“Nice, pleasant hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice, pleasant hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times for business trips. It is very convenient and priced nice. King-size beds are superb and feel great. Internet is very fast. TVs are huge. A very nice relaxing place to stay that is close to the airport AND affordable. I will stay here again for sure. Breakfast is above average as well. Great coffee.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hello DAK885, thank you for taking time out of your important day and sharing your thoughts. Our internet is setup with the most recent technologies and I am excited to hear its working great. Thank you for your continued patronage and I hope you come back and visit very soon!

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and two kids (9 and 6) for one night on the way into Texas and one night two weeks later on the way back out. I'm inclined to agree with the last couple of reviews: it's conveniently located; they have a free shuttle to and from the airport (do take the hotel's phone number with you and they'll pick you up from the terminal); the staff were friendly and helpful; room was immaculately clean and kitted out with a fridge and a big TV; breakfast was generous and the coffee good. Two drawbacks were that 1) it's a bit noisy, due of course to the nearby freeway and airport and 2) dinner is likely to involve a pizza or something similar being delivered to your room as the area is, as you'd expect, not exactly restaurant heaven. If you're after a good value place to stay for a night when using DFW airport, I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Good Day Jerry_Nineacres, thank you for your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor. I will pass on your comments to my team. We strive to keep our hotel in the best shape possible and having a guest feel at home is our goal. Thank you for choosing Super 8 DFW NORTH and I hope you allow us to host you again very soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Rather than staying at the Gaylord during a recent convention, I stayed here. Great move! Even with construction the drive was less than 15 minutes to the Gaylord and I stayed 3 nights for less than the cost of 1 at the Gaylord.

Room was way more spacious than expected. Fridge and microwave nice. And breakfast, though basic, met my needs - eggs, bacon and 24-hour coffee.

Took a while to get the hang of the 1-way roads - bring your GPS!

Room Tip: I was in rm 205 - not bothered by freeway at all (which is rare for me!).
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Pammygib
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hi Pammygib, I hope you're having a wonderful day. Thank you for taking time out of your important day to leave us some kind words on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear your enjoyed your stay at Super 8 DFW North, and even happier that you were able to get a good nights sleep. Thank you for your patronage and I hope you allow us to host you again very soon. Thank you again!
Joel, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I came to Dallas for an extended weekend and am thoroughly pleased that I chose this Super 8 location. Not many frills, but it had everything I needed. Hot breakfasts in the mornings, hot water in the shower and a nice bed to sleep in. The ease of the location, just off John Carpenter Fwy made it perfect for me. Would definitely stay there again if I'm in the area.

Room Tip: The ceilings are vaulted on the third floor. Makes the room feel much bigger.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sm643gdp
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Hello WI Joel, thank you for taking time out of your important day and leaving us a great review on TripAdvisor. We strive to keep our hotel in the best condition and keep it as clean as possible. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and would consider allowing us to host you again. Thank you again and please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any questions or concerns.
Mamaroneck, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Even after reading the reviews I was still slightly skeptical. Only stayed for one night as I needed a hotel close to DFW Airport. This hotel was great. And not just the price. The staff was friendly and nice. The hotel was well kept and clean. The room was a great size. It was the King suite so plenty room for one person. The room was clean and furniture was nice. Bathroom was in good condition and spacious. Breakfast was good as well. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a couch, chose a Suite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank kbj379
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hello Kbj379, thank you for leaving us awesome feedback on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our accommodations and breakfast. Great experiences like yours are the reason we strive to keep our hotel in the best condition. Thank you for your patronage and I hope to host you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Great rate ! Super clean. Decor tasteful. bed super comfy. all amenities ...coffee -refrigerator-hair dryer-iron and ironing board all in room . Mike at the front desk very kind-helpful-considerate. I recommend this place .

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Planecookie
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Hello Planecookie, I appreciate you taking time out of your important day and leaving us some kind words on TripAdvisor. I am excited to hear you absolutely enjoyed your stay at our Super 8. I will pass on your comments to Mike and the whole team. Thanks again!