“OK if you arrive in DFW at 2 o'clock in the morning.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N.

You added Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7825 Heathrow Drive, Irving, TX 75063 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #71 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Phoenix, Arizona
“OK if you arrive in DFW at 2 o'clock in the morning.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Hotel was clean, cheap and close to DFW airport after arriving 2 o'clock in the morning. Glad I had GPS because neither the Rental car employee or lot attendant knew where Heathrow Drive was located. Great for late night arrival and a very short stay.

Only stayed 2 (two) days for a funeral on short notice, so I didn't have maid service during the time but that was OK. However, I believe the hotel should give you a heads up about this up front. In addition they need to put Spoons, Forks and Knives in the kitchen. The kitchen is not much use without these items even for a short stay.

Next, the LACK of any hangers to hang clothes up in the closet was a surprise.

Finally, hotel seemed old, tired and without any life. But it does

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N., responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are glad that we were able to provide you with a clean and affordable stay. However, we are sorry to hear that you were not informed of our housekeeping policy and that all kitchenware is located at the front desk for our guests. We will be working with our front desk staff to ensure that they are fully notifying each guest of all of our amenities. We will also be reviewing your comments with our housekeeping staff to make sure each room is fully stocked upon arrival.

We appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I invite you to contact us, at DFW@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
…………………………………………….

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Decatur, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I usually don't do reviews but I absolutely HAD to warn people of this place. Let me start by say this property is the worst extended stay I have ever stay at considering the price of the rooms per night! I reserved a double queen bed suite online for 7 night @ $69.00 (you do the math) a week and half before I was due to arrive.. yet when I arrived I did not have the room that I reserved it was changed by the hotel staff. Made to seem like I changed it. So I called the front desk to let them know that I got a different room than what I reserved. I was told by Karen that there were no more rooms available and that I would have to wait until one comes available (by the way she never gave a date or a time). I told her that I reserved it with a credit card her smart remark was so does everyone else! (How rude!). She didn't offer to discount the room or anything. So I called the corporate quality service department....(there is always two ways to skin a cat) they told me that they will get in touch with the hotel manager. I received a call from Mr. Claude Love. Very nice gentleman. He rectified the situation despite KAREN. But wait there's more...I patronized them again about a month later thinking that it was an isolated incident but this time I brought my entire family. And it was evident that Karen recognized me because she tried to snub me again. I checked in... same scenario I needed 2 double queen beds...gave me the keys still had a snooty attitude. This time I walked into a dirty, smoke filled, rug stained defecated with pet pee room! I pulled the covers back to see if the beds were even clean...to my surprise (not really) they were not! Rice and chip crumbs between the flat sheet and the fitted sheet! They didn't even bother to make the second bed! This hotel is supposed to be non smoking establishment. There were cigarette butts in the window track where the person was smoking at the window! The sofa had cigarette burns in the cushions and the bathroom smelled like sewer! She did a okie doke on me! 1st time shame on them...second time shame on me. Because I knew better. I called Karen told her the condition of the room she told me she had nothing else available exactly like the first time...and she would have someone come clean the room. Still trying to give her the benefit of the doubt I stayed for an hour in the room waiting on housekeeping. They never showed I came up front Karen was gone! I called quality assurance AGAIN! I also told Duncan who had relieved Karen at the front desk of the problem he moved me with NO problems into a much better room! It is ashamed that you have such despicable people in the world. Especially when your guests are the reason you have a job! Its fine because even though Duncan and Mr. Love were excellent at rectifying Karen's despicable antics I will never set foot back in an Extended Stay America again. This property does not take pride in its company because if it did they would do better by its guest and the hotel wouldn't look like a run down roach motel! Thank goodness for LaQuita!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N., responded to this review, May 29, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I truly apologize for the level of service members of our staff provided to you. Please know, this is not in line with our company's high standards and I am working with the staff to ensure that we provide great service moving forward. It is our goal to provide a "home away from home" for our guests to enjoy, and we will continue to strive to attain this.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at DFW@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Wasn't really expecting much the place seemed ok but it really was not all that great.. The management seemed really unorganized we only stayed one time and probably wouldn't go back too much competition in the area..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N., responded to this review, May 12, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. I discussed your comments with our team and we are taking the necessary steps to ensure your experience is not repeated. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at DFW@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Can't say it's the best hotel I've stayed in. Pretty run down, bed uncomfortable, fridge made noise all night and carpet and walls pretty dirty. Only good thing was I had free shuttle servic and I was first on and first off.

