“Blah .. Look elsewhere...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N.

You added Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7825 Heathrow Drive, Irving, TX 75063 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #68 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Dallas, Texas
“Blah .. Look elsewhere...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Wasn't really expecting much the place seemed ok but it really was not all that great.. The management seemed really unorganized we only stayed one time and probably wouldn't go back too much competition in the area..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N., responded to this review, May 12, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. I discussed your comments with our team and we are taking the necessary steps to ensure your experience is not repeated. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at DFW@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Can't say it's the best hotel I've stayed in. Pretty run down, bed uncomfortable, fridge made noise all night and carpet and walls pretty dirty. Only good thing was I had free shuttle servic and I was first on and first off.

• Stayed May 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N., responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Again, thank you for the comments. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, dfw@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Red Oak, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

It was a great stay I was there a month and a half while I was looking for a new house. I was there with my dogs and the staff was so natural around them. The last week my daughter had her tonsils out and they were right there to help me prepare for it and helped with anything I needed. My new 2nd home and extended family.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N., responded to this review, April 22, 2014
The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Irving, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The Positives:
Likely the cheapest hotel you will find in the area. Staff is curtious and respond to any reasonable request. A/Cs are new (in most rooms) and work well. Bed is comfortable and if you put a pillow over your head, it's quiet.
Laundry facility is very adequate
Great shuttle service- will take you anywhere within reason
Negatives:
Not the best choice if you are a vacation traveler.
Place does smell of cigarettes and the back entrance has a pile of cigarette butts 1" thick stacked up there. To be fair, my room didn't smell at all.
Security is not good- back door doesn't lock so anyone can access the halls of the place 24/7. I would not want my wife or family sleeping here without me. Also, lets say that some of the other "hotel guests" are...interesting personalities.
Breakfast is.... well, lets just say they shouldn't advertise that the place has "breakfast". Coffee and snacks maybe, but not breakfast.
Rooms are tired (cracked drywall and water stains in all 5 rooms I looked at; some rooms are definately worse than others. Carpets are gross in most rooms (though some have a wood pattern vinyl, which should be in all rooms (IMO) Don't look at the space between the refrigerator and the stove- you DON'T want to know what's down there...
There is always debris, cigarette butts, paper and assorted trash in the stairwells. Then again, I suppose you aren't sleeping in the stairwell.
Overall-
If you are a budget minded traveler, this is certainly not the worst place you could be, but for a few bucks more, there are much much better options.

Room Tip: Ask to see what rooms are available. The difference in the quality of the rooms is noticeable.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N., responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our on-site laundry facilities, shuttle service and friendly staff. Still, I apologize for the level of cleanliness and odors that you experienced during your stay with us. I am working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure that this issue does not affect future guests. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at DFW@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

When we arrived approx.9:30 pm there was an erratic man (talking to himself, pacing back and forth in front of the lobby door(!)hitting himself on the head!) My Husband went in to check in and I was left in the car,frightened out of my mind.This man was allowed to block the front entry and I later was informed by the front desk clerk that they were aware of the man ,he was a homeless man who has stayed there for 2 years(the clerk said his family paid) As I watched him from the car, he stared at my Husband in the lobby and appeared to hide himself (lying in wait)n for my Husband to come back out(to the car) he paced, stared at my Husband and hid himself several times! I was terrified and was prepared (all 5 ft 3" of me) to jump out and defend my Husband! When the man finally disappeared into the lobby,I jumped out of the car and ran into the lobby (obviously frightened and informed the clerk that he needed to call the police , the clerk said (and I quote) "oh that's just the homeless guy who lives here ,his family pays for him" AND without an apology or further explanation ,he looked away and continued whatever it was he was doing.Absolutely cluless and rude-not overtly rude but stand-offish and unconcerned with the fact that a guest (me ,a woman ) was made to feel threatened and was PREVENTED from entering the lobby of the Hotel where I HAD A RESERVATION!!!!!!!. Apparently in the world where this clerk comes from ,it is considered appropriate to allow a filthy disturbed person to block the entry way (the main lobby) of the Hotel where he works!!!!!!! Is it me??? It's not me, right? Also to be frank , the rooms were shabby , the place was a dump, although the cleaning staff was kind and polite( I felt sorry they had to work there) we stayed 1 night (it was enough) and I left a 3 dollar tip. The rooms were reasonable (not exactly cheap considering the awfulness of the place) , the rooms should have cost 20.00 dollars! and come with a gun . My Husband is a Military Officer , we flew in from London ,traveled to France, Belgium, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Germany , Japan, Luxembourg and more and THIS WAS THE WORST!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The only positives... It's close to the airport & they have a shuttle that runs every :30-:45 minutes. The doors to the hotel were propped open by guests. The halls were dirty. The room floors were dirty, the appliances dusty, the walls & ceilings were in need of paint & plaster, the bed was uncomfortable, there was a cigarette burn in the bed spread, the cabinets were worn & there was a terrible odor that kept me from eating in the room (the smell ruined my appetite). I was guaranteed a renovated room prior to my check in but when I arrived, I was given a run down room & every room they showed me afterwards, to try to resolve my displeasure, was as disappointing as the 1st. I will not plan to stay at an Extended Stay Hotel again so BEWARE!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N., responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that you were not given the renovated room you were shown on your property visit. Please accept my apology. To uphold our company's high standards, we are locating some vacant and renovated rooms I would like to show you personally to see if they might meet your satisfaction. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Still, I am pleased that you found our location and shuttle to be an added value to your stay.

I am looking forward to speaking with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at dfw@extendedstay.com, at 972-929-3333, or feel free to stop at the front desk when you have a moment. We would love to have another chance to provide you with the experience you had expected.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed here only because I've heard the name before. Now I know the name, I won't stay here again. It felt very dirty, chose a smoking room, as a smoker I understand the room will have, let's call it an odor. I made it to my room and could smell smoke in the hallways. Kind of expected that. Got to my room, opened the door and was hit with a nasty smell of smoke. Now I know, I did have an expectation of a smell but wow, not that bad. I went to reception and requested a non smoking room. I could go outside if I needed one that bad. I got a new (so to speak) room. It....well lets just say it didn't smell... like smoke anyway. The bed sounded like it was wrapped in plastic, and it creaked/squeaked anytime you made any movement. I could have sat in the chair but it was literally in the closet and had no view to the TV. The other chairs in the room had some stains on them so I opted to stay in the noisy bed.
All in all, I was there less than 17hrs, and I would have, could have, and should have paid double or more to stay somewhere else. Maybe I'm just a snob, but I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N., responded to this review, October 8, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the room had such a strong odor, the bed was noisy and the furniture was stained. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are updating our deep clean schedule as well as looking at different mattress protectors to prevent the crinkly noise you described. We are also expanding our odor removal process for our corridors.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please contact me, at dfw@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N.

Address: 7825 Heathrow Drive, Irving, TX 75063 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Texas > Irving
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #68 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Extended Stay so you can book your Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.