“Just OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Dallas - DFW Airport North

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Dallas - DFW Airport North to your Saves list
Motel 6 Dallas - DFW Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7800 Heathrow Drive, S.R. 114 at Esters Boulevard, Irving, TX 75063   |
Ranked #49 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Arlington, Texas, United States
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Due to the reviews, we chose this hotel for an overnight stay when leaving for an early flight the next morning. The staff was not friendly, the room was just ok. Bed was not comfortable and I had to go to the front desk to ask for shampoo and conditioner because there was NONE in the bathroom. I know it is no frills, but NO SHAMPOO? We were staying one night, so it did not apply to us, but, there was a brochure on the bed stating that sheets would be changed every 3 days because they are "going green"......hmmm....The location is close to the airport and does provide an airport shuttle. It is not convenient if you do not bring your car for restaurants. We had to walk quite a distance to get food, so , that was an adventure....If you need a place to crash for a few hours for an early morning flight, it may work for you, but we will not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My family and I stayed here the night before a 6am flight out of DFW. The room was smallish, pretty clean and the modern furnishings kinda neat. My husband and I both thought that for the price, it was completely acceptable. If you have really high standards, book a different hotel. We were totally fine and felt like we got what we paid for. I think I should add that you can hear people in the room next to you, and the sounds of the airport pretty regularly.

Room Tip: Park at the BACK when you are doing the park and fly and get a spot as soon as you get there.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ardmore, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Check-in was easy and quick. The hotel has limited service but good value. Guests can use the microwave in the lobby. Hair dryers are available from the front desk. Guests can leave cars in the back lot for 4 days for free and after that for $4 per day. The decor is European contemporary minimal design with laminate floors (easy to keep clean). The bathrooms have a corner tub/shower combo. Many pilots and flight attendants stay here. You must sign up for the shuttle to the airport so be sure to do so at check-in. M6 shares the shuttle with other hotels so call IMMEDIATELY upon exiting your flight to avoid a l-o-n-g wait. And look for vans with M6 and/or Comfort Inn, Red Roof Inn, HI Exp etc. on the side as the shuttle may or may not have Motel 6 on the side.

Room Tip: Walls are thin so if you are a light sleeper ask for a room at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
sarasota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

stylish, awkward location but a real good deal. elevator not great. lobby is small. take this one over the nearby suite 6 if you can. it has a refridgerator and a microwave but this one is better. front desk clerk not sure of herself.

Room Tip: get a room near the elevator
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My expectations were completely exceeded. Nick at the front desk was amazingly helpful! I approached the desk thinking he might point me in the direction of where I might find help with my car, but he went above and beyond and helped me himself and was so friendly too. I will definitely come back here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Odessa, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The rooms are modern, but the walls are really thin and couldn't get any sleep. The rooms were clean though. Also, the hallway had a smokey scent to it. i would stay there again if I have to because of the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Malakoff, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We checked in taking 2 rooms. My son and family in one and my husband and myself in another. I asked at front desk for an additional blanket for my grandson. I was told that front desk and the manager had no access to additional linens after housekeeping leaves for the day. I relayed message to my son. He goes to hotel manager and asks what kind of hotel doesn't have access to at least a few linens. The manager went into a rage.Eventually, my husband had to call the Irving Police. The manager continued his raving even after police arrived. The hotel asked us to leave. The police said only way we had to leave was if hotel refunded the room rate for both rooms. The hotel finally agreed to this. Police said they had been to hotel before and recommended a few other choices in the area. Rooms were tiny but looked clean.I agree with another reviewer the room does sound hollow and I suppose due to the solid tile floors.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Dallas - DFW Airport North? Share your experiences!