“Nicest Super 8 I've Seen” 4 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #27 of 76 hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersSilver level
Woods Cross, Utah, United States
“Nicest Super 8 I've Seen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Staff and check-in was very courteous and didn't even require a credit card for incidentals as I had already paid in full on-line. Was VERY surprised but pleased at how nice the room was. VERY comfortable bed and large big-screen TV. Friends that were with me for the same convention stayed in more expensive properties but my room was nicer than theirs. Glad that Super 8 is keeping pace with competing properties. Breakfast wasn't as elaborate as other places, but was adequate. Not much seating but never had to wait for a seat. For the price of the room I would have been happy with no breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Hello Mark G, thank you for leaving pleasant comments on TripAdvisor. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you see you again soon. Thank you for your patronage and the opportunity to be your host.

294 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Good experience with only one tiny issue. Recently updated furniture and very comfy but tall bed.
this Super 8 is on the north side of DFW and perfect for my overnight flight wait. Rooms are clean and a breakfast with eggs, fruit and the usually breads, muffins and bagels. The issue mentioned before was the seating area was fairly small, elected to eat breakfast in my room.

I have stayed here before and the updates will probably get me to come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Hello Chainboss, thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the seating area of the breakfast room, we have tried to maximize the space as much as we can. Nonetheless, I will bring this up to the proper people. As a consumer I know you have so many choices when it comes to hotels, I am very happy to hear that you will stay with us again. Thank you for your continued patronage and we wish to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I spent three nights here while in Dallas for a conference. The experience exceeded my expectations! Staff was helpful and courteous. The rooms were very clean. The bed was probably the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever experienced. Breakfast was simple and adequate, not gourmet. I wanted a clean, comfortable, quiet place to sleep and that is exactly what I found at this Super 8. Congratulations to staff and management on a job well-done!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Good day Sharon E, thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to leave a great review for us! I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Super 8 DFW North. I am excited to hear you enjoyed our beds, cleanliness and staff. I will pass your kind words along to the team. Thanks for your patronage and we wish to host you again soon.
West Hollywood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

In the past I've not had the best experience with the Super 8 brand of hotels, but as I've typically booked one for merely a quick overnight en route to somewhere else it hasn't been a problem. I chose this particular Super 8 due to close proximity to the airport, and it completely surpassed my expectations. The rooms are surprisingly clean, recently remodeled, and in some ways rival some 4-star hotels I've stayed in around the world.

I chose a standard queen room which is quite large, featuring an amazingly comfortable bed with cotton linens and new blankets. The room offers a work/seating area, refrigerator, coffee maker and large HD flat screen television with digital cable. The icing on the cake was the fully equipped marble bathroom, spotlessly clean and the large size made it convenient for getting ready for my next flight early that following morning.

The continental breakfast, included in rate, is plentiful with a decent variety and offers healthier alternatives than sugar-laden pastries found in other Super 8 hotels. Fresh fruit, hard-cooked eggs and whole grain bread made for a good start to the day. Check out was a breeze, and I appreciated the kindness and professionalism of the staff.

My only complaint was having booked the hotel a week prior to my stay, I input my flight information in order to secure the complimentary shuttle from the airport. Unfortunately something must have gone wrong as I waited more than an hour and had to call the front desk twice to get the shuttle to pick me up. All in all not a huge deal, but after traveling nearly six hours I would have appreciated being picked up on time.

Nonetheless, I can highly recommend this particular Super 8 and you certainly won't be disappointed with the accommodations. Just make sure to call the hotel the day of your arrival in order to make sure the shuttle picks you up within a reasonable time period. Otherwise, five stars!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Hello Dutch2020, thank you for leaving such a great review on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased you enjoyed our accommodations, it is true we remodeled a short time ago. While remodeling we made sure no corners were cut so that all guests are pleasantly surprised when walking into our Super 8. I am very sorry for your experience with the shuttle company, this is a third party and I will take this up with them today. Thank you again for your patronage and we all with to see you again soon!
Annapolis, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I spent the night here as it appeared to be the closest hotel at a cheap price with shuttle. I wasn't expecting much. I waited 45 minutes for shuttle and even after speaking twice to the front desk, it wasn't clear where I should be waiting. She kept saying there should be a sign that said D1, but there wasn't. I waited with the rest of the hotel shuttles which was the pickup point. When I checked in, I signed up for the 8:10 shuttle not sure how early I would be ready. I was up earlier so I switched to the 7:30 shuttle. It never showed. They said I didn't sign up early enough even though I signed up before the previous shuttle had picked up. So, give yourself plenty of time.

The hotel itself was fine. Clean rooms, adequate water pressure, VERY comfy bed and pillows. The breakfast was decent considering it was including in the low price. boiled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, fruit, cereal, yogurt. They need to move the smoking area away from the front door.

Front desk staff seems helpful to the extent they can. I realize they have no control over the shuttle. Hotel would do good to invest in their own shuttle that was exclusive to their hotel.

I'd probably stay here again for the price but give myself a lot of time.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Hello Mrscherry2000, Thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor for us! Let me first explain and apologize for the shuttle service. The service is provided by a third party which connects most of the hotels to the airport, we have been working with the owner of the company on being more timely. I am very sorry you had to experience a long wait time and please know I will be bringing this up when I speak to him again.

I am glad you enjoyed our clean rooms and comfortable bedding, as well as the breakfast. We will actually be adding a few more goodies to it and also will have more HD programming in the future. I thank you for your patronage and wish to see you again soon.
harker heights, texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Big thanks to Mike at the desk for calling the shuttle driver early, so we could catch our flight! The driver was friendly & not at all annoyed. The return trip was as enjoyable & quick after calling for a ride. I'm very impressed by the friendly employees that seem to enjoy helping travelers out. Recommended for anyone needed to catch a flight out of DFW.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Hello Msbethd, thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad you hear you enjoyed your stay! I will let Mike know of your comments, as he will be happy to hear them. Please come visit again, we appreciate your patronage. Do not hesitate to call us directly if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks again!
Lexington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is the nicest Super 8 i've ever stayed in. It looks like it the guestrooms were recently remodeled and are way more comfortable and upscale than im used ot for the Super 8 brand. There are large hdtvs in every room and very comfortable new mattresses. The only problem is the shuttle to/from the airport runs pretty infrequently and can involve long wait times. Big plus is that they have Texas-shaped waffles on the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Hello Flyersfan252, thank for taking the time to post a great review for us! I would first like to begin by apologizing for the shuttle company, as this is a third party company that handles all shuttle services for the hotels in the area sometimes they get backed up. Nonetheless, I will be calling them about this issue. I am glad you liked our accommodations we tried to make everything better than normal and its great to hear someone noticed. Thank you again and we would love to be your host once again!

Been to Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North? Share your experiences!