“great hotel for a great price!” 4 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #27 of 77 hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersSilver level
Macon, Georgia, United States
“great hotel for a great price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The room was AMAZING!! I am a Flight Attendant, so I literally live in hotel rooms, the week prior, I was in Atlantic City in a hotel room at BALLY'S...this hotel at the SUPER 8 was 10 times BETTER, & I AM NOT KIDDING!!!!! Clean room, Friendly Staff, don't know about the breakfast as I slept in but it was really nice. My ONLY complaint (and the ONLY reason I am not giving them a 5 star rating) was the shuttle service....IT SUCKED! I was told, when I called from the airport, that the van would be there to get me in 20 minutes. 20 minutes later....NO VAN, then ANOTHER 20 MINUTES LATER, STILL NO VAN!!!!! I had been flying all day, I was tired and I just wanted to get to my room and go to sleep. So if the shuttle service improves here, this place will be one of the BEST HOTELS IN TEXAS to stay in!!!!!!

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on the highest floor (so you don't hear people stomping over your head)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Hello DonnaMILLERMCNUTT, thank you for taking time out of your busy day and leaving us a wonderful review. Let me begin by apologizing on behalf of the shuttle comapany, I will bring this to there attention. Please accept our apology as the shuttles are ran by a third party for several hotels in the area. I appreciate your complements and am thankful you enjoyed your stay. Please allow us to host you again soon. Thank you!

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Rapallo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Our stay at the Super 8 North got off to a bad start because we had to wait for an hour for the shuttle. Each time we called we were told it was 'on the way.' The problem, we later learned, was that the shuttle is outsourced and serves several hotels on the JC Freeway. Standing around for an hour after an 11-hour flight was misery. Once we arrived we were greeted by a sleepy concierge (it was 4 p.m.); once he woke up he was helpful and pleasant. The hotel is kind of cheesy, but the room itself was larger than we expected and full of big fancy furniture. The bed was really tall, which was fun. Airport noise was not an issue, thank goodness. Basically ok for an airport stay, if you can get there without waiting forever.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hello FernDriscoll, thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us some feedback on TripAdvisor. I am truly sorry about your experience with the shuttle company. Although it cannot replace the frustration of waiting for long periods, I will be speaking to the shuttle company on this issue. As you found out it is a third party company that services many of the hotels in our area. Keeping our patrons happy is a core value and I will be sure our front desk staff gets news of your comments. Again please accept my apology and we would relish the opportunity to host you again. Thank you!
Temple, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I spent four nights here on a business trip. As a business traveler on a budget I was expecting a bed and not much else, but man was this place a surprise! I walked into a lobby that belongs in an upper tier hotel. The rooms were very well appointed with a large flat screen and extremely comfortable bed & pillows, all of which was in a very modern looking room.
The location is perfect being that it was very close to DFW international. They also had a shuttle company to pick you up and take you back to the airport.
I noticed that there are a lot of hotels in the area but when I return to DFW I will gladly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hello Cindy C, thank you for taking time and leaving us feedback on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our accommodations. Please visit again soon. Thanks!
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My 4 night stay at this Super 8 was just awesome. I was in town for a conference and could not believe what a nice room I had acquired online for such an amazing price!! Everything was just perfect. My King room was one of the nicest rooms I have ever rented ANYWHERE, including very high priced hotels. The room was very clean and was cleaned and stocked daily with fresh linens, coffee, etc. The bed and bedding were so comfortable and the added amenities such as a huge plasma screen TV, microwave, refrigerator, desk, free Wifi, locking safe for your valuables and free breakfast just made this accommodation top notch. I also felt very safe because the rooms all have indoor entrances. My friends who stayed at the conference site could not believe how much nicer my room was compared to theirs at a much higher price! The staff were also very friendly and helpful and check in and out was a breeze.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Hello Sheila B, thank you for leaving glowing remarks of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I can't tell you how thankful we are that you thoroughly enjoyed our hotel. Please visit again soon as we are upgrading HD content and will have even FASTER internet. Thank you for you patronage and we wish to see you again very soon!
Curitiba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This Super 8 is above the average. If you have a connection at DFW, this hotel can be a very good option.

PRO's
- Free parking
- Free Wifi (good speed to use skype or check your email)
- Free continental breakfast
- Helpful staff
- New furniture
- Clean bathroom
- Comfortable bed
- Few minutes drive from the airport

Con's
- N/A

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Hello Eduardo S, thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor for us. Your positive remarks will be shared across our team. Thank you for choosing Super 8 DFW North and we hope to see you again very soon!
Woods Cross, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Staff and check-in was very courteous and didn't even require a credit card for incidentals as I had already paid in full on-line. Was VERY surprised but pleased at how nice the room was. VERY comfortable bed and large big-screen TV. Friends that were with me for the same convention stayed in more expensive properties but my room was nicer than theirs. Glad that Super 8 is keeping pace with competing properties. Breakfast wasn't as elaborate as other places, but was adequate. Not much seating but never had to wait for a seat. For the price of the room I would have been happy with no breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hello Mark G, thank you for leaving pleasant comments on TripAdvisor. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you see you again soon. Thank you for your patronage and the opportunity to be your host.
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Good experience with only one tiny issue. Recently updated furniture and very comfy but tall bed.
this Super 8 is on the north side of DFW and perfect for my overnight flight wait. Rooms are clean and a breakfast with eggs, fruit and the usually breads, muffins and bagels. The issue mentioned before was the seating area was fairly small, elected to eat breakfast in my room.

I have stayed here before and the updates will probably get me to come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Hello Chainboss, thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the seating area of the breakfast room, we have tried to maximize the space as much as we can. Nonetheless, I will bring this up to the proper people. As a consumer I know you have so many choices when it comes to hotels, I am very happy to hear that you will stay with us again. Thank you for your continued patronage and we wish to see you again soon.

Been to Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North? Share your experiences!