“Amazing stay and service” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8150 Esters Boulevard, Irving, TX 75063   |
Ranked #32 of 76 hotels in Irving
Dekalb Junction, NY
“Amazing stay and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I were traveling from Dallas to upstate New York and I picked him up from the airport and this is where we stayed that night. The room was spotless and for it to have been one of the cheapest hotels we stayed at throughout our whole trip, it was one of our favorites. We left the next day in a hurry due to an emergency and actually forgot to check out! We realized down the road and called the hotel and explained our situation and we were not charged for another night and the staff was extremely polite and understanding. They also mentioned they hoped everything would be okay and not to worry about it. Definitely recommend this hotel. Even though it is close to the airport, it's still difficult to get back and forth between the two because of all of the construction, but the hotel itself and the staff were wonderful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sofia V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your compliments regarding our staff, the cleanliness of the hotel and our services. Please be assured that we will pass them along to the rest of our team. We hope to see you back with us again soon.

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hotel is listed in most rating services as a 2-star BUT since it is very near a 4-star DoubleTree, I fail to understand why it is not a 3-star or barely under that designation! The only problem with the hotels/motels in this Metro area was that supporting food places were few and far between.
If I had know about the type location, I would have stocked up and brought snacks and soft drinks in my car without needing to pay a pretty penny at a convenience store. Overall, my weekend at a nearby hotel playing chess was great. I saved $35 per day over the more expensive hotel rates.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and response on your recent stay at Red Roof Inn. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel for its location to the airport, the free shuttle and the price. Unfortunately, when we arrived there was only one attendant assisting to check in a room full of customers, while 3 more people were clearly working this evening yet unable to assist. The first room that we were assigned to was on the third floor and we took the elevator with all of our luggage. The elevator had a horrible smell and we vowed not to get on it again even if we had to haul our luggage up/down 3 flights of steps. Long story short -- we were first given a room key that worked; However the door failed to open as if locked from the inside. The staff was not helpful and requested we return to the lobby (all the while hauling our luggage) to receive a different room. The door opened successfully on the this second room, but it was OCCUPIED!!! The poor lady inside (on a side note: this was 12:00 midnight). Upon returning to the lobby yet again...another employee went to "check" if another room was available -- Guess What! OCCUPIED!! she returned to the lobby saying she would do a "sweep" pf the hotel to see if a room was available. We immediately requested for the shuttle to return and take us to another hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Sofia V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry our hotel fell below your expectations and regret you were not fully satisfied system was completely down and had just restored it. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts as this is our best resource for improving the quality and services we offer. I hope you give us an opportunity in the future; we would love to have you back.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I checked in today on a very good deal .. The price is really amazing for 5 days and the room are definitly very clean and nice.. There is just one thing which i didn't understand. When i came to check in the guy at reception told me there are no rooms available as there is some company's convention going on and he asked me to move away from airport area.. i got little suspicious of him so I called redroof on my mobile and i was surprised to know that there were many rooms available at very good price.. so I went back and told the reception guy that I had reserved the room now and I asked him why he told me that there was no room.. Guess what he was little embarrased this time.. Hotel is good .. rate is good but the service will get poor rating from me !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Sofia V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to let us know about your recent stay. We appreciate your compliments regarding cleanliness and quality of your room. We are grateful that we were able to accommodate your needs accordingly; however, I am sorry that front desk clerk stated we were out of rooms; this is not typical for our hotel. We hope to see you back with us soon.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

$75.00 for a very basic room, which does not include breakfast or wifi. Bed had a deep dip in it and there was no shampoo or body soap. I've stayed in far better for less. Also the smoke detector was falling off the wall and the air conditioner was almost too loud to sleep!

• Stayed July 2013
Sofia V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry our hotel fell below your expectations and regret you were not fully satisfied with the condition of the room you received. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts as this is our best resource for improving the quality and services we offer. I hope you give us an opportunity in the future; we would love to have you back.
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This hotel is not luxury, but it is a great price for free airport parking. I stayed the night before my international flight and got to leave my car in their parking lot for free for the next week.

Some information I would have liked to know before I arrived:
*I didn't find any elevators. I had to haul my luggage up exterior stairs to the third floor.
*Rooms opened to the outside--no interior doors. This made me feel a little nervous as a woman traveling alone, but it turned out fine.
*You have to park your car on the other side of the parking lot from where most of the rooms are. This makes sense, but was a little inconvenient.
*You will probably have to wait around 30 minutes to catch the shuttle when you return from your trip, and will then wait awhile for the driver to stop off at other hotels before reaching the Red Roof Inn.

Altogether, I felt safe and the room was clean and comfortable enough. While this is not luxury, I would stay there again to save money before a flight. It was very convenient to go next door to Denny's to get food.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and response on your recent stay at Red Roof Inn. We pride ourselves on providing the best service to our guests. We are happy to hear that you utilized shuttle services. We are grateful we met your expectations and do look forward to have you with us again.
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is close to the airport. The staff including the maids were very friendly and upbeat. The rooms are very clean. WiFi is available. Complimentary coffee, tea, and granola bars. Only downside is there is no pool nor fitness room.

• Stayed June 2013
Sofia V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your review and response on your recent stay at Red Roof Inn. We pride ourselves on providing the best service and quality to our guests. We are grateful we exceeded your expectations and do look forward to have you with us again.

Been to Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North? Share your experiences!