“Trying hard, but hasn't gotten there” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #142 of 493 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Southlake, Texas
“Trying hard, but hasn't gotten there”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This Outback was one of the early restaurants to open for lunch. They recently remodeled, and it is definitely a fresher, cleaner atmosphere. The music was finally not too loud on this visit. My waitress was perky, maybe a little too perky, I got tired of hearing, "you got it" whenever we ordered an item. My french dip was great. But the ramiken in which it was served had a big crack in the side, which was infused with a dark color. So that was replaced, and the order was fine. But my other two business guests were disappointed with their food. The lunch sirloin was tough. It was even difficult for my female guest to chew. The California salad for my other guest had good chicken, but the lettuce was old and discolored. How hard is it to slice up a fresh head of 99 cent lettuce, you guys? Why serve the stalky, white stem and yellow un-ripe sections? So overall, I feel the kitchen management is pretty lacking at this Outback. Outback spends mass quantities of money on advertising. Please spend a few cents more on the product. As we say here in Texas, "Why put lipstick on a pig?" Pass this one by.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

San Angelo, Texas
“Great as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I love Outback Steakhouse no matter where I am visiting. It is just a great place to eat. I love the menu choices and the service.

Visited September 2012
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Was oddly disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Though I've had Outback before, we did have one guest who sent his steak back twice. The wait staff was very helpful and tried their best.

Visited July 2012
Dallas Texas
“Good on ya mate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Food is not Aussie but it is tasty. Service is excellent. Go and enjoy.

Visited March 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Nice people but the food quality and preparation has gone downhill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

The restaurant has a warm, friendly staff. But the food quality and preparation was lousy. The steak I got was overcooked and low end.

I travel a lot and I eat out frequently.No matter where I go, I've found the quality of the meat and meal preparation has been deteriorating over time at Outback. Every time I eat at one lately I've regretted my decision.That wasn't the case a couple of years ago.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!