“Terrific Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Dallas - DFW Airport North

You added Motel 6 Dallas - DFW Airport North to your Saves list
Motel 6 Dallas - DFW Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7800 Heathrow Drive, S.R. 114 at Esters Boulevard, Irving, TX 75063   |
Ranked #53 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Norman, Oklahoma
“Terrific Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My expectations were completely exceeded. Nick at the front desk was amazingly helpful! I approached the desk thinking he might point me in the direction of where I might find help with my car, but he went above and beyond and helped me himself and was so friendly too. I will definitely come back here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Odessa, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The rooms are modern, but the walls are really thin and couldn't get any sleep. The rooms were clean though. Also, the hallway had a smokey scent to it. i would stay there again if I have to because of the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Malakoff, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We checked in taking 2 rooms. My son and family in one and my husband and myself in another. I asked at front desk for an additional blanket for my grandson. I was told that front desk and the manager had no access to additional linens after housekeeping leaves for the day. I relayed message to my son. He goes to hotel manager and asks what kind of hotel doesn't have access to at least a few linens. The manager went into a rage.Eventually, my husband had to call the Irving Police. The manager continued his raving even after police arrived. The hotel asked us to leave. The police said only way we had to leave was if hotel refunded the room rate for both rooms. The hotel finally agreed to this. Police said they had been to hotel before and recommended a few other choices in the area. Rooms were tiny but looked clean.I agree with another reviewer the room does sound hollow and I suppose due to the solid tile floors.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed at this motel 6 on june 18th. Check-in was quick and easy no problem ,we signed up for our airport shuttle and even booked for another night on our return trip. The hotel room was nice though it did have the slight smell that someone had been smoking in it but we opened up a window and the smell went away quickly. Once again the hotel room was clean the bathroom was clean. Overall a good hotel.

Some of the things I didnt like though was the non soundproof rooms! I could litteraly hear everything the person was doing above me! When I asked the front desk clerk she had told me that a mother and her two kids were staying above me. Great! Well after about 8 the kids settled down and the noise quit.

Also not enough pillows, but I could have easily asked for more so not much of a problem there.

The hotel does not have a breakfeast (though they do have coffee) but they do have vending machines that sell danishes etc they also have another that selles ravioli and other items that you could microwave. ( Which by the way the microwave is next to the vending machines). This hotel does not have an ATM machine but there is one at the sleep inn about 50 yards away.

Overall better than what I expected from a motel 6. Def reccomend this to people who want a nice hotel for a great price!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My friend and I recently stayed at Motel 6 before an early morning flight. The hotel seemed a little cold and the attendant was really informal with us. The room itself was updated, but the A/C was not working properly, so there was a lot of noise all night on top of the hollowness of the room which reverberated every sound. It also sounded like someone was pounding on the desk throughout the night, needless to say I got very little sleep.

This area of DFW is not the safest and there is construction everywhere. The street that normally takes you straight to remote parking is closed, so be prepared to take the highway around to get to the airport.

Maybe the location of the room was just not good, but I would definitely skip this place if you're planning on staying more than one night.

Room Tip: Stay on one of the higher floors if you don't want to hear the noise from the front desk.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Clean, functional room which I used for a one night layover. The hotel is close to DFW, though my GPS had a little trouble finding it due to road construction at the airport. It's in a cluster of budget-priced hotels. Completely adequate.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The recently updated rooms were a pleasant surprise. It's a no-frills hotel, and you know what you're getting when you book it! If you don't, then that's probably your fault...not the hotel's.

The room was clean and modern. The hot water took quite a while to warm up, but it was fine once it did!
The front desk clerk was very friendly, which was a welcome change from some grumpy front desk personnel we've encountered at different hotels late in the evening.

The main lobby could use a little sprucing up, but, for the price, we had no complaints!

The airport shuttle was on time in the morning and friendly. They offer the first 4 nights of parking for FREE here. Excellent value for the money!!!

All in all, it was exactly what we needed before flying out the next morning!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple