“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I agree with other recent reviews that the construction around this area and the lack of restaurants surrounding this place (Whattaburger anyone?) can be a bit of a constraint. However the construction is temporary and this place is excellent value, its very clean, new updated rooms, and comfortable beds, big new TVs, all for like 40-50$ per night. I came to Dallas for business so I was not looking for a romantic getaway or an entertaining place to stay. If there wasn't construction I may have gotten out an explored the area more, but I really couldn't be bothered to get in and out of a traffic jam every time. My only complaint about the hotel was the lack of hot water in the shower. The water got warm, but I like HOT showers. It probably wouldn't have been so noticeable but Dallas was having a cold snap, like 44 degrees, so I wanted to warm up!

Overall, a great value, the room was big, new, and clean and the bed was nice the room was quiet and the location was so-so. I really couldn't complain for my husband and I to stay for 4 days it was like 200 dollars...so really it exceeded my expectations for that price range.

Room Tip: I think we had room 306, high vaulted ceiling, a couch/studio type setup.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Howdy HoosierKiwi, thank you for taking time out of your important day to leave us a review on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the construction going on seemingly everywhere in the DFW area, I understand the frustration as I live in the area. The hot water issue is not normal, nonetheless I have had the water heaters checked. I appreciate that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you allow us to host you again very soon. Thank you for your patronage and be safe!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Mansfield, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

FIRST: this hotel is awkward to get to, with all the road construction going on. Watch for entrance carefully off of access road--if you miss it, it will take you at least 10 minutes to get back to it, getting on and off freeway in the process.

Employees were very professional and courteous (even though somehow, my reservation through Hotels.com had been misfiled for an arrival the NEXT month). Breakfast was adequate. Rooms are generally nice, but my 3rd-floor room had an old-style unit a/c and heating systems next to the windows that didn't ever quite cool the room effectively during this very mild May--wonder how that will work in July and August here in Texas? Toilet seat was loose, and almost overflowed. As they user the curved shower curtain rods, the shower was warm and felt larger than its actual size. Small coffee pot worked, but the complimentary coffee provided was less than tasty. There was a safe deposit box charge on my bill since there was one in my room, but the front desk removed that at my request. Bed was comfortable and I slept well, but I'd suggest bringing your own pillow for comfort.

Biggest money-saving hint: book directly on their website, rather than through Hotels.com, who adds an undisclosed service fee to the total that you can avoid. The one-night special rate was better than the AAA discount (unusual), so make sure you look at both.

Room Tip: Currently, you can only enter this hotel through the front door--seems to be a problem with card acc...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Hello AustinBibi, thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a review on TripAdvisor. The construction in the DFW is ongoing and I am sorry that you and all guests have to deal with that. As for the AC unit and seat I have had maintenance check all rooms, as your experience is not what we want for our guests. We strive to make our hotel a better stay for guests everyday so thank you for your critique. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any questions or concerns and we hope you choose Super 8 DFW north next time you are in town!
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Room was updated and very unexpected for the price. At the front desk we were not expecting much out of the room but when we got the the room it was really nice and clean, bed was comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good lots of options.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Hello Debra B, thank you for taking time out of your important day to leave us some kind words on TripAdvisor. I am excited to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you choose us again. We are always trying to keep our hotel up to date and it is gratifying to hear its working. Thank you again and please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any questions or concerns.
Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The employees were very helpful and accommodating. Close to the airport without the airport cost. The room was clean, comfortable king bed, internet in room, and flat screen tv. Within the last couple months I have stood at the Hilton,Sheraton and Super 8 BEAT THEM BOTH. Expensive does not stand for better. Free breakfast and wifi alone makes a difference compare to competition that both had to be paid for... Hands down Great Job.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello Misael T, thank you for your fantastic comments about us on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear your were happy with your stay and we hope to host you again very soon. Thank you for your patronage and please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any questions or concerns.
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Dallas for the nascar race on Saturday. We arrived at the hotel saturday afternoon. We were greeted by a lovely young lady from australia who was quick to check us in. Our room was very nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable. This was our first stay here and I must say I am very impressed. I usually try to stay at a Super 8 location when traveling as I am never disappointed in the quality of the stay and this time exceeded my expectations. The rooms were quiet - which surprised me seeing as how everyone was in town for the race and can be quite a rowdy bunch :-) And the breakfast the next day was amazing...waffles, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, bacon and sausage as well as a variety of cold cereals, fruit and yogurts...The location is central to everything and they have a free shuttle to the airport (which we did not use)...We will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hello Idb25, thank you for your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We believe cleanliness and comfort are key to a great stay, and it excites me that we met your needs. Please do not hesitate to call us directly for any questions or concerns and we can't wait to host you again soon. Thanks again!
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times for business trips. It is very convenient and priced nice. King-size beds are superb and feel great. Internet is very fast. TVs are huge. A very nice relaxing place to stay that is close to the airport AND affordable. I will stay here again for sure. Breakfast is above average as well. Great coffee.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello DAK885, thank you for taking time out of your important day and sharing your thoughts. Our internet is setup with the most recent technologies and I am excited to hear its working great. Thank you for your continued patronage and I hope you come back and visit very soon!
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and two kids (9 and 6) for one night on the way into Texas and one night two weeks later on the way back out. I'm inclined to agree with the last couple of reviews: it's conveniently located; they have a free shuttle to and from the airport (do take the hotel's phone number with you and they'll pick you up from the terminal); the staff were friendly and helpful; room was immaculately clean and kitted out with a fridge and a big TV; breakfast was generous and the coffee good. Two drawbacks were that 1) it's a bit noisy, due of course to the nearby freeway and airport and 2) dinner is likely to involve a pizza or something similar being delivered to your room as the area is, as you'd expect, not exactly restaurant heaven. If you're after a good value place to stay for a night when using DFW airport, I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Good Day Jerry_Nineacres, thank you for your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor. I will pass on your comments to my team. We strive to keep our hotel in the best shape possible and having a guest feel at home is our goal. Thank you for choosing Super 8 DFW NORTH and I hope you allow us to host you again very soon!

Been to Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North? Share your experiences!