“Good Mexican food chain” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch
Gouda, The Netherlands
“Good Mexican food chain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Went for lunch with colleagues to 'On the border'. The service was ok, but the food was really good. The fajitas and all required sides tasted good. Would come back here for lunch again, good value for money.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Dinner with wife...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

On the Border has been the de-facto for me and my wife and thats the level of Mexican we can handle...

The unlimited chips and salsa make it well worth it...

Visited November 2013
Irving, Texas, USA
“Decent Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

They have good ambience, Food is good and have lots of veggie choices. There Chips and Salsa is best

Visited September 2013
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My first time eating here was great. The food came fast. I ordered a Chimachanga w/ queso w/black beans & rice with Coronarita It was a great! & free wifi as I needed to apt hunt so just perfect... my new fav

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Food was Bland”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I met friends for happy hour. Normally I go to On the Border in Addison, TX. Friends wanted to meet at the one on Market Place in Irving. I ordered a Miller Lite which was supposed to be a $2 happy hour drink. When I got my bill the waiter had charged me for a $4 Dos Equis. Whatever it was it could have been water because it was tasteless and not at all cold. My friends ordered the happy hour margaritas which were made with house tequila. They said they were delicious and strong. My friends ordered chicken tacos and bean and cheese burritos. They said they were good. They also liked the queso and guacamole. The guacamole was almost tasteless to me. The chips and salsa were OK. I ordered my favorite dish of Shrimp Diablo. I should have ordered something else. The shrimp were not hot, they didn't have much diablo sauce on them, and they were supposed to be jumbo. Mine were average size. The cilantro lime rice was also tasteless. The vegetables (mushrooms, squash, and peppers) were tasty. I can't complain about my pecan praline brownie sundae because it was deeeelicious. The brownie was soft and moist, and the praline caramel, chocolate sauce was scrumptious. The vanilla ice cream was soft and flavorful. I think our waitress' name was Lindsey. She was nice and attentive. I pointed out the error the waiter who took my drink order made and she was very nice about getting the price corrected. My friends ordered the sopapillas. They said they were very good. I guess out of the five of us I was the only one who was not satisfied with the food. The restaurant in Addison has much better food and service. My bill was $26.00. I think this was a bit expensive for what I ended up with. Next time someone suggests this restaurant I'll pass.

• Visited August 2013