• Stayed May 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N., responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Again, thank you for the comments. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, dfw@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Red Oak, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

It was a great stay I was there a month and a half while I was looking for a new house. I was there with my dogs and the staff was so natural around them. The last week my daughter had her tonsils out and they were right there to help me prepare for it and helped with anything I needed. My new 2nd home and extended family.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N., responded to this review, April 22, 2014
The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Irving, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The Positives:
Likely the cheapest hotel you will find in the area. Staff is curtious and respond to any reasonable request. A/Cs are new (in most rooms) and work well. Bed is comfortable and if you put a pillow over your head, it's quiet.
Laundry facility is very adequate
Great shuttle service- will take you anywhere within reason
Negatives:
Not the best choice if you are a vacation traveler.
Place does smell of cigarettes and the back entrance has a pile of cigarette butts 1" thick stacked up there. To be fair, my room didn't smell at all.
Security is not good- back door doesn't lock so anyone can access the halls of the place 24/7. I would not want my wife or family sleeping here without me. Also, lets say that some of the other "hotel guests" are...interesting personalities.
Breakfast is.... well, lets just say they shouldn't advertise that the place has "breakfast". Coffee and snacks maybe, but not breakfast.
Rooms are tired (cracked drywall and water stains in all 5 rooms I looked at; some rooms are definately worse than others. Carpets are gross in most rooms (though some have a wood pattern vinyl, which should be in all rooms (IMO) Don't look at the space between the refrigerator and the stove- you DON'T want to know what's down there...
There is always debris, cigarette butts, paper and assorted trash in the stairwells. Then again, I suppose you aren't sleeping in the stairwell.
Overall-
If you are a budget minded traveler, this is certainly not the worst place you could be, but for a few bucks more, there are much much better options.

Room Tip: Ask to see what rooms are available. The difference in the quality of the rooms is noticeable.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N., responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our on-site laundry facilities, shuttle service and friendly staff. Still, I apologize for the level of cleanliness and odors that you experienced during your stay with us. I am working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure that this issue does not affect future guests. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at DFW@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

When we arrived approx.9:30 pm there was an erratic man (talking to himself, pacing back and forth in front of the lobby door(!)hitting himself on the head!) My Husband went in to check in and I was left in the car,frightened out of my mind.This man was allowed to block the front entry and I later was informed by the front desk clerk that they were aware of the man ,he was a homeless man who has stayed there for 2 years(the clerk said his family paid) As I watched him from the car, he stared at my Husband in the lobby and appeared to hide himself (lying in wait)n for my Husband to come back out(to the car) he paced, stared at my Husband and hid himself several times! I was terrified and was prepared (all 5 ft 3" of me) to jump out and defend my Husband! When the man finally disappeared into the lobby,I jumped out of the car and ran into the lobby (obviously frightened and informed the clerk that he needed to call the police , the clerk said (and I quote) "oh that's just the homeless guy who lives here ,his family pays for him" AND without an apology or further explanation ,he looked away and continued whatever it was he was doing.Absolutely cluless and rude-not overtly rude but stand-offish and unconcerned with the fact that a guest (me ,a woman ) was made to feel threatened and was PREVENTED from entering the lobby of the Hotel where I HAD A RESERVATION!!!!!!!. Apparently in the world where this clerk comes from ,it is considered appropriate to allow a filthy disturbed person to block the entry way (the main lobby) of the Hotel where he works!!!!!!! Is it me??? It's not me, right? Also to be frank , the rooms were shabby , the place was a dump, although the cleaning staff was kind and polite( I felt sorry they had to work there) we stayed 1 night (it was enough) and I left a 3 dollar tip. The rooms were reasonable (not exactly cheap considering the awfulness of the place) , the rooms should have cost 20.00 dollars! and come with a gun . My Husband is a Military Officer , we flew in from London ,traveled to France, Belgium, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Germany , Japan, Luxembourg and more and THIS WAS THE WORST!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N.

Address: 7825 Heathrow Drive, Irving, TX 75063 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Texas > Irving
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #71 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.