“Good value, clean” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Good value, clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I neded a one night accommodation, near DFW, with a shuttle, and inexpensive. This was the one. I did call to make a reservation, and the night employee said they were full. I went on line, got an excellent price, and made the reservation. The breakfast was excellent, the guest room was very comfortable. I definitely would stay here again! The shuttle to the airport was prompt and relialable.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor, very pleased.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Hello Jill D, thank you for taking time out your important day and leaving us feedback on TripAdvisor. I am excited to hear you enjoyed our accommodations and breakfast. Thank you for your patronage and we wish to see you again very soon!

295 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Vine Grove, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Should have known Super 8, it's what you pay for....booked on-line for $67 since stay would only be for about 7 hours. Overnight hotel, near airport, waiting for connecting am flight. Upon arrival at airport, called number listed on our reservations (several times). It took an hour and 15 minutes for shuttle to pick us up, kept saying "it's on it's way". Beds were nice, but thin walls. Heard people upstairs, walking around, till about 3am. Restuarant delivery available(mostly pizza) but there was not anything within walking distant to get anything to eat at 10pm. Many, many hotels to chose from in same area. post note: Shuttle was available in am, but runs to between several hotels. Had one other stop to make before heading to airport. Glad we left earlier than planned to account for the "what if's". Not like I like to travel.

Room Tip: Book third floor(top), because of the noise from floor above. Think I would go ahead and pay a litt...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Hello Molly10_10, thank you for taking time out of your day and leaving us a review on TripAdvisor. I am truly sorry for the wait time on the shuttle service, it is a third party company that provides service to most of the hotels in the area. I see that you gave us 4 stars on sleep quality so I am glad you had a nice rest. Thanks again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

This was a great place to stay at a great price. I will stay here again for sure. The bed was very comfortable and my room was quiet. The breakfast was nice and the shuttle service was on time for the airport. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Arpan P, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hello Melodyjoy66, thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to leave us some feed back. I am very happy you enjoyed out accommodations and we wish to host you again soon. Thanks for choosing Super 8 DFW North!
Whittier, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We went for a mini vacation. I choose this hotel based on other reviews. I was very impressed with the service at the hotel, shuttle from Airport and back. I have to agree with many others the bed was magnificent it was so comfortable that I didn't want to come home and sleep on my bed. Can beat the price in was well worth each penny that I spent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Hello Martha M! Thank you for leaving us some feedback on TripAdvisor, and yes, Go Cowboys! I love that you enjoyed our beds and accommodations. We strive to have the best bedding so that our guests can have the best possible rest. Thank you again and please do not hesitate to contact us directly when you are in town again.
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I recently stayed at the Super 8 in DFW North and had a great time. I cannot complain about anything. The service was great, the room was clean and I felt like I was at a top of the line hotel. My room came equip with a microwave, refrigerator,and flat screen television. Even though I was on a tour, during my nights and early mornings at the hotel, I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and pleasant attitude of the employees.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor. No noise and great view .
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Hello Brigitte J, thank you for leaving us some feedback on TripAdvisor. I am so happy you enjoyed our hotel. We strive to keep the rooms clean and as up to date as possible. We recently upgraded to top of the line internet service and hardware. Please do not hesitate to call us directly on your next visit. We are excited for the chance to host you again!
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

"free shuttle" is $5.00 parking. Surrounding hotels allow you to stay and park free. Then had to go back to desk for batteries in TV remote. Later had to go back to desk for a hair dryer. Rooms appear clean but tiny- just pretend your in Europe. Bathroom - to say basic would be an overstatement. Having read other reviews, I can hardly wait for the shuttle service. Just hope car is still her. But remember, it is a very cheap room!

Stayed October 2012
Hello Johnd2, thank you for leaving us a review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Furthermore, I had housekeeping go through and check all remotes for weak batteries. As for the parking, we charge $5 a day for parking if you leave your car in our lot while you fly out, similar to any other airport parking lot. Thank you for choosing us and please do not hesitate to call us for any questions.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

i travel alot for work & was forced to crash in Dallas for 7 hrs until my next flt. Didnt want to spend alot & was secretly dreading-what i would find. The Lobby is practically non-existant & going into the elevator though the hallway carpets looked new- i was afraid what the rooms looked like- To my shock-they were large with a small sitting area-flat screen T.V's- clean . The bathrooms were nice also. A local restaurant was available to deliver dinner & at 4 am -took the free shuttle back to the airport- I've heard that their free breakfast is excellent also but i left at 4 & breakfast starts at 6 am.- Would totally refer people there- how need a place to crash near DFW & don't want to pay over $100. Thanks again Sal Blech

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Hello Sal B, thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us some pleasant words. I am glad you were surprised by our rooms. The carpet are indeed new as well as the whole hotel as we went through a complete renovation not to long ago. Thank you for staying with us Mr. Blech, we hope the next time you're away from home you allow us to be your host!

Been to Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North? Share your experiences!