“better then expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Dallas - DFW Airport North

You added Motel 6 Dallas - DFW Airport North to your Saves list
Motel 6 Dallas - DFW Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7800 Heathrow Drive, S.R. 114 at Esters Boulevard, Irving, TX 75063   |
Ranked #52 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Santa Clarita
“better then expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I have to say, I read reviews and I was a little cautious.
When I got there, I was pleasantly surprised. The room
was very clean! The bathroom very clean. Loved the triangle
shaped bathtub. The only thing was, bring a little clock and don't
forget to check out a blowdryer when you check in.
Also, The shuttle is a real problem. It is not the hotels fault as they
use a shuttle that services a lot of hotels. The morning pick up is great,
its the pick up from the airport that is a nightmare! Beware, it may take awhile
and if you are coming in late....grab a cab. It isn't expensive.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

My family, a group of 10 people, stayed at this motel 6 on 8/10/2014. We checked in at 10:15pm. A girl who worked at front desk was very racist and unhappy with us because We have 5 rooms to check in at the same time. She said "You have too many reservation, step on the side". She took a guy behind me and we have too wait for 20min. At the time we got to our room almost 11pm at night.
We went straight to bed after 10 hours driving. In the morning around 7:20am, I went to bathroom and there is NO WATER.
I went to front desk to report it. All they said we are working on it!!!!!! I told her how can your motel have No Water? how can I flush the toilet or brush my teeth? She said Sorry!!
I spoke to my Chase credit card to report the matter. They called the motel for 3 times but never was able to talk to the general manager. Chase told me I need to contact motel 6 from 10:30 to 11am because that is the time the manager will be there. I called motel 6 this am and she is not there. Motel 6 needed to respond my call before I call BBB and Health department to report this matter.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Liberty, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed here in May 2014 to attend a festival at the airport. We needed to take this trip on a budget so we took a chance and booked a room here. It was so clean and modern...we loved it! It wasn't really plush or fancy in any way but what do you expect for less than a hundred a night on a weekend?!
Beds were comfortable, bathrooms were clean, tv's were new, and we couldn't hear any of our neighbors. It was great!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for the weekend all we look for from a hotel is clean comfortable beds, clean towels and a nice swimming pool to relax in I must say for the awesome price we got it all. The area was very quiet no problems at all we will definitely stay here again. It was an 18 minute drive to Six Flags & about 8 minutes to a strip with different restaurants.

• Stayed August 2014
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed here with family from July 23-29th. The hotel was very clean and the price was excellent. The rooms are small and basic but just what we needed. All encounters with hotel staff were excellent and professional. We highly enjoyed the pool area and found plenty of parking spaces. I noticed a lot of flight crew members from DFW were also staying at this hotel. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Queensland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had a short layover at DFW and booked this property through their website. It looked ok on arrival, it's surrounded by many other airport hotels and motels but upon entering I quickly realised this is a very high turn over motel, kind of get them in and get them out quickly type place.

Check in not at all friendly with the one lady behind the desk extremely busy taking calls while trying to check us in with many others trying to check in at the same time. No politeness, just a process and no small talk.

Room booked was on a non smoking floor but upon entering the hallway we could smell cigarette smoke. Room was however smoke free.

Room was disappointing. Very small and very basic with no frills. Advertised queen bed was actually just a double, no space to store luggage, very limited hanging space which was hidden and easily missed. Bedding was not good quality, sheet almost see through it was that thin and the two pillows very flat. Bathroom is adequate, very clean with extremely good shower pressure but as mentioned the water doesn't drain fast so you are standing in a tub full of water. Towels are small. Room and bathroom however were spotlessly clean.
I went to reception to request extra pillows, waited 10 minutes while the only staff member checked in others to be told there are no extra pillows.
Vending machines on all floors were out of order.
Although this property is surrounded by many others there are no dining options nearby. The only choice you have is outsourced room service or tempting fate and crossing the very busy highway and walking 15 minutes to Denny's opposite the Westin Hotel. There is nothing else in walking distance.
The week before we stayed in the southern area at Super 8 which was the same price but older property but in a much better location. At least there were several dining options available there.
Motel 6 does have a pool but I would not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Just stayed here last night and woke up with bed bug bites. I frequently stay in motels in this area for just one night and while a cheap room often comes with a few less perks, bed bugs should never be tolerated. They can infest your suitcase and then your home. I won't be staying here ever again. Please do yourself a favor and avoid this place.

Stayed July 2014

Been to Motel 6 Dallas - DFW Airport North? Share your experiences!