and then into the van. I declined, in part because the baggage cart was on wheels but more importantly because I didn't know how I'd get disembark when I got to the airport. I went to the airport in the other van, the larger black one, which was fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for taking your time out of your busy schedule and reviewing our hotel. Please know that your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be used to help improve the property and services. We apologize about the inconveniences you had during your stay.
With the connecting doors, it was suite which was given to you and it is connected to the other room. But one can not open the other door until the person from inside opens it. We had a meeting with the owner of the shuttle company after the incident and hope there will be no complain in future.
We hope you will give us another chance to serve you if your travel brings you to Dallas. We apologize again for the inconvenience. Hope to see you again. Thank you!!!
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I went to Dallas and Irving to do some shopping and meet up with my Son and future daughter inlaw in June 2013 and decided to spend the night. We decided to stay at the Ramada in Irving, Tx by the airport. We where very pleased with our stay. The air conditioning was wonderful the room was very cold (the way we like it) and front desk staff was so sweet and friendly. Granted the hotel is not new but it was very clean. Its in a nice area of Irving and NEVER did I hear the airplane going over the hotel when inside,(which I would have thought that I would have with it being so close to the airport). We will definitely be going back to stay again, and so will my son and future daughter inlaw, which they too had their own room and was pleased with it also.

Room Tip: Book a room away from young children or teenager, so you don't hear them running up and down the...