“So glad I didn't stay in a hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

10% Off!
Ranked #1 of 6 Irving B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sedona, AZ
“So glad I didn't stay in a hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

This was such a great find. I was attending a conference in Arlington in the Sheraton by the stadium. Originally I was going to stay in a hotel there but when I compared the prices and the reviews of the nearby hotels I decided to look elsewhere. I'm so glad I thought to look for B&B's because that's how I found the Jefferson Street B&B. I paid about $260 (including tax) for two nights and two breakfasts. SO much better than staying in a hotel and it only took me about 15-20 minutes to drive to my conference. It was nice to feel like someone was looking out for me rather than staying in a big, impersonal hotel.

I stayed in the French room which was perfect. It has antique furniture and a beautiful stained-glass wall light. There was a small walk-in closet with a small refrigerator, a large desk, a bed, a couple chairs. The bathroom was lovely with marble and tile. There were several nice touches such as a few hangers in the closet in case you didn't have any, a back scratcher, hand lotion, a hair dryer, pens and pencils and a writing tablet including several "Things to Do in Dallas"-type booklets & a map. I loved the seat under the lamp with the beaded shade - perfect reading nook. There was a faux ficus tree in the corner and hardwood floors. It did smell a little like an antique shop which is to be expected in a room full of antique furniture. The bed was a wonderful nest of fresh, clean linens and pillows that just begs to be curled up in. Everything was CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN! No dust in the corners anywhere!

Quietest air conditioner I've ever (not) heard! Room was very cool and comfortable despite the hot Dallas summertime weather!

I got in rather late which I had arranged ahead of time. There is no sign to be seen arriving in the dark so if you're coming in from E. 6th Street it is the first driveway on the right. Just drive to the back. I couldn't see where to go in the dark so I called Lee's cell phone number and she answered right away since she was waiting for me. She came out to the street to flag me down and show me where to park.

There was a little room with a stocked refrigerator, a microwave, and a toaster. Since I got in late, I welcomed the toast & jam and hot tea I was able to make and take back to my room.

I love how they have breakfast delivered to your room - I'm not into the kitchy sitting around with a bunch of people I don't know talking about other bed and breakfasts. Breakfast was simple but abundant - scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, coffee, yogurt with fresh fruit, etc.

Things that did NOT bother me but might bother someone else: 1) No, they do not clean your room everyday so hang your towels and make your bed. 2) There was no lighted sign so when I arrived after dark (which I had arranged ahead of time) I called Lee on her cell phone which she answered immediately and flagged me down on the street. 3) Yes, there are boxes and stuff in the breezeways.

I thought it was well worth the cost. I felt very safe and would definitely recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: The French room has a big desk, a huge comfortable bed, and the quietest air conditioner I've ev...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Parkes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Our frontier queen was spacious , clean, comfy and cleverly decorated . The charming hosts were very friendly and accommodating and gave helpful tips on getting about into Dallas & For Wortrh. All offered extras were available with minimum fuss. Close to rail and a number of local eateries . Recommend highly.

Room Tip: Walking for fitness or bike to borrow! Quiet location : no local nightlife
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Room was comfy and cozy. Clean and spacious. The food was excellent. The inkeepers are a sweet couple who do an excellent job.

Room Tip: Gulf coast has a whirpool tub in the room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We paid $7 each for the full breakfast and it was worth it. The Hill Country room was clean and comfortable with nice decorations. We will definitely stay there again when visiting the DFW area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Bamberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We were surprised by how much our expectations were exceeded upon arrival. Perfect place, I am so happy to have chosen Jefferson Street B&B over any in Dallas. The innkeepers were incredibly sweet and Breakfast in our room was incredible! Thank you for a wonderful time! You cannot find a better place for this price anywhere around Dallas. The tree suite was amazing!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

My company had booked me at the 512 Jefferson St. Bed and Breakfast while I was in Irving on business. It could be that I prefer the security of a major hotel but it isn't in the best part of town and it made me nervous that the private entrance door to the room was 50% glass which I felt could be broken into easily. I did not have breakfast because I was never told where to go to get it and I thought it should be provided in the written info. I did get in late the first night and the owner did bring me a bowl of soup which was nice. and my luggage was lost so the owner also brought me a T shirt to sleep in and a toothbrush which was nice. The walk way to the parking lot was filled with so much stuff that I could barely walk through it which takes away from the place as well, including an empty bathtub on the side of the parking lot. I didnt see any of the other suites, so they may have been nicer. My room was the frontier room which could have done without the pine tree in the corner of the room that does nothing but collect dust and I didn't like seeing the gun hanging up on the wall. My friend visited me from the area and felt the room was very masculine, maybe should be reserved for male guest. I expected more based on the website pictures. The hair dryer would overheat every 30 seconds and I wouldnt even attempted to use the antique iron. I stayed 3 nights and no one even emptied my garbage.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

My husband and I live locally and have never heard of this B&B until I started looking for a mini get away from our kids. We stayed 3 nights in the Gulf Coast room with the in room jacuzzi. The room was clean, well decorated, and they were very thoughtful in the little extras (nail files, bath salts, back scratchers, ect). The pictures on their web site do not do their rooms justice. The owners were delightful and responsive. We actually chatted with them for 2 hrs one night about their bed and breakfast and they showed us several of their other rooms when we requested. It was obvious when they built the B&B they put a lot of thought and detail in each room. The in room hot tub for two was well worth it! The breakfast was worth the extra money. We had it delivered to our room every morning at 10:30. The breakfast was hot, delicious, and right on time. We would have loved to try the soup but we weren't in our rooms at the right time. I thought that was a nice touch for them to offer it. They also offered free sodas and bottled water which was great! The B&B is located in the historic district of Irving. The location is perfect if you want to visit both Dallas or Ft. Worth. We will definitely be coming back here and we recommend you try it out too!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Jefferson Street Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!