“Stay Clear!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #59 of 76 Hotels in Irving

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I checked in and met Kandee at front desk. I had an early meeting so washed up, unfortunately the tub filled with my bath water and did not drain. I had a shower in my own bath water. On my way out I informed Kandee, requesting someone take a look at the room and specifically the tub. When I returned six hours later the dirty bath water was still in the tub. When I asked the front desk to have a look at the tub, a coughing, sneezing red nosed girl called the General Manager who promptly asked me to leave. I placed a corporate complaint and had to search for a hotel in the pouring rain.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
CarlsonRezidor, Online Support Specialist at Country Inn & Suites DFW Airport South, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room and the issues you encountered with the staff. We will discuss the conditions of your room and the issues with the staff with hotel management to ensure this is addressed. We appreciate your feedback and hope for another chance to exceed your expectations.
Boerne, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

bathtub was full of ants, after 90 minutes a guy came armed with 2 paper towels & no bug spray. I was told the hotel had no bug spray. We chose this hotel because they offer parking at the hotel while on our trip out of back to DFW. The shuttle service was excellent.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites DFW Airport South, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

When I arrived at the airport to the moment I checked out of my room, Scott Ward helped me have an excellent experience at this hotel. I was there for an interview at the flight attendant training center, and Scott helped me plan ahead for transportation (which was provided at no cost to me) and even casually talked to me about interview topics I might encounter in my interview. He was very friendly and helpful by recommending food and other entertainment nearby if I had free time while I was here. Scott deserves to be appreciated for being a great asset and representative of this hotel. Overall he made this stay a great one, and I would definitely choose this hotel over the other ones next time I'm in Dallas. The rooms were very clean, free breakfast was plenty and delicious. The price of my room was the best in the area. And the hotel is located near a lot of things that can keep you occupied. Look for Scott when you're there and you will definitely enjoy his professionalism, kindness, and hospitality.

Room Tip: my room was on the second floor and I did not encounter any problems.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

Driving is not easy in Dallas so staying near the airport was preferred... NEVER again. Our 1st room was grossly dirty, the mini fridge woke us up every 20 mins or so, leaking everywhere and it was NOISY. Sheets didn't fit the beds so they kept popping off. They have a "shuttle" that takes you nowhere... When we went to dinner, after calling 8 times to get picked up, we had to wait one HOUR for him to come get us.

We were moved to a different room, this one had no shower curtain... Food and prior occupants pills on the floor... Living room table still had food on the table! Then trying to be quite I closed the bedroom door, locking my son in the room. When I called the front desk after waiting 15 mins for him to come up he berated me for locking my son in the room... Like it was MY fault for shutting the broken door!

Just to be kicked again, promised the owner would call... Still waiting and waiting...

Room Tip: Choose another hotel...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites DFW Airport South, responded to this review, November 20, 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of your room, including the general cleanliness and shuttle service. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards.
Irving, TX, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

The rooms are horrible and dirty. We will never choose to stay here again. The hotel is extreamly dirty we had three rooms before we finally had one we could actually stay the night in. The last one we finally had no choice because it was the only room they had left.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites DFW Airport South, responded to this review, November 17, 2014
We regret to hear about how many times you changed rooms. We certainly understand how would have affected your stay. We will make sure to touch base with the management at the DFW-Airport South to make sure these issues are addressed as soon as possible.
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

We read the reviews on this hotel and it appeared to be a good hotel to book. Well the reviews were right this place was excellent. We arrived early evening and were checked in quickly by a very nice girl at the front desk. We proceeded to our room and found to be better than we expected. It was clean and since the entire hotel is smoke free, the room and halls had either a fresh smell, or no smell. The bed was comfortable and came with both firm and soft pillows. The room came with a mini fridge and a small microwave which were both clean and in good working order. The morning complimentary breakfast was more than we had expected. They had a waffle machine, scrambled eggs, and biscuits and gravy in addition to all the usual free breakfast offerings. We liked this hotel so much we booked two more days at the end of our trip, and we will book this hotel the next time we are in the Dallas area.

Room Tip: Our first stay we were on the 2nd floor and on our second stay we were on the first floor. I would r...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites DFW Airport South? Share your experiences!