“Surprise, surprise!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
pa
“Surprise, surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was a bit reluctant to book this room through priceline but the rave reviews piqued my interest enough to "try it for a night" before a flight out of DFW. I was pretty happy with the room and the service.

This is a basic place to stay, no real frills but it's clean, bright and cheery. There's a continental breakfast- again basics- and a small business center, but they all met the needs. Our room had a refrigerator and microwave. There aren't many places visible from the hotel for eating, however there are many places that do deliver. There's also a shuttle to the airport. Staff was very helpful, friendly and efficient.

A hint- this is the north of the airport, car rentals are at the south end of the airport, however it was very easy to find. We were at the car rental within 10 minutes in the morning before our flight.

I probably would choose another location for an extended stay, however this would be ok for longer than the night if you planned ahead meal-wise. No complaints!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is less noisy
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Good Day Enternamehere! Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to leave us a review on TripAdvisor. I am glad you gave us a chance and that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your comments on to our whole team. Thank you for your patronage and we hope to host you again soon.

289 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bend, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Booked online, booked room with 2 beds for me and buddy, arrived, the Assistant manager checked us in, to a room with 1 King. Because "we dont have any rooms with two beds." When we protested and after waiting 20 minutes he said we actually have one that's "been smoked in" but it's $20 more. We finally agreed to just take the smoked in double after not being charged because we had to return our rental car. The room truly wasn't that bad, as far as smoke smell, we turned on AC and it was ok. Returning our rental car and getting a shuttle back to hotel was a nightmare on it's own. The shuttle picks up for like 7 hotels in the area and what should've been a 15 min ride turned into a 2 hour ordeal. We waited at DFW for 1.5 hours with cold dinner in hand waiting, only to then discover we would go to every other arrival area and pickup guests for the additional hotels. Needless to say we were slightly aggravated.
On the plus, the room was nicely appointed, nice beds newer beds, fixtures. Big flat screen TV. The bathtub was dirty and the hot water took about 10 minutes to get started but overall not the worst place. Especially for the money. That being said, I don't think I'd stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Good day Lavabear60, Thank You for leaving us a review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry you had a bad experience with our front desk agent. Normally we assume a guest will not want a room that has been smoked in, their intention was not to persuade you otherwise. I have since spoken to all agents on how to properly handle this type of event. The shuttle company that provides service to most of the hotels in the area is provided by a third party and I have sent them a letter regarding your grievances. Please do not hesitate to call us directly for any questions or concerns. We hope you allow us to host you again very soon. Thank you!
Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We just had a three nights stay at this hotel, and we found this to be one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at. It was clean, the breakfast was great, it is close to the DFW with a shuttle, and inexpensive. Not only all that, but the staff were both friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello Rose F, thank you so much for leaving glowing comments about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your comments to our team, they will be excited to hear it. Thank you for your patronage and we hope to host you again soon!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

super8n of dfw/ ia have been there for three night s from 3-6. on february. i enjoyed the breakfast. the quite and clean hotel and people were nice. and professinal inculidng the cleaning the house keeping ladies
thanks

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hello Haroun A! Thank you for leaving us a review today. Your kind words will be shared with the team. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

We had to catch a VERY early flight out of DFW. All we needed was a clean, inexpensive place to spend the night. This Super 8 met those requirments.

We chose this motel over other options because they offered a shuttle that could get us to DFW at 3:45 AM.

Too bad we had to leave so early. It would have been nice to have tried the breakfast!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Hello Vesler, thanks for leaving us some comments on TripAdvisor. I am glad our hotel was able to meet your needs for the flight lay over. I hope next time you are in the area you allow us to host you. I would like to inform you that our breakfast is always being changed and we offer healthy options to go with all the goodness of a breakfast!
WEST PYMBLE NA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I've stayed at quite a few Super 8's over the years and must say this is certainly one of the better ones. It's an airport hotel so naturally is very close to the massive Dallas airport, the only knock I have is it's really far awat from downtown dallas and there is nothing around the hotel if you were stuck. I extended my hire car so I wouldn't be trapped for 8 hours whilst waiting for my flight, but if I'm fair I can't hold this against the hotel.....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Hello Craig M, thank you for taking time out of your dar and leaving us some feedback. I am happy to hear our Super 8 is one of the better ones you have stayed at. We all wish to see you back soon and please do not hesitate to call us directly for any questions or concerns. Thanks again!

Been to Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North? Share your experiences!