“Nothing special, just ok” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8150 Esters Boulevard, Irving, TX 75063   |
Ranked #39 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Nothing special, just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked this hotel for my night stay as I had an early morning flight to NYC. However, due to Sandy storm, my flight was canceled and I ended up staying till their check out time. Check in was smooth and my ground floor room was nice and clean. However, one thing which perturbed me was my Ground Floor room entry/exit was almost on the road which I did not find too assuring and safe. Also, Wi-Fi was not working and when I told the receptionist, he gave me a number (outsourced i guess). After haggling for about 20 mins with the guy on the phone who told me all sort of crap that IPhone and IPad wifi reception is poor, the access point is in another building and range is not adequate blah blah blah, I hanged up. Clearly, their wifi system needs an overhaul. The funny part was I was getting signal from Ramada across the road (intermittent though) but not from Redroof. The hotel also offers free coffee and energy bars. However, the stock is limited as when I went to have my morning coffee at around 9am, there were no energy bars left either at the coffee table or in the stock with the hotel. Overall, It wasn't really a satisfying experience, would look for other options before deciding to stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't opt for room at Ground floor near reception as Wi-Fi doesn't work there.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sofia V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. I am sorry our hotel fell below your expectations and regret you were not fully satisfied, this is not typical for our hotel. We hope you give us an opportunity in the future; we would like to have you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

One of the reasons I chose this motel was that I thought it would be fairly easy to find after arriving at the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport at night. (Get a Google map and look for Double Tree which is next door. Red Roof Inn sign could be larger.) Not a fancy place but very adequate. Room furnishings tasteful, clean, not threadbare, granite counter top for vanity. No breakfast but the lobby has coffee in hot pots and apples always available. Microwave in lobby, but neither fridge nor microwave in room. (There is Denny's next door.) Front desk in morning and evening knowledgeable and friendly. Saw several airline personnel as guests if that is any indication of a good balance between quality and price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sofia V, Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your compliments regarding our staff, the cleanliness of the hotel and our service. On a future stay should you need a microwave and fridge we have them available in selected rooms. We hope to see you back with us again soon.
Longview, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel was recommend to me by a friend because I live so far from the airport and had an early flight, I could stay here overnight and leave my car and they would take and pick me up from the airport . And that's exactly what they did . All went smooth for me and they were so very nice to make me feel like it would . The price was very good I thought and my car was just as I had left it . I would stay here again if need to and thank you to all the staff :)

• Stayed October 2012
Sofia V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for your review and response on your recent stay at Red Roof Inn. We pride ourselves on providing the best service and quality to our guests. We are excited to hear that you utilized our Park N Fly and shuttle services. We are grateful we exceeded your expectations and do look forward to have you with us again.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

On a 3 week trip, this was our last hotel prior to flying home . What a let down. Our celebrations were scuppered due to the inept hotel staff & poor quality room. It was such a shame. Mr Ian Mitchell on reception was less than helpful. He frustrated & obstructed our last night in America. I found him rude & condescending. Him aside, on the plus side - there is a free shuttle bus to the Airport. There was no breakfast available. It's not often I find places less than average - but this is one. Informing the Red Roof Inn company of the terrible stay - they said they would send me a voucher for a free night elsewhere in America for my future visits. They never did.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Sofia V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost importance and we make every effort possible to ensure excellent quality and service. We are very sorry that you did not have a better experience. This is not typical and we have taken steps to ensure it does not happen again. We offer a grab and go breakfast, which includes granola bars, fruit, and coffee. We hope you will give us another chance next time you come to Dallas. We guarantee you will have a better experience with us.
Terrigal, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Close to the airport. Clean rooms with all the necessaries. Denny's is next door. Quiet neighbourhood - mostly hotels. Friendly and helpful staff. You can get anywhere on the DART from the Red Roof Inn, for $1.75 by taking the shuttle to the airport. Take the bus to the Remote South parking lot and then transfer to the CentrePort/DFW Airport Station shuttle and then take the TRE to Dallas and transfet to the DART. Works in reverse but check the TRE schedule as train frequency is not the greatest. A taxi is quicker but more expensive.
Would stay there agin if overnighting or had my own transport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sofia V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
We would like to sincerely thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a review. Your kind words about our quality and service are very much appreciated. We pride ourselves in our convenient location, as it helps guests from out of town find their way around our busy city. We are grateful that we were able to accommodate your needs accordingly. We hope to see you back with us soon
Killeen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here before and decided to come back again to attend a Rangers game. It's about a 20 minute ride to the ballpark, depending on traffic. This Red Roof Inn has a Denny's restraunt right next door and a gas station within walking distance. Good location, quite at night. Rooms are clean, nothing extraordinary. For the price, it's well worth the stay. Pet friendly as well. Breakfast is coffee, granola bars, and apples so don't expect waffles or anything. For the price, it's a good stay!

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking your time to let us know about your recent stay. We appreciate your compliments regarding cleanliness and quality of your room. We are conveniently near the Texas Rangers Stadium and adjacent to Denny’s Restaurant. Red Roof Inn is proud to welcome our furry friends at no extra charge. We are grateful that we were able to accommodate your needs accordingly. We hope to see you back with us soon.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This has all you will need and at a good price. Nice clean rooms and adequate facilities including laundry and ice/soft drinks. Denny's next door for breakfast and a gas station should you fancy a beer or class of vino. Staff helpful. friendly atmosphere.
At this point I would happily get this hotel a 4. However there is information you need before booking.
If you are coming from the airport there is a free shuttle (though a tip for the driver is encouraged). The problem is finding and catching it. My suggestion : ALL shuttle pickups are from the lower level. Phone the hotel and arrange a pick up. They will need a terminal number and gate number (ie. A 16). This hotel uses a company called Hotel Connection which is a white van with small signs of the hotels it serves on the sides. Now the sad part. You can expected to wait half and hour at best and over a hour at worst. You will see lots of shuttles from the bigger hotels that has their own vans but have no fear Hotel Connection will eventually arrive and you will find the drivers are very helpful.
SO ! Make a plan. Arrive/phone hotel/give terminal and gate number/wait in the right place on the LOWER level. Doing this should reduced the pain ! NO HAIR DRYERS IN THE ROOM !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your compliments regarding our staff, the cleanliness of the hotel and our services. Please be assured that we will pass them along to the rest of our team. We have been monitoring our shuttle service satisfaction to avoid similar situations in the future. On a future stay should you need a hair dryer, we have then available at the desk. We hope to see you back with us again soon.

Been to Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North? Share your experiences!