“ants galore” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Boerne, Texas
“ants galore”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

bathtub was full of ants, after 90 minutes a guy came armed with 2 paper towels & no bug spray. I was told the hotel had no bug spray. We chose this hotel because they offer parking at the hotel while on our trip out of back to DFW. The shuttle service was excellent.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites DFW Airport South, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

When I arrived at the airport to the moment I checked out of my room, Scott Ward helped me have an excellent experience at this hotel. I was there for an interview at the flight attendant training center, and Scott helped me plan ahead for transportation (which was provided at no cost to me) and even casually talked to me about interview topics I might encounter in my interview. He was very friendly and helpful by recommending food and other entertainment nearby if I had free time while I was here. Scott deserves to be appreciated for being a great asset and representative of this hotel. Overall he made this stay a great one, and I would definitely choose this hotel over the other ones next time I'm in Dallas. The rooms were very clean, free breakfast was plenty and delicious. The price of my room was the best in the area. And the hotel is located near a lot of things that can keep you occupied. Look for Scott when you're there and you will definitely enjoy his professionalism, kindness, and hospitality.

Room Tip: my room was on the second floor and I did not encounter any problems.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

Driving is not easy in Dallas so staying near the airport was preferred... NEVER again. Our 1st room was grossly dirty, the mini fridge woke us up every 20 mins or so, leaking everywhere and it was NOISY. Sheets didn't fit the beds so they kept popping off. They have a "shuttle" that takes you nowhere... When we went to dinner, after calling 8 times to get picked up, we had to wait one HOUR for him to come get us.

We were moved to a different room, this one had no shower curtain... Food and prior occupants pills on the floor... Living room table still had food on the table! Then trying to be quite I closed the bedroom door, locking my son in the room. When I called the front desk after waiting 15 mins for him to come up he berated me for locking my son in the room... Like it was MY fault for shutting the broken door!

Just to be kicked again, promised the owner would call... Still waiting and waiting...

Room Tip: Choose another hotel...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites DFW Airport South, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of your room, including the general cleanliness and shuttle service. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards.
Irving, TX, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

The rooms are horrible and dirty. We will never choose to stay here again. The hotel is extreamly dirty we had three rooms before we finally had one we could actually stay the night in. The last one we finally had no choice because it was the only room they had left.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites DFW Airport South, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
We regret to hear about how many times you changed rooms. We certainly understand how would have affected your stay. We will make sure to touch base with the management at the DFW-Airport South to make sure these issues are addressed as soon as possible.
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

We read the reviews on this hotel and it appeared to be a good hotel to book. Well the reviews were right this place was excellent. We arrived early evening and were checked in quickly by a very nice girl at the front desk. We proceeded to our room and found to be better than we expected. It was clean and since the entire hotel is smoke free, the room and halls had either a fresh smell, or no smell. The bed was comfortable and came with both firm and soft pillows. The room came with a mini fridge and a small microwave which were both clean and in good working order. The morning complimentary breakfast was more than we had expected. They had a waffle machine, scrambled eggs, and biscuits and gravy in addition to all the usual free breakfast offerings. We liked this hotel so much we booked two more days at the end of our trip, and we will book this hotel the next time we are in the Dallas area.

Room Tip: Our first stay we were on the 2nd floor and on our second stay we were on the first floor. I would r...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Bridgeport, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014

I cannot even rate the hotel because I didn't get the chance to even go further than the reception area and am still waiting on management to contact me!! On October 7, 2014, I visited Dallas, Texas for my daughter's graduation from American Airlines Flight Academy with a reservation for the Country Inn & Suites and am still very angry, because, despite my advance, PAID reservation, and a Club Carlson member and my contacting the hotel upon my arrival to Dallas to confirm that my room was reserved, there was NO ROOM available for me when I finally got there. The Front desk clerk had the nerve to tell me that the hotel was overbooked via online reservations, and my room was given away, and reservation cancelled!!
Although very tired, I tried to maintain my calm and patiently waited until I was relocated to another hotel. There was no shuttle service and my ride had left but luckily, a couple (who were total strangers) who had faced the same dilemma offered to wait for me and transported me because they were also being relocated to the same hotel. The receptionist wasn’t very hospitable and refused to book us into a room because he claimed we didn’t have the necessary transfer paperwork from the Country Inn. We finally got a room after the manager approved it but we also had to submit credit cards to put on hold until we checked out after they told us that we weren't going to be asked for any credit card info.
Upon my return home to Connecticut, I called the hotel and voiced my complaint and asked to speak to a manager. The receptionist on duty took my information, apologized and said she was the one I spoke to when I called and confirmed that my room was secured and she will make sure that the manager follows up with me and offer some form of compensation when he arrived the following day. I waited for several more days and got no call, so I called again, and again, the receptionist apologized and told me the same story that she will have the manager call me. I am still waiting to hear from the manager and to no avail, therefore, I am posting this review to let everyone know that they should NEVER go to that hotel. I had read previous reviews and most were horrible for that particular hotel but being a Club Carlson member and hearing from a friend of mine that their experience was different, I decided to give them a chance and regret every moment of it! I hope the manager sees this review and knows how disappointed I am. I promised not to write a bad review if they compensated me but no, instead, the totally ignored me! I will not stop here; I am going to make sure I post this on my Facebook page and make it public for everyone to see! I need to be reimbursed!!!
Marcia R.

Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites DFW Airport South, responded to this review, October 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your almost stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services.
Los Angeles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

This is a great hotel for the price I paid. I was able to reserve a room at the least minute and I love the fact that breakfast was included. The hotel was very quiet and peaceful... I will be staying here again!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Been to Country Inn & Suites DFW Airport South? Share your experiences!