“Love this Place!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Miami Beach, Florida
“Love this Place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I've been coming to this place for 6 years now, and it's always a great experience! You don't have to be a sushi lover to love this place, since they a variety of dishes including: Sushi, Fish, Chicken, Beef and Shrimp Teriyaki, One of my big time favorites is the "salmon teriyaki " grilled salmon with white rice & vegetables. Also try one of the daily specials like The mini seafood udon (soup ) & 10 pc sushi for $8 dlls!! The owner /chef. "Charlie " is super friendly and quick!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas
“Don't go just because it's a hole-in-the-wall”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This place was recommended to me by a friend. She said she liked the food and that it was cheap. I met her there and honestly, I wasn't very impressed. I ended up spending a good chunk of money just to feed myself (given, I did have enough to take home). I ordered a roll of sushi (which was actually pretty good for the price I paid), some potstickers (maybe I have high standards but this place didn't have good ones), and the combination fried rice (the worst). The service was good (as we were the only ones in that tiny place). Seriously, though... The fried rice... How hard is it to make? I'm not a great cook and it's sad to admit that I can make it better than they can. I don't know what kind of meats they put in it but... Some of it really tasted off.. Like it wasn't cooked right or something. I will not be going back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Interesting and great flavors, but hard to find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The reviews I've read and the website sounded intrigueing enough for me to try to go there even though it was a little out of the way. Tried the 1st time, but couldn't find it after putting the address in the GPS. Did more google searching to find it the 2nd night, but almost missed it again!
It is definitely tucked away in a corner and hidden from street view, but worth the visit. I was a little lost walking in,not knowing whether to just sit and be waited on or not, but was quickly helped explaining you go to the counter, order then sit. I loved the little 'condiment bar' allowing you to choose from kim chee, takuwan (yellow pickled turnip), sesame flavored bean sprouts,etc.There were too many choices to choose from and settle on squid tempura (large tender pieces) with a mild soy dipping sauce I doctored with schiracchi to add some heat. Had their version of Korean Kalbi with rice and veggies and was tasty as well.
I will definitely make an effort to get back to try their namesake Maki sushi the next time in the area!
You may want to call ahead and let them give you landmarks to find the place as the GPS address is not 'accurate' enough.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Irving, Texas, United States
“good sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

a very cute place snuggled in between quite a few strips, so it was a little hard to spot. the people there are very nice and the sushi is reasonably priced and delicious.

Visited November 2011
Dallas, Texas
“Disgusting hot entrees, bad service, okay sushi”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

The only possible reason to come here is cheap sushi. The hot food tastes like it was made 3 days ago and reheated.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Maki Boy? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Maki Boy, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.