“They don't deserve even deserve the lowest rating! Truly worst experience!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North

You added Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8150 Esters Boulevard, Irving, TX 75063   |
Ranked #43 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Mexico City, Mexico
“They don't deserve even deserve the lowest rating! Truly worst experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

My flights were late and that led to an unplanned overnight in Dallas. I found this inexpensive hotel, extremely basic but regreted it all night, still this morning. It is a runned out motel. So... Do not stay here!!! I called the hotel 11pm as soon as I landed to ask for a pick up shuttle and was told it would take around 20 minutes, but it became a 2 hours nightmare! I ending arrivng at the hotel at 1:30am to wake up early at 6 for a flight that would get me out from Dallas, so if losing your flights is not enough unpleasant experience, wait to worsen it by staying here. They share a shuttle with several other motels in the area so expect to be 2 hours at least going around the airport from terminal to terminal and back again to the same terminal because somebody just calls another of these hotels and asks to be picked up. And once that you finally think you are getting out from the airport and to your bed, hey... return back to another terminal for someones who just ringed another of these motels and needs a pick up, so by these time you regret having booked here and missing 2 or 3 hours of precious sleep. No breakfast offered, you cannot call breakfast poor coffee and wifi doesn't works properly. But what did I expected for such a rate. Stay away from here!!!

Stayed August 2014
Michael S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate the feedback from our guests so that we may improve our services. I sincerely apologize about the wait for the shuttle. We are going to have a meeting with the company in charge of that as it a 3rd party vendor and get a better service agreement in place. I apologize about the breakfast but we don't offer it so that we can provide a better value on the price of the room. Denny's right next door offers a discount to our guests. Please give us another chance to serve you if your travels bring you through the great Dallas DFW area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Santa Clarita
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I was very disappointed in my stay. We got in late and I was with my 8 yr old daughter. Room key didn't work 2 times . At midnight had to go to the other building which had no elevator! Room was clean but no clock!! And no blow dryers in the rooms. Have to be checked out at the front desk which there were not any either! Internet in lobby didn't work, and even though the front desk man is nice...he is very slow and it was just a bad nights stay!
Wont stay there again! People just hanging outside of their rooms partying which made me feel unsafe with my child!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Michael S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize that you had a bad stay. The elevator is getting fixed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. We will also closely monitor guest activity and make sure that they aren't disturbing other guests. Also I would appreciate a call to the hotel so I can get your room number so that we can take care of issues with your lock. We listen to our guests and want them to feel safe and welcome. Please give us another chance if your travels bring you through the area and see that we made the appropriate changes.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Bad air conditioner, tv remote didn't work, just all around bad room. Air conditioner got room to around 80 degrees. All other rooms sold out due to everyone getting cheap parking. So if you want to save a few bucks and regret it this is your place.

Stayed July 2014
Michael S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate feedback like yours so that we can improve our services. I am extremely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We will work diligently to make sure this don't happen again. Please give us another chance to serve you if you come through the Dallas DFW area.
Adrian, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Check-in today was slow because of computer problems. My husband was asked if a third floor room was okay but they never mentioned that the elevator has been out of service for more than two months. We we entered, the room appeared clean and adequate with the microwave and refrigerator that we requested. We had just enough time to change clothes before leaving for the evening when we noticed that the bathroom light didn't work. My husband called to report it. But, six hours later, it had not been fixed. Trying to call the desk to find out why, resulted in no answer so he walked down two flights of steps, to the next building, to get to the office to report it. There was no apology, and no quick response to fix it. He was told that someone would check it soon. It is now after midnight, we are tired from traveling from an earlier time zone, have waited at least 45 minutes, but no one has shown up to fix the light. I guess we will be showering in the dark tomorrow. Unless things improve drastically, I would NEVER recommend this place.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the ground floor if the elevator is still out of service and check to see if lights and...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Michael S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that you did not receive the service you expected from us during your stay. I will review this with my staff to ensure that it doesn't happen again. Please give us another chance to serve you the next time your in the Dallas DFW area to see first hand that we listen to our guests.
Stephenville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is about what you expect for the price. The rooms felt dirty, I'm pretty sure if I walked bear footed my feet would be black. My kids both were glad they didn't have a black light because even though you can't see it you know it's there. Saying that it's convenient to park car there for week and not pay airport fee and shuttle was great. May stay again, if I want to be cheap.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We think we provide a great value with our low price and our free shuttle to the airport. I can assure you that our rooms are clean. We strive very hard to make sure of that and inspect our rooms daily. I hope you stop to see us again if your travels bring you through the great Dallas DFW area.
Edinburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed here prior to returning hire car before flight next day. Reception staff were pleasant and professional. Room with two Queen beds was a bit dated but adequate for the price paid. One of the beds had seen better days and we questioned how clean it was but nothing suspect found. Wifi was slow but working. Coffee maker but no microwave or fridge in our top floor room. Motel is close to flight path but noise not a factor impacting on sleep. Watching planes landing provided some entertainment prior to leaving! No noise from others despite motel appearing full - also saw pilot staying overnight. Coffee supplied in reception in morning. Overall, no real complaints but could do with microwave and fridge to improve service.

Room Tip: Think top floor would be better for noise avoidance. Building in at least two blocks.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry that we were not able to make your stay more enjoyable, with your request for the refrigerator and microwave. I only hope that in the future you could give us another chance to accommodate your needs.
Palm Harbor, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Last week the mgr wrote here, "...and our WI-FI is being brought up to standards."

Well not yet.

There is no signal in my room. Half way to the office there is a signal but rather than sit in my car in the parking lot I am in the lobby.

The room was cheap. But I'd 've paid more to have I-net service.

Room Tip: MAYBE if you got a room adjacent to or near the office you'd have in-room WiFi. For a business t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Michael S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I apologize for the WI-FI not working properly during your stay, the situation has improved but is a rather big project due to our building having a lot of concrete throughout. We are working hard to get this service to our guests. If your ever in the area again please give us another chance to serve you.

Been to Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North? Share your experiences!