“Martha & Ray - Go Cowboys” 5 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #27 of 76 hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersSilver level
Whittier, California
“Martha & Ray - Go Cowboys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We went for a mini vacation. I choose this hotel based on other reviews. I was very impressed with the service at the hotel, shuttle from Airport and back. I have to agree with many others the bed was magnificent it was so comfortable that I didn't want to come home and sleep on my bed. Can beat the price in was well worth each penny that I spent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Hello Martha M! Thank you for leaving us some feedback on TripAdvisor, and yes, Go Cowboys! I love that you enjoyed our beds and accommodations. We strive to have the best bedding so that our guests can have the best possible rest. Thank you again and please do not hesitate to contact us directly when you are in town again.

294 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I recently stayed at the Super 8 in DFW North and had a great time. I cannot complain about anything. The service was great, the room was clean and I felt like I was at a top of the line hotel. My room came equip with a microwave, refrigerator,and flat screen television. Even though I was on a tour, during my nights and early mornings at the hotel, I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and pleasant attitude of the employees.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor. No noise and great view .
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Hello Brigitte J, thank you for leaving us some feedback on TripAdvisor. I am so happy you enjoyed our hotel. We strive to keep the rooms clean and as up to date as possible. We recently upgraded to top of the line internet service and hardware. Please do not hesitate to call us directly on your next visit. We are excited for the chance to host you again!
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

"free shuttle" is $5.00 parking. Surrounding hotels allow you to stay and park free. Then had to go back to desk for batteries in TV remote. Later had to go back to desk for a hair dryer. Rooms appear clean but tiny- just pretend your in Europe. Bathroom - to say basic would be an overstatement. Having read other reviews, I can hardly wait for the shuttle service. Just hope car is still her. But remember, it is a very cheap room!

Stayed October 2012
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Hello Johnd2, thank you for leaving us a review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Furthermore, I had housekeeping go through and check all remotes for weak batteries. As for the parking, we charge $5 a day for parking if you leave your car in our lot while you fly out, similar to any other airport parking lot. Thank you for choosing us and please do not hesitate to call us for any questions.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

i travel alot for work & was forced to crash in Dallas for 7 hrs until my next flt. Didnt want to spend alot & was secretly dreading-what i would find. The Lobby is practically non-existant & going into the elevator though the hallway carpets looked new- i was afraid what the rooms looked like- To my shock-they were large with a small sitting area-flat screen T.V's- clean . The bathrooms were nice also. A local restaurant was available to deliver dinner & at 4 am -took the free shuttle back to the airport- I've heard that their free breakfast is excellent also but i left at 4 & breakfast starts at 6 am.- Would totally refer people there- how need a place to crash near DFW & don't want to pay over $100. Thanks again Sal Blech

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Hello Sal B, thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us some pleasant words. I am glad you were surprised by our rooms. The carpet are indeed new as well as the whole hotel as we went through a complete renovation not to long ago. Thank you for staying with us Mr. Blech, we hope the next time you're away from home you allow us to be your host!
Macon, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The room was AMAZING!! I am a Flight Attendant, so I literally live in hotel rooms, the week prior, I was in Atlantic City in a hotel room at BALLY'S...this hotel at the SUPER 8 was 10 times BETTER, & I AM NOT KIDDING!!!!! Clean room, Friendly Staff, don't know about the breakfast as I slept in but it was really nice. My ONLY complaint (and the ONLY reason I am not giving them a 5 star rating) was the shuttle service....IT SUCKED! I was told, when I called from the airport, that the van would be there to get me in 20 minutes. 20 minutes later....NO VAN, then ANOTHER 20 MINUTES LATER, STILL NO VAN!!!!! I had been flying all day, I was tired and I just wanted to get to my room and go to sleep. So if the shuttle service improves here, this place will be one of the BEST HOTELS IN TEXAS to stay in!!!!!!

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on the highest floor (so you don't hear people stomping over your head)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Hello DonnaMILLERMCNUTT, thank you for taking time out of your busy day and leaving us a wonderful review. Let me begin by apologizing on behalf of the shuttle comapany, I will bring this to there attention. Please accept our apology as the shuttles are ran by a third party for several hotels in the area. I appreciate your complements and am thankful you enjoyed your stay. Please allow us to host you again soon. Thank you!
Rapallo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Our stay at the Super 8 North got off to a bad start because we had to wait for an hour for the shuttle. Each time we called we were told it was 'on the way.' The problem, we later learned, was that the shuttle is outsourced and serves several hotels on the JC Freeway. Standing around for an hour after an 11-hour flight was misery. Once we arrived we were greeted by a sleepy concierge (it was 4 p.m.); once he woke up he was helpful and pleasant. The hotel is kind of cheesy, but the room itself was larger than we expected and full of big fancy furniture. The bed was really tall, which was fun. Airport noise was not an issue, thank goodness. Basically ok for an airport stay, if you can get there without waiting forever.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hello FernDriscoll, thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us some feedback on TripAdvisor. I am truly sorry about your experience with the shuttle company. Although it cannot replace the frustration of waiting for long periods, I will be speaking to the shuttle company on this issue. As you found out it is a third party company that services many of the hotels in our area. Keeping our patrons happy is a core value and I will be sure our front desk staff gets news of your comments. Again please accept my apology and we would relish the opportunity to host you again. Thank you!
Temple, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I spent four nights here on a business trip. As a business traveler on a budget I was expecting a bed and not much else, but man was this place a surprise! I walked into a lobby that belongs in an upper tier hotel. The rooms were very well appointed with a large flat screen and extremely comfortable bed & pillows, all of which was in a very modern looking room.
The location is perfect being that it was very close to DFW international. They also had a shuttle company to pick you up and take you back to the airport.
I noticed that there are a lot of hotels in the area but when I return to DFW I will gladly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hello Cindy C, thank you for taking time and leaving us feedback on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our accommodations. Please visit again soon. Thanks!

Been to Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North? Share your experiences!