“Great Hotel For Overnight Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8150 Esters Boulevard, Irving, TX 75063   |
Ranked #44 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great Hotel For Overnight Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn at DFW because we were catching an early connecting flight the next morning.

From the shuttle pickup to the shuttle drop off, it was a very pleasant experience.

The shuttle drivers and gentleman at the front desk were very courteous and helpful.
The room wasn't fancy, but clean, quiet and comfortable. Just what we were looking for.
Next door to the motel is a Denny's where we had dinner. It was very good.

My only criticism of the room, is the air conditioner was very close to the bed and it blew on me all night. It would be great if they could move the bed farther away from it. Otherwise, a great stay! I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Sorry about the Air Conditioner being so close to the bed, in our corner rooms they are close because the rooms are smaller than our other rooms. We'd love another chance to serve you if you travels bring you through the great Dallas DFW area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The room was nice, well equipped with phone, coffee maker, tea, desk with lamp, an old dinosaur tv, comfy king size bed. It was clean. But the air conditioner must have been 50 years old. I work outside during the day and don't want to sweat when trying to sleep. But that's what I did here. Decided to relocate the following night and found a place with newer air conditioners. Really my only complaint though.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize about the issue with the air conditioner you experienced. I like to be nice and cool as well when I sleep so I can understand your frustration. We will go through all of our units and fix any issues so that our future guests can sleep comfortably. We'd love another opportunity to serve you if your travels bring you to the area.
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed at the DFW Red Roof Inn for one night. The room and the service were actually so good that I stayed for the second and unplanned night. The rooms have been updated and the bathrooms are spacious. They have a great front desk staff - they are very service oriented.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate positive feedback like yours. I have shared your comments with my staff and they were pleased. Hopefully if your travels bring you back to the great Dallas DFW are you will give us another chance to serve you.
girdwood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We just needed somewhere for a nights layover between flights. It wasn't dirty. The Internet didn't work. Room 125 must be near the industrial washers and dryers. The same noise came on and off all night long. The only dining option available at 10pm was a sad Denny's next door and a gas station down the road. Not great, but worked fine for one night.

• Stayed May 2014
Michael S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I apologize for the limited options for food within walking distance, but we are about a 5 minute car ride away from just about anything you could possibly want to eat. We are just a couple miles away from plenty of fine dining. I would like you to give us another chance to serve you if your travels bring you to the area. We will also get you in a quieter room.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

My initial booking was for 5 nights, but I loved it so much I kept going back and adding another night, until it totaled 8 nights. It was clean, quiet, convenient, the staff was friendly, the grounds were well kept, parking was plentiful and easy, the guests seemed to be mostly business travelers, there were no added fees for my dog, and my room was very clean. There was nothing not to love about this RRI. I only wished I could take it with me for the rest of my 7-month road trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Michael S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the positive feedback. I shared this with my staff and they were delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We strive for that kind of experience for all of our guests. Please stop by and see us again if your travels bring you through the great Dallas DFW area.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed here 2 different times once because missed a flight to Arizona he other time was just for pleasure. Nothing fancy but wasn't staying because of the looks... We enjoyed our stay .. May stay again is in the area

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We appreciate the feedback. We are making improvements to the hotel so that next time hopefully we will be better than ok if your in the great Dallas DFW area.
Los Alamos, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I had great service from this hotel a month before I even visited. You see, during my initial online reservation, somehow the date for the reservation accidentally reverted to the default, wrong date as I made the reservation and I didn't notice. Days later I received an email survey asking how my stay had been but my trip wasn't for another month! So I called the hotel and explained the mix-up. Initially the service person told me it wasn't possible to receive a refund. So I explained the whole situation in the online survey comments field not expecting a reply but, to my surprise, later that afternoon I received an email from the manager of the hotel notifying me they'd refund my card. That's good customer service and I really appreciated it. A month later (when I really was at DFW for a night) I stayed at the hotel.

It's conveniently located near the DFW airport and has a free shuttle from/to the airport. Our room was fairly basic but large, clean and comfortable. Exactly what we needed after a 20 hour travel day from overseas. Check-in and check-out were a breeze. The bed was firm and comfy with four pillows. The pillows were, though, all rather thick and firm--something I liked but my wife was hoping for a softer, thinner pillow. I asked the front desk folks if they had softer, thinner pillows available but they didn't. So just a heads-up there if you don't like thicker, firmer pillows.
A short 10 minute walk to the east yielded a very tasty local pizzeria and a Denny's is located right next to the hotel so morning coffee was easily acquired.

Great value and I'd certainly stay here again if I have to overnight in the DFW area.

Room Tip: Rooms are all accessed from the outside of the building (no interior hallways) but there is an eleva...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Michael S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We really appreciate the feedback. I was glad that we got your reservation all taken care of for you. We like that we are close to lots of places to eat as well. There are lots of great places to dine in the area. We strive to provide great service to our guests and are thoroughly pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please stop and see us again if your travels bring you through the great Dallas DFW area.

Been to Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North? Share your experiences!