“Best on the block” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 76 Hotels in Irving
San Clemente, California
“Best on the block”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I travel to the Las Colinas/Irving area a few times a year, and always stay in and around this property due to its proximity to our company's main office in Las Colinas. Of the 4 other hotels nearby, this one is my favorite. The staff is the friendliest and most helpful I've encountered just about anywhere. The breakfast was great and the evening/afternoon menu is not too bad, either. The small cocktail lounge located in the lobby, immediately adjacent to where meal service is handled, is handy for relaxing with co-workers at the end of the day. There is a small number of "to-go" breakfast pastries and cookies if you're in a hurry or want enjoy a snack in your room. The price of the room and the quality of the accomodations makes it a very good value. After trying all of other small hotels in the area, this is my go-to place to stay when I'm here on business.

The rooms are clean, furnished nicely and I've always gotten a good night's sleep. Seriously, I've had ZERO problems at this property. It should be noted that across the parking lot is a pretty good eatery, most recently renovated to be a BBQ/Smoked meat restaurant; FM Smoke House. If you're staying for a few nights, be sure to check it out. It couldn't be more convenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your review! We strive to provide each and every guest with an exceptional experience, it will be nice for my team to hear that they are making a difference in the lives of our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The place is nice. I recently stayed here for 5 nights. The hotel is clean. Customer service is good. The serve breakfast like other Hyatt's, I found they were slow and would start clearing breakfast by 9:30. If you are someone who likes to sleep in and get in just in time for breakfast you would be disappointed.

Room Tip: I would recommend this hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am sorry that you were disappointed by our breakfast hours of Monday-Friday 6:30AM to 9:30AM and Saturday-Sunday 7:00AM to 10:00AM. I know when I travel I like to sleep in a bit as well! The great thing about Hyatt Place is our 24/7 Gallery Menu where you can get a breakfast sandwhich at a reasonable price anytime after our normal breakfast hours. I hope that next time you are in the Dallas area you will stay with us again! Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I had a one night layover in DFW. So I needed a hotel within reasonable distance of the airport, and cheap. Through Priceline, I was able to get a room here for about $85. I saw the pics online and thought that I would be lucky if I was to have one of those rooms for the price. They do not have the typical hotel room layout, much better. When we entered the room, it was just like the picture. The lobby area was very clean, the staff was superb, and the sweets downstairs were delicious. Overall great stay, clean, and friendly.

Room Tip: Free shuttle service does not begin running until 7am. Free breakfast is out at 7, although the day...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. We strive to provide an exceptional service and a clean comfortable environment for all of our guests. I am glad you had a chance to taste our sweets! They are delicious!
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

My Annual Family Trip took us to Dallas this year & we stayed at Hyatt Place/Las Colinas. We traveled overnight & arrived at the hotel around 9 am. Initially the hotel was unsure