“Needs Lessons on Properly Preparing a Caesar Salad” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #100 of 494 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: American
Cortlandt Manor
“Needs Lessons on Properly Preparing a Caesar Salad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Dined with a client at the BlueFire Grille (Not Lounge) who was staying at the hotel, so meal and price was secondary...but not unimportant.

Chose the Caesar Salad with grilled shrimp. Way over-dressed. Unskilled preparation. If I wasn't with a client, I would have sent it back.

Positives: Pleasant but darkened decor, and private enough for business conversation.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Denton, Texas
“average hotel restaraunt”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is an average hotel restaraunt. they serve 20+ dollar sandwiches. I noticed that the grille was empty often. The mixed drinks are pretty good though if you like to sit at the bar

Visited July 2013
san diego
“Pricy but Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Really nice restaurant at the Westin DFW.

Had just a salad and appetizer -- wasn't hungry enough for something bigger but almost all the entrees were about $30-40.

Very good food and very generous servings of wine.

Service was excellent.

Visited May 2013
Colorado
“Isabel was great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I read the few reviews on this property before deciding to eat here instead of Denny's. I was glad that I did. This restaurant is certainly a notch or two above traditional hotel restaurants. I was seated immediately. One thing I noticed right away, was how COLD the restaurant was. The atmosphere was nice, though, and uncrowded. I was served by Isabel, who I found to be friendly, welcoming, and efficient. Dinner started with a few tasty warm rolls and butter. I chose the 5 ounce Fillet for dinner, which was very tasty, and came with a side of choice. I chose the baked potato, which was baked perfectly. I had a very affordable glass of wine. I had a HUGE portion of "killer" fudge cake. It was so rich and big, I couldn't finish it. I chose a coffee and Bailey's to finish the meal, and found it to be delicious. This restaurant could do much better in a better location, and is worth the trip, even for those not staying in the Westin.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“Huge Portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Four of us went to this restaurant. 2 received a half size salad and the other 2 ordered a full size salad. The full-size salad was enough food for three people to eat not one. I was barely able to eat the half size one I ordered. The food is good, service is good, however I would recommend sharing what you order with someone.

• Visited April 2013