“Good stay at this hotel” 4 of 5 stars

HHonors Weekend
Ranked #4 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Good stay at this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights...hotel is under renovation however I was never bothered or heard any excessive noise while I was there..

Had room on 4th floor newly renovated...smelt like a new hotel to say the least..

One elevator was out of service while I was there so the walk was long unless I came in the entrance by the sport court and went up 4 flights of stairs..

The hot tub in the pool area was also closed which was a damper since that is what I like to enjoy...

There is a lot of road construction going on currently as well..

Breakfast was small but normal fare...staff was friendly and helpful, made some great recommendations for me for golf and shopping..

Will stay there again

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Checked in late- was greeted by the friendly front desk staff- put us in a newly renovated room- beautiful place! Took us in the shuttle to DFW- great location by the airport- very quiet place- will stay again!

• Stayed April 2013
DFW, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Excellent hotel and great staff, look forward to my return to the area. Had a long day and it was nice to be picked up from the airport and taken back the next day. Front desk staff of two was great and the breakfast the next morning hit the spot. Really enjoyed the short visit I had with this hotel. ABQ bound!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is my new favorite place to stay when flying in and out of DFW. Everyone was friendly and helpful (we needed a crib for our granddaughter) and they upgraded us to a one-bedroom to accommodate us at the last minute. We actually like the studio better than the one bedroom (two families) as it had both a desk and a breakfast table. Breakfast was average, but still a very good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We've stayed here numerous times. We travel to the Caribbean often, and it's usually much cheaper to fly out of DFW than OKC. So we drive to Irving, take advantage of the free airport transfers, and leave the car there until we get back. Plus, the one-bedroom suite is a nice, clean, comfortable room. Last month however, things changed. We were told that the shuttle service wouldn't start til 7 a.m. being a Saturday forcing us to take an expensive taxi ride to make our early-morning flight. We were told that had always been the policy. We told the lady at the desk that was impossible because we had stayed there at least three times previously always leaving at the crack of dawn and always on a Saturday. She was rather rude (we thought) and stated there was nothing she could do about it.

I usually wouldn't let one bad experience keep me from going back some place, but the free shuttles to the airport was one of the primary reasons we stayed there. Couple that with the fact that they're almost impossible to find due to the horrible construction going on throughout Grapevine, and I think we'll just find another more convenient place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Edmond, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Everything was clean, bed was wonderful, staff was very personable. Now... the evening front desk person... wow... i called the 412 E was closed so I was on a side road and couldn't see the hotels. So I called and asked for cross roads. She never asked where I was at... her reply umm yeah we are on 412. I asked can you give me any visual aids... her reply umm yeah other hotels. I found it myself without her assistance (took me an extra 15mins). We arrived there and the only thing she said to us what is your name and can I have your credit card and your license, what floor we were on and where the elevator was. Nothing about the pool, gym, convenience "store", about morning breakfast, about parking, shuttle, nothing... It really worried about our 2 night stay. I went down the next evening and there she was again. I asked about the pool hours on Sunday and she umm they are the same as todays. Everything else but her was wonderful. My 6 year old son even looked at me and said why is she so rude. Also with it being right by the airport.... I never heard an airplane....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had a layover in Dallas and stayed at the hotel for a short period of time, but the rooms were nicely furnished and roomy, and the breakfast was fabulous - the staff was extremely nice and checked on us as if we were at a full service restaurant. We were short towels in our room, but had we had time, I'm sure we would have gotten additional ones right away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport? Share your experiences!