“Not bad” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 76 Hotels in Irving
LeanneB_86
“Not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here as we had a stopover in Dallas before our next flight to Toronto the next day. Just after booking the hotel we contacted them to organise the transfers which they advised and explained how to do it once we arrived in Dallas as they don't pre-book them. We were waiting 30 minutes before a transfer bus came to pick us up but the transfer bus taking us back to the airport was on time.

After we arrived to the hotel, we explained to them that we were going to a baseball game that night and they organised a taxi for us without any issues, they also helped us organise our transfers back to the airport the next day. The staff we very friendly and helpful with any questions we had.

We booked the business room and it was looking a little run down and in need of some TLC but it was clean and the bed was comfortable which was good especially getting off from a 15 hour flight. There is a Denny's next door where we ate dinner and breakfast but there isn't much else around the hotel, just other airport hotels.

We were probably 30 minutes from the baseball stadium which made the taxi ride a little expensive but we were interested in a baseball game so it didn't really bother us.

Overall not bad for an airport hotel and would recommend this place if you wanted something close to the airport.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Sofia V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to let us know about your recent stay. We appreciate your compliments regarding cleanliness of room. We are conveniently near the Texas Rangers Stadium and adjacent to Denny’s Restaurant. We are grateful that we were able to accommodate your needs accordingly. We hope to see you back with us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

From the moment we arrived to the moment of our departure the staff n outmostphere were just fenomenal. The staff was quick to check us in and even offered to help us with our lugge everybody was just friendly they truly made us feel at home with friends we have known for years. Thanks again for a great experience, we will surely come back and recommend you to all of our acquaintances

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your compliments regarding our staff and our service. We hope to see you back with us again soon.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Great service, check in time a matter of minutes. Clean well appointed rooms. Microwave and small fridge. Very quite for location. Free prompt shuttle to and from Airport. Free coffee and granola bar in the morning.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and response on your recent stay at Red Roof Inn. We pride ourselves on providing the best service and quality to our guests. We are happy to hear that you utilized shuttle services. We are grateful we met your expectations and do look forward to have you with us again.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked this hotel for my night stay as I had an early morning flight to NYC. However, due to Sandy storm, my flight was canceled and I ended up staying till their check out time. Check in was smooth and my ground floor room was nice and clean. However, one thing which perturbed me was my Ground Floor room entry/exit was almost on the road which I did not find too assuring and safe. Also, Wi-Fi was not working and when I told the receptionist, he gave me a number (outsourced i guess). After haggling for about 20 mins with the guy on the phone who told me all sort of crap that IPhone and IPad wifi reception is poor, the access point is in another building and range is not adequate blah blah blah, I hanged up. Clearly, their wifi system needs an overhaul. The funny part was I was getting signal from Ramada across the road (intermittent though) but not from Redroof. The hotel also offers free coffee and energy bars. However, the stock is limited as when I went to have my morning coffee at around 9am, there were no energy bars left either at the coffee table or in the stock with the hotel. Overall, It wasn't really a satisfying experience, would look for other options before deciding to stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't opt for room at Ground floor near reception as Wi-Fi doesn't work there.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sofia V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. I am sorry our hotel fell below your expectations and regret you were not fully satisfied, this is not typical for our hotel. We hope you give us an opportunity in the future; we would like to have you back.
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

One of the reasons I chose this motel was that I thought it would be fairly easy to find after arriving at the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport at night. (Get a Google map and look for Double Tree which is next door. Red Roof Inn sign could be larger.) Not a fancy place but very adequate. Room furnishings tasteful, clean, not threadbare, granite counter top for vanity. No breakfast but the lobby has coffee in hot pots and apples always available. Microwave in lobby, but neither fridge nor microwave in room. (There is Denny's next door.) Front desk in morning and evening knowledgeable and friendly. Saw several airline personnel as guests if that is any indication of a good balance between quality and price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sofia V, Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your compliments regarding our staff, the cleanliness of the hotel and our service. On a future stay should you need a microwave and fridge we have them available in selected rooms. We hope to see you back with us again soon.
Longview, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel was recommend to me by a friend because I live so far from the airport and had an early flight, I could stay here overnight and leave my car and they would take and pick me up from the airport . And that's exactly what they did . All went smooth for me and they were so very nice to make me feel like it would . The price was very good I thought and my car was just as I had left it . I would stay here again if need to and thank you to all the staff :)

• Stayed October 2012
Sofia V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for your review and response on your recent stay at Red Roof Inn. We pride ourselves on providing the best service and quality to our guests. We are excited to hear that you utilized our Park N Fly and shuttle services. We are grateful we exceeded your expectations and do look forward to have you with us again.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

On a 3 week trip, this was our last hotel prior to flying home . What a let down. Our celebrations were scuppered due to the inept hotel staff & poor quality room. It was such a shame. Mr Ian Mitchell on reception was less than helpful. He frustrated & obstructed our last night in America. I found him rude & condescending. Him aside, on the plus side - there is a free shuttle bus to the Airport. There was no breakfast available. It's not often I find places less than average - but this is one. Informing the Red Roof Inn company of the terrible stay - they said they would send me a voucher for a free night elsewhere in America for my future visits. They never did.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Sofia V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost importance and we make every effort possible to ensure excellent quality and service. We are very sorry that you did not have a better experience. This is not typical and we have taken steps to ensure it does not happen again. We offer a grab and go breakfast, which includes granola bars, fruit, and coffee. We hope you will give us another chance next time you come to Dallas. We guarantee you will have a better experience with us.

Been to Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North? Share your experiences!