“A very good Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 76 Hotels in Irving
California
“A very good Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2008

For a woman traveling alone on a business trip, I felt safe in this hotel. The staff was friendly and quick to please.. Shuttle to and from airport as well as to shopping mall or any place I wished and prompt pickup. Make sure you take the phone number of the hotel to call for a free shuttle from the airport.
My room was comfortable included a microwave, refrigerator, and stove. They have an excellent hot complimentary breakfast.
Since I stayed 5 nights, I took advantage of this and purchased items to make sandwiches, salads and quick hot dinners. As a traveler, I am always prepared with my own simple cooking pan, and a few small plastic containers for left overs and paper plates, can opener, etc. The kitchen in the room is not set up with cooking pans or plates, but you may borrow a pan form the hotel.
After an exhausting meeting each day, privacy was indeed what I needed. There are 3 floors in the hotel and my room was on the 2nd floor - nice and quiet. No restaurant in the hotel, but they had menus for ordering out or they would shuttle you to a restaurant.
I would certainly stay at the Hawthorn Suites again, nice people, good price and close to the airport. My meetings were all at the hotel.

• Liked — Felt safe - great staff and great room with complete kitchen
  • Disliked — Did not have a restaurant, but they did furnish a hot breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
US
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2008

We awoke in the morning to find ROACHES in our room! Simply unexceptable!!!

Stayed April 2008
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2007

The hotel staff are very helpful, quick check in
and room are clean.
The only thing I didn't like was the room I stayed
(don't know about other rooms) could hear next room
people's noise so much (walls are paper thin).
Just people are talking normal voice level and watching TV
I could hear them.

• Liked — Helpful hetl staff and clean room
  • Disliked — Noise I can hear from next rooms
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2007

We stayed in this horrible hotel on 15 nov.It is on airport so we expect to be comfortable but it was really noisy,all the windows back towards the fedex loading area.Whole night we keep on hearing loading and unloading truks.We could not sleep a bit.The room did not have exta blanket or sheets for sofa bed. Although when booking we told them that 2 kids will be with us.It was the worst experience ever, we have never stayed in such a bad hotel.They should have some insulation in the walls, no one can sleep when truks are loading and unloading.Really bad experience.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — noisy
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2007

We stayed in this hotel the night before we had to fly out of DFW. The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable and we couldn't hear any noise from other rooms. The breakfast was filling and the airport shuttle left at exactly the time we requested. You are also allowed to keep your car parked at the hotel while you are on a trip at no additional charge and then you just call the hotel when you return and the shuttle will come back and get you. I know many hotels offer this service, but a few don't and we liked the idea of paying one price for our room,breakfast and parking. The only complaint I have (and it is minor) is that the room is not a true 'suite'. We were alone so it was no big deal, but when we travel with our children we really need a true suite with two rooms that have walls and a door between.

• Liked — Clean & location
  • Disliked — Not a suite
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
JAX,FLA,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2007

I was meeting my Son, and his Wife, at the hotel, no reservations,Their plane was hours late, i ask the deskclerk, could I stay till my Son, arrives, He said yes, and use our internet,have coffee,watch t,v, make yourself at home,,later food was served,they told me to eat free,, hours later my Family came in,we had wonderful rooms, no noise, great service, the shuttle was there on time, and carried us all around,i will stay there again while in Texas, Karen at the desk was a charm...Erma Eleazer,Jax,Fla.

Stayed June 2007
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2007

I booked myself for three nights while attending a conference at the Gaylord Grapevine.

My first two nights were so awful that I moved to the Hampton Inn for the third night.

The walls at this facility are dreadfully thin. On the first night I could hear the TV and the conversation of the guys staying in the room next to me. I went to sleep at midnight when they did and woke up at 5:30 when they did to catch their flight. On the second night a couple checked in around midnight, did what young couples do in hotels and then stayed up until 4:30 am. I, unfortunately, was up with them all night as well. I tried sleeping on the sofa. I eventually just turned on the TV to try and drown out the noise. I got sleep at 4:30 and had to miss several morning sessions at the conference.

The price is low compared to many other facilities around the northern section of the airport. But the low price is shown in the construction of the building and the location immediately adjacent to the airport.

Do not stay here if you want a good night's sleep

• Liked — proximity to airport and Gaylord Grapevine
  • Disliked — thin room walls
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW North? Share your experiences!