“Best Chimichanga Ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Real Gourmet Mexican is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 475 Restaurants in Irving
Cross street: Byron Nelson Way
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Best Chimichanga Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

They were so kind to make the chimichanga for me, even though it was only on the lunch menu, and it was dinner time. It had a fajita taste, but was honestly the best chimichanga I've ever had. The restaurant has a nice ambience, with a good variety of items on the menu, as well as various price ranges. Meals range from about $13 to $45. Mine was a $13 dish and it was pretty hearty. Great service too. I'll definitely come back, when I'm in the area again.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Via R, Owner at Via Real Gourmet Mexican, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
I will make sure to pass your compliments to Chef Jesus. We are thrilled that you have given us the label of "best chimichanga I've ever had" - What an honor!

I wanted to thank you for the wonderful review. We love reading what our guests have to say! Our staff takes everything to heart.

I hope to see you back next time you are in town!

Austin, Texas
“First time, but we'll be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We were staying in Las Colinas and Via Real was suggested by the hotel staff. Additionally we reviewed Trip Advisor and were even more intrigued with the menu. The restaurant located in an upscale mall in Las Colinas has valet parking. The restaurant itself is beautifully decorated. The noise level was a bit loud however I have to mention that it was completely filled when we dined.

The food was amazing. We decided to share appetizers as small plates so we could sample different dishes. We had cerviche, a bit different with larger pieces of shrimp and scallops, tortilla soup, seared scallops, shrimp quesadilla, and our favorite smoked sea bass empanadas. There was a dlightful taste of the smokeness that accented the sea bass perfectly. A taste sensation that requires at least one return visit.

The service was excellent. Our waiter Diego did a great job of pacing our different appetizers and made excellent suggestions of wine and a great tequilla for after dinner. A special treat was talking to the owner, Fran Mathers. She has worked to provide a restaurant that is comfortable, has an excellent and different menu, and provides service to match.

We highly recommend dining at Via Real.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
We are so grateful for the very sweet review! Thanks for all the compliments. We do our best to impress and make your visit as memorable as possible. I am thrilled to find that we did just that.

I hope to see you again soon!

Dallas, Texas
“Excellent service, atmosphere and food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I love this restaurant! The staff treats you like you are a celebrity. Every time we come in, they greet us by our names and are extremely inviting and friendly. The menu is a variety of mexican, italian, seafood and steak. I have tried several different dishes and have never been disappointed. Just incredible food! Their Sunday brunch is amazing and very reasonably priced! I love the candle light atmosphere, love their margaritas and enjoy the friendly and prompt service!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Via R, Owner at Via Real Gourmet Mexican, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
I am so happy to hear that you are treated like celebrities, that is because you are! We love seeing you and cooking for you. Thanks for the repeat opportunities!

I will look forward to your next visit.

“Excellent place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

I have only been here once but it was amazing! I work at a hotel close by and always recommend to my guests to go here and when they come back they always have had the best experience and the best food. I can always feel positive about recommending your restaurant to my guests!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Via R, Owner at Via Real Gourmet Mexican, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
First of all, Via Real thanks you for all of the lovely guests you send our way. We love taking care of them!

Also, thank you for leaving feedback on the matter. Every word is precious, from our local concierge AND guests, we appreciate the compliments!

We hope to see you again soon!

NE Ohio
“Great dinner on multiple occasions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I've had tex mex.....appetizers.....seafood....drinks...and not one thing I'd change. Very happy with every meal. I know it may sound funny, but I cannot get enough of their poppers. I know, it doesn't sound gourmet, but the are great.

Visited July 2014
Via R, Owner at Via Real Gourmet Mexican, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
I have to tell you that my granddaughter's favorite thing on the ENTIRE menu are our stuffed jalapenos. She can't get enough! I'm glad that you enjoy them as well.

Thank you so much for the awesome review! We appreciate your feedback.

I hope to see you in again soon. We will have the ratones waiting.