“Good place to stay before heading out of DFW.” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8150 Esters Boulevard, Irving, TX 75063   |
Ranked #42 of 76 hotels in Irving
Oklahoma City
“Good place to stay before heading out of DFW.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was our second time using this hotel as a stopover to be close to DFW. It is a friendly, clean and we use it as a park/sleep/fly. Parking for a week is free. That's nice. It is nothing special , but it's not supposed to be. It is a decent place to sleep and catch the free shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sofia V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your review and response on your recent stay at Red Roof Inn. We pride ourselves on providing the best service and quality to our guests. We are happy to hear that you utilized shuttle services. We are grateful we met your expectations and do look forward to have you with us again.

174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

On a recent trip my flight was cancelled late on a Friday night due to weather. I called several hotels to check on availability. The person that answered quoted a room rate that was acceptable and I requested the shuttle pick me up. I was told which door area to wait for the shuttle. After seeing several other hotel shuttles come around more than once I called back and was told the driver had been notified. Again I waited and waited and waited; finally the shuttle arrived. When I was dropped off at the Red Roof the desk person said the rate I was quoted that all the rooms for that rate had been taken and the best rate availabel now was $10.00 more. It was not so much the difference in the rate as it was the attitude of the desk person and that while checking in he received a call regarding rooms being available and quoted a room rate of $39,99, $40.00 less than what I was paying. I asked how they could have rooms available at that rate and I was unable to get the rate of $69.00 I was quoted. He said that was the airline rate for crews, I said it seems to me that you should honor the rate I was quoted and he said ne could not.

I sent an e-mail to the hotel explaining the situation and did not expect to hear back, However within 24 hours over a holiday weekend I received an e-mail response from the General Manager apologizing for the delay of the shuttle, desk clerks remarks and that it should not have occured, That these are not acceptable standards and appreciated the remarks. She also indicated she would be crediting my account, this in my opinion was more than I could have asked for. Based on this managers quick response I will stay at this facility on future trips through Dallas.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sofia V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. We hope to see you back with us again soon.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Bookmark this hotel on TripAdvisor and keep the phone number in your cell if you travel through DFW frequently! I've been stranded twice at DFW due to weather delays. This hotel is near the airport and has a free shuttle to and from the airport. Both times I was stranded, they had a few rooms left at midnight. The rooms are clean, with clean linen and free WiFi. The accommodations are basic, not luxury, but if one is only there for 6 hours, do you really need more than a clean bed and a hot shower? Seriously, this one may save you and your trip from a complete meltdown! Good job Red Roof Inn!

Stayed May 2013
Sofia V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

From price to service to cleanliness this place was aces! The airport shuttle was on time, efficient, and the driver was very courteous and helpful. The staff was so helpful & I really enjoyed my stay here. I will definitely visit again.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your compliments regarding our staff, the cleanliness of the hotel and our services. Please be assured that we will pass them along to the rest of our team. We are happy to hear that you utilized shuttle services. We are grateful we met your expectations and do look forward to have you with us again.
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed at the Red Roof on recent trip to Dallas Airport. Convenient shuttle service to airport. This is a no frills place to stay. Just wanted a place to stay before taking a flight from the DFW Airport. Clean rooms. Charged $3.00 per night to park-but still cheaper than the parking garages. Had to ask at the front desk for a hair dryer. Comfortable room and quick check in.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sofia V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your review and response on your recent stay at Red Roof Inn. We pride ourselves on providing the best service and quality to our guests. We are excited to hear that you utilized our Park N Fly and shuttle services. We are grateful we exceeded your expectations and do look forward to have you with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here this past weekend and was really impressed. Being so close to the airport I thought it might be loud, it was surprisingly very quite. The bed was comfortable and EVERYTHING was clean and in good shape. DFW Airport is only about 2 miles away and is extremely easy to get to, a total drive time of about 8 minutes. PLUS the price cant be beat! There is also a Denny's restaurant and convenience store next door, both open 24 hours.

FYI - As of May 6, 2013, there is a TON of construction on hwy 114/121 west toward Ft Worth. If youre going to Ft Worth, Six Flags or Rangers Stadium you can save yourself about an hour in a traffic jam by simply taking President George Bush Turnpike to I-30 and then I-30 west. Its an easy drive with very little traffic, only took me about 20 minutes to get to Rangers Stadium. The turnpike is just a few miles west if the hotel. You'll thank me later for this info!

• Stayed May 2013
Sofia V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to let us know about your recent stay. We appreciate your compliments regarding cleanliness and quality of your room. We are conveniently near the Texas Rangers Stadium and adjacent to Denny’s Restaurant. We are grateful that we were able to accommodate your needs accordingly. We hope to see you back with us soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights. This was my first Red Roof stay. The shuttle service was nice. Speedy even though the shuttle serves a few other hotels as well and comfortable. The drivers I had to and from the airport were both very friendly and polite. I stayed in their superior king room. I got more than I expected. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean, the water pressure from the shower was great (had problem in past with other hotel company), the tv was good, and I had plenty of towels. The only thing is that I couldn't find their snack machines anywhere. Also, the other thing was no pool. This stay was still pleasant and I would stay again if I re-visit the Dallas area. I enjoyed this stay very very much. Clean, affordable, and the location is very helpful for those who plan on using DFW for their travels. One more thing is public transportation. The bus to the light rail is only a nice 5 minute walk over a highway overpass. Getting to downtown Dallas was a nice commute that took me just about 40 minutes. Reliable transportation though and not too far away.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your compliments regarding our staff, the cleanliness of the hotel and our services. Please be assured that we will pass them along to the rest of our team. We hope to see you back with us again soon.

Been to Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North? Share your experiences!