“Good deal nice room.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Dallas - DFW Airport North

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Dallas - DFW Airport North to your Saves list
Motel 6 Dallas - DFW Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7800 Heathrow Drive, S.R. 114 at Esters Boulevard, Irving, TX 75063   |
Ranked #50 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Hugo, Oklahoma
“Good deal nice room.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stay here when I travel to my daughter's. I always feel safe and the room is nice. Free parking and airport shuttle is a big factor in my decision to stay at this motel.. I have stayed here several times and always have had a good experience. The staff is friendly and courteous. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Plainview, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have stayed here many times in over the years & have always had a good experience. The remodel is nice too.The beds are good , clean & convenient for DFW.
I would recommend this motel to friends & family.
The road construction - to the west- is bad, so we did not return to stay at this location this fall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Use this motel for a over night meeting. The room and bath were great however the staff were friendly but average along with the rest of the motel needed cleaning, repaired and updating. But for the dollar spent and I only used it to sleep it was a great deal and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Always ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Santa Fe, NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed here while catching a flight out of DFW. Opted for this hotel due to the reasonable rate and free shuttle to airport and free parking for my car. First thing I noticed upon arrival was that one of the large overhead lights in the parking lot was not working, leaving a good portion of the front parking lot quite dark. Given that I was to leave my car and belongings here for several days, this did not make me feel very confident. Upon mentioning the broken light to the desk staff at check in I received a very apathetic response. General attitude of night clerk was efficient and informative but far from friendly or invested. When I asked for a room on an upper floor I was informed that the entire 3rd floor of the hotel was reserved for American Airlines staff. Oh well. Initially entering the room, there was a noticeable odor resembling urine. This did improve after running the AC for a couple hours. Room was a modern minimalist design with pleasing decor. It was mostly clean, with the exception of small hairs on the bathroom vanity. I would have slept comfortably except that this- being an airport hotel, with people coming and going 24 hours - unfortunately is NOT well insulated between rooms or from rooms to hallways!!!! All night I was awoken by traffic in the hallway and noise from adjoining rooms. Do not stay here if you are a light sleeper, or bring earplugs. Shuttle arrived promptly at 5AM. Be advised this is not a motel run shuttle, but a private shuttle service serving numerous hotels in the area, so you have to allow extra time to go to all neighboring hotels enroute to the airport. I did worry a bit about my car in the parking lot, as the motel lot was lit more by the lights from neighboring parking lots than its own. On my late night return, the staff was equally passive and shuttle service was much less efficient. I waited almost an hour for it to arrive and when it did, it was full ( btw, you have to catch the shuttle on the UPPER level of the terminal, not outside baggage claim). Car was as I had left it, lights in parking area still out. A good deal, but I likely wouldn't park & fly there again due to poor lighting and noise. It was a nicer, more modern room, but it's still a Motel 6.

Room Tip: Higher floor avoids noise from lobby
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This place is clean, affordable, convenient. We like it. The best news is that they take you to and from your plane and let you leave your car at the motel: SUCH A DEAL! I read another review that was not too complimentary; it talked about long check-in line in lobby, but I don't think the loby is large enough to hold much of a line. People on the shuttle told us they had paid $100 at the hotel next door. I like this Motel 6, but my wife and I think it is time for them to rename themself Motel 60. I do remember saying ina Motel 6 in Tennessee in 1969 and paying $6 for the room, but times are a-changing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I was in dallas just waiting for a flight and I had to book the hotel from the airport. It was easy to book and the shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel is really really easy to take. it is a mini van that has a lot of hotel logos on the outside. The staff was really nice. The hotel does not has restaurant nor anythings, just a couple of vending machines but the offer you the local restaurant menus and you can always buy water. I was going on very long flight so I needed to rest as well as possible, the curtain were very thick and I could rest well. Basically i like it, there is luxury hotel but you do not need more.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Huntley, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

So I checked into this motel at 1am and the pimply faced kid behind the counter said there was 1 room left and it was not the smoking room I reserved. He said he had heard earlier that one of the beds in the room I was to be given had been wet. He went to check and make sure it was ok. He came back and said it was fine. He made up the bed with a sheet and 2 brown blankets. Now it was late and I was just there for the one night so I took the room. The kid also mention that if I needed anything like a foot rub, don't hesitate to ask. YUCK!!! That was highly inappropriate. Anyways, I got to the room and was immediately hit but the smell of mildew coming from the a/c unit. It was hard to sleep but I threw the covers over my head and that kinda helped. The only good thing I will say about this place is the bed was comfy and the flooring was nice. Next time I am in town I will spend $10 more and stay at Red Roof.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Dallas - DFW Airport North? Share your experiences!