“Don't expect much” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7825 Heathrow Drive, Irving, TX 75063 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #70 of 76 hotels in Irving
Arkansas
“Don't expect much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The best thing going for this "hotel" is the desk people were thorough and friendly. That's why this review isn't a 1/Terrible.

I know some reviewers spent only $35 a night, but we didn't. A friend of ours booked through Priceline for over $60 a night. I've stayed in a little bit worse on the spare of the moment, I've stayed in a WHOLE lot nicer, and I've stayed in places that fall between. I would never stay here again nor recommend this place to anyone UNLESS it was the only place open, period. The rooms were ample size. TV, sink, & full size refrigerator worked. It wasn't clean enough for me to feel comfortable letting my 1 yr old walk around. There was crud on the cabinets. The bathroom was "clean" but really needed to just be redone, caulk, baseboards, paint, tub, etc. The faucet on the tub required Sherlock Holmes to figure it out...lol. You turned a handle to get the temp right, and the center circle for pressure. The water pressure and temp were great...no complaints there. To turn the shower on we had to pull a little screw on the faucet...obviously there was a piece missing that should have been attached. The comforters on the beds smelled of old greasy food, but the sheets seemed ok. It was quiet on our end of the hall. I told the friend I always review on TripAdvisor, and if we had to stay there longer than 24 hrs he would have been in trouble...lol.

Stay at your own risk.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N., responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room was not cleaned to your satisfaction. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am using your comments to improve our services. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at DFW@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Grapevine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I think its great for the family on the road.very conveint to food and rent cars. Its allways a full house doing the month Iived their,parking could have been bigger hard to find parking,mainly I worked night shift and got home late in the eveing. But I never worried about wife there alone she and I felt very safe.

Room Tip: Higher floors very quite
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N., responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Dripping Springs, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

At $35.00 a night for the weekly rate this hotel fit my budget working as a contractor, in the Irving area.
However, I woke up three mornings and took a cold shower. The hot water was there when I returned in the evenings but that was little consolation. The service can only be described as lackadaisical.
I know the cost of new paint and carpet and that is too much to ask at this weekly rate. But the whole place including the two rooms I stayed in could use a good cleaning. The second room I was given still had trash from the last guest.
If you are on a budget this place works but go in with your eyes open.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N., responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Dallas - DFW Airport N. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I came here because I arrived super late and just needed a place to crash near the airport with free shuttle service.
When I arrived I called and tried to arrange shuttle pick up. The lady on the line just told me I need to find a grey sign, yet she had to way of pointing me in the right direction. I find this grey sign a little while later and call back and she needs a number, I give her the number I'm at and wait...and wait.... then after waiting some 25 mins decide to call back and ask whats up. She said because I sounded unsure about the number she didn't call it in yet....uhhh? thanks for telling me this when I was on the phone? I said I am sure I am reading this number correct and am in terminal E as in Elephant. Once the guy got there, he said he had been waiting around terminal A?! ugh.
anyways, it was 1:30am at that point and I get to the hotel, which looks closed so you call with this phone they have and wait for the lady to come to the desk. She apparently doesn't work the desk and couldnt answer any of my questions so I get my key and go to the room.
I don't know if it was the last room they had or what but this room sucked. It was dark, kind of musty and the shower was gross. It was weird how the whole tile floor extended from the shower to the sink and there was no shower door, but it was gross because the tile was stained with that gross mildew mold looking stuff you find in really old places...I was spraying hot water on it to try to clean it and it looked like it lightened up a little which is even grosser cause if it actually came off and it just wasn't cleaned right, that's just disgusting and not sanitary.
anyways, I didn't unpack or anything since I was staying for so short of time. It was spacious, and they had a fridge and stove but I didn't use those so it didn't matter.
beds were old, cheap and had the gross top comforters classic old motels have but I felt like the sheets were ok and got decent sleep.
The only thing preventing me from giving this a one raiting is because the next day the guy at the front was extremely nice, and allowed late check out at no addtl. charge.
If you are on an extremely tight budget, this probably would suffice. But otherwise, NOT worth it. There are plenty of good hotels for just a few bucks more

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Dallas - DFW Airport N.. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Edmond, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I got this room for $40 on Priceline for an overnight stay before an early flight out of DFW.

