“Great choice for a layover” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Dallas - DFW Airport North

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Dallas - DFW Airport North to your Saves list
Motel 6 Dallas - DFW Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7800 Heathrow Drive, S.R. 114 at Esters Boulevard, Irving, TX 75063   |
Ranked #56 of 76 hotels in Irving
Hermosa, South Dakota
“Great choice for a layover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had a 1-night layover on our flight itinerary. We needed an inexpensive room with a clean bed and shower. Our room at this Motel 6 exceeded our needs. I was pleasantly surprised to have such a clean, comfortable, and efficent room. I have traveled to Europe and our room reminded me of a European hostel... that's a good thing.

We quickly found the shuttle at the DFW Airport and it was a quick and pleasant ride to the motel.

I would have rated our experience a "5," but the lobby was a bit shabby and the clerk was not overly friendly.

Overall, I would recommend this Motel 6 to anyone who is looking for inexpensive, clean, and comfortable lodging.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Silver Creek, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Had tried to stay at the Super 8 that I normally stay at but they were full. Went next door to Motel 6. I am glad that Super 8 was full! Very clean, very nice staff and pet friendly at no charge. And cheaper!! I have a new favorite place to stay at DFW Airport. Not sure if they have breakfast but they did have coffee and it was good. Rooms are kinda retro but really clean.

• Stayed January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Room looked tidy and didn't have any unpleasant odors. However there was hair on the toilet seat and it looked like it had never been replaced since they built the hotel. There was also hair on the pillows.
When I went to take a shower in the morning before jetting off to the airport the shower lever was very loose and did not work when turned. If you overturned it (to the point of where you were exposing underlying piping between the lever and the wall) then the water came on, but it just sputtered out with little water pressure.
I chose this hotel because it was cheap and had good reviews. Although I liked the price, I disagree with the reviews.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hugo, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stay here when I travel to my daughter's. I always feel safe and the room is nice. Free parking and airport shuttle is a big factor in my decision to stay at this motel.. I have stayed here several times and always have had a good experience. The staff is friendly and courteous. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Plainview, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have stayed here many times in over the years & have always had a good experience. The remodel is nice too.The beds are good , clean & convenient for DFW.
I would recommend this motel to friends & family.
The road construction - to the west- is bad, so we did not return to stay at this location this fall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Use this motel for a over night meeting. The room and bath were great however the staff were friendly but average along with the rest of the motel needed cleaning, repaired and updating. But for the dollar spent and I only used it to sleep it was a great deal and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Always ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Santa Fe, NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed here while catching a flight out of DFW. Opted for this hotel due to the reasonable rate and free shuttle to airport and free parking for my car. First thing I noticed upon arrival was that one of the large overhead lights in the parking lot was not working, leaving a good portion of the front parking lot quite dark. Given that I was to leave my car and belongings here for several days, this did not make me feel very confident. Upon mentioning the broken light to the desk staff at check in I received a very apathetic response. General attitude of night clerk was efficient and informative but far from friendly or invested. When I asked for a room on an upper floor I was informed that the entire 3rd floor of the hotel was reserved for American Airlines staff. Oh well. Initially entering the room, there was a noticeable odor resembling urine. This did improve after running the AC for a couple hours. Room was a modern minimalist design with pleasing decor. It was mostly clean, with the exception of small hairs on the bathroom vanity. I would have slept comfortably except that this- being an airport hotel, with people coming and going 24 hours - unfortunately is NOT well insulated between rooms or from rooms to hallways!!!! All night I was awoken by traffic in the hallway and noise from adjoining rooms. Do not stay here if you are a light sleeper, or bring earplugs. Shuttle arrived promptly at 5AM. Be advised this is not a motel run shuttle, but a private shuttle service serving numerous hotels in the area, so you have to allow extra time to go to all neighboring hotels enroute to the airport. I did worry a bit about my car in the parking lot, as the motel lot was lit more by the lights from neighboring parking lots than its own. On my late night return, the staff was equally passive and shuttle service was much less efficient. I waited almost an hour for it to arrive and when it did, it was full ( btw, you have to catch the shuttle on the UPPER level of the terminal, not outside baggage claim). Car was as I had left it, lights in parking area still out. A good deal, but I likely wouldn't park & fly there again due to poor lighting and noise. It was a nicer, more modern room, but it's still a Motel 6.

Room Tip: Higher floor avoids noise from lobby
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Dallas - DFW Airport North? Share your experiences!