“Pretty much what I expected” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Park.Stay.Fly
Ranked #21 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Pretty much what I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I wasn't expecting luxury, just somewhere clean and efficient, and that's pretty much what I got. The room was a good size, being from the UK and not used to AC running all the time, the noise from all the AC units running in adjacent rooms was a little annoying, but jet lag helped me sleep through that. The staff were varied, with some very helpful while others were less so. The evening and afternoon staff were generally better than the morning. The breakfast was good enough, and it was nice to have drinks and snacks available in reception. My only real issue was with the shuttle service, which was sporadic and after arriving at DFW at 9pm after 16 hours of flight time, to be told I would have to wait an hour was a little annoying, so I just ended up getting a taxi. Still, for a typical corporate chain hotel, it was a decent enough stay

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for your review! Thank you for sharing the details of your encounters, this allows me to use your experience as a training opprotunity for our team. I hope that when you are in town next time you will select our hotel for your accommodations. Please let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

It all started upon arrival when we drove by the hotel 3 TIMES because we could not spot the building from access road off highway. Sign couldn't be smaller or more discreet.

Common areas are run down and dirty AND SHABBY.

Room was spacious but musty. Bathroom floor could have used a better scrubbing.

The kicker was the water leak and having to be relocated the last night of my stay when I returned to the room after 10 PM. having to hastily pack to move then to unpack for a final night of sleep then repack to check out again several hours later! What a HUGE inconvenience! The second room was smaller not comparable; with less counter space to spread out my few things for my last night. No offer of compensation except dinner (at 10 pm???)

WHY DO WE GIVE HOTELS A CONTACT NUMBER IF THEY CANT BE BOTHERED TO CONTACT YOU WHEN THEY KNOW THEY ARE GOING TO RUIN YOUR RESTFUL EVENING?

I will choose differently when I return to the Dallas area. Do not RECOMMEND!

• Stayed October 2013
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your review! Being from another state I understand your frustration when trying to locate us, it is rather difficult and the GPS doesn't help much. We are very aware that our common areas look shabby, which creates the impression of being unclean, the good news is that we are slated to be renovated in 2014 so our common areas, specifically our lobby will look refreshed! I do apologize about our water leak, it was unexpected. If there was anyway to allow guests to remain on the floor we certainly would not have relocated everyone to other floors. I do apologize if my team did not handle your room move as they should have. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss your concerns further.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Nice facility with nice rooms. We had a suite for our family of six and never felt like we didn't have enough room. The staff was very attentive and on top of it when we first arrived. However, as the week became the weekend they were very quickly overwhelmed. The hotel was absolutely packed due to Notre Dame playing Arizona State Saturday at AT&T Stadium and then Dallas playing New England the next day. This in addition to a retiree tour that arrived on Thursday. We did not receive as good a service the last day of our stay; and in fact, housekeeping missed our room the last day. In spite of this though, we were very happy and would stay there again.

Room Tip: We had the suite for our family on the first floor, which allowed us to also use the lobby bathrooms...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I am sorry that our service declined during the last part of your stay. We strive to provide the same exceptional service to every guest every day. Thank you for sharing this information with me, it will allow me to use this as a training opprotunity for my team.
Irving, Texas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Hyatt Place in Irving is much like the other Hyatt Places (HP's) I've stayed with whether its in the northeast or upper mid-west. Rooms are typically spacious, clean, and solid staff. So you get the usual quality of HP's. Two standouts from this location in Irving is that the lighting in the rooms is better than other HP's and the rooms are exceptionally quiet as you don't hear much noise from neighbors or hallway. The location of the hotel is relatively convenient, right off of Macarthur Blvd and near the highways.

The usual less than stellar elements are also here at HP in Irving. The AC/heating unit is its usual loud noisy self. Also, the vent blows directly on you as you sleep so it can get uncomfortable. However the unit does keep the room cool and is effective. The internet is spotty and at one point I just gave up and used my mobile Wi-fi. I've seen this to be a consistent issue at nearly every Hyatt Place I've stayed.

Either way, a solid hotel and usual Hyatt Place pros & cons. Will say the staff here is friendlier than others HP's, but could be Texas hospitality.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bernadette W, Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for your review! I will share your comments with my Team! I would love to know what is the one thing we can do to improve our service...what would that be? Please contact me directly.
San Angelo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've stayed here several times on business. The downstairs decor is very nice, and the staff is friendly and responsive. The food served both at the breakfast bar and via their limited room service is far above average for a hotel at this price point. None of that chemical mystery food you might expect. I only have a couple of minor complaints. The hotel is older and I think has been recently remodeled. However, the elevators are incredibly slow. If you are on the 6th floor, expect some time to kill on the way down. Also, the rooms are equipped with window AC units, and the beds are right next to the AC units. And the AC units aren't quiet. If you are even a remotely light sleeper, you will get awoken by them during the night as they click on and off.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor, to avoid the slow elevators.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your review! Our last renovation was in 2008, and we are tenatively scheduled for a renovation in 2014 - dates TBD. I am glad you select our hotel whenever you come to town. Please stop by and say 'Hi' next time you're in town!
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here during a retreat that also took place in the hotel. The room was very nice and roomy for two people. A third person could have stayed in the next room on the fold out couch bed. My favorite was Tammy, she was very attentive to our needs. The front desk staff must know how to "do it all" - meaning tend to the bar, and menu items after hours while checking in people. Each one did their job efficiently and I offer Kudos to each one of them. The food here is very good. The kitchen will make special meals for people with restrictive diets.The only cons I have is the elevator is not air conditioned and feels stuffy and hot in the month of August in triple digit heat. Luckily the elevator rides are short! and the air conditioner fan is a little noisy for me - but earplugs took care of that. I would definitely stay here again. The people here made our stay a fabulous one.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your review! We pride ourselves on being able to provide exceptional service to each guest we encounter, no matter what their needs are. I look forward to your next visit with us.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Very good experience. Lauren and John at the front were very helpful. The best part for me was my encounter with Tammy. She works at the front desk and was my shuttle driver at least four or five times during my stay. Tammy is very professional, helpful with a "great" personality. I had a few special requests and they took care of all of them without complaint.

Thanks, Denita

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you for your review! I will pass on your great comments to our team! Hope to see you next time you are in the Dallas area!

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas? Share your experiences!