I should have went up a half star.

As usual with Priceline, they stuck us with a leftover room, which was for handicap. We tried to exchange but were told they were full. Maybe so, since I would think (hope) they'd leave the handicap room for someone who needs it.

The building and rooms are kind of old. They have kitchenettes, but as far as I know no grocery store nearby.

We asked where we could eat and everything was several blocks away and I was too tired to walk. So we ordered a pizza.

The bed was not comfortable, and there were cigarette burn stains on the pillowcases.

The room had a handicap shower with a seat and a very low nozzle. Also it overflowed because of no barrier to stop the water from running into the bathroom.

The walls were thin. In between the uncomfortable bed and hearing the neighbors TV and kids at 1AM through the wall I had a hard time sleeping.

The lady at the reception desk seemed nice, but there is no one there in the early hours. Luckily we didn't have any problems getting our shuttle at 4:15 AM.

It's close to the airport, so that's one good thing about it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Dallas - DFW Airport N. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Please understand that we maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve.

Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I stayed as the name says for an extended stay, months. The only explanation I have is that it was the cheapest extended stay hotel in the DFW area. The hotel is old and in need of a 100% remodel. They appear to be making some small minor improvements but no where close to making this place a 4 star hotel. The lobby is clean and gives a good first impression but as you walk down the hall you will see stained carpets throughout. My bathroom fixtures were corroded, sinks and tub did not drain even after they attempted to fix them, the toilet constantly backed up and leaked for months before I could get them to fix it. The window leaked when it rained. The furniture was chipped and so uncomfortable my back ached daily. The wall sconce had a short in it and would flicker so eventually I stopped turning it on. The linens were dingy, stained and often had rips or holes in them. The complete furnished kitchen had minimal utensils, dishes and pans. The door frame had been patched many times.

There is no pool and the fitness equipment is old and unstable. The treadmill was not working at all.

The Do Not Disturb sign means absolutely nothing to the staff here. They will knock on the anytime and if you don't answer they call the room. Frustrating when your trying to sleep in. The management is poor however the front desk staff are all very nice and make efforts to get issues solved even though it may take several notifications to them. The place is relatively quiet and their are many long term residents.

Again, it's cheap, that's why I stayed. I do not recommend it.

Room Tip: First floor has a lot of traffic, 3rd floor is smoking...go with the 2nd floor as its much quieter.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

That's where I'd rather be.

It's a Homestead alright. I've seen better. But it was clean and somewhat comfy.
I'd say more like, functional.

Something about the NE corner of the airport, say's, 'Dated' to me.
The buildings, the rooms, the hotels (name any major chain). I drove past a lot of them and was not impressed.

Well this Homestead was fine, on the outside, good, in the lobby, okay, in the hallway and manageable, inside the room.

Nothing in the room said, new or updated. It rang of old, used, but not abused in any way.
I did not cringe, nothing was dirty, everything looked used, but worked just fine. No sparkly items to be seen.

I kept getting that feeling a cobweb or bug, was going to come out.
I looked and there were none to be found. I repeat, the place is clean.

The shower was a piece of work, to figure out. It was old, worn, weird and had a funky way to turn up the water pressure. Maybe 3 small specks of mold on the bottom of the shower curtain. But the show tub, walls and fixtures were clean.

My only problem was, that they do charge for Wi-fi ($4.99 Grrrr). It was down for 10 hours that night. I really wanted to use it and that was bugging me. But I did get a credit for the charge and that's that

The Ladies at the front desk, especially Dakota were very nice.

I survive my stay.

It makes for a shorter trip to the airport. Still far (two toll routes and one long no toll, too), even though you are near enough, to hear the jets revving up. Once you step outside on occasion.
I repeat, only when you step outside and it's occasional.

So plan on, a 15 to 20 min trip to drop your car off.

Would I stay there again.
Probably not.

But, if it was that or my car.
Then I'd gladly take a room,
no qualms, about it!

You may have noticed,
I'm a fan of shinny and sparkly.

Room Tip: My tip is as always, 'Stay on the 2nd flr.'. But that's anywhere, for me.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N.

Address: 7825 Heathrow Drive, Irving, TX 75063 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Texas > Irving
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #70 of 76 hotels in Irving
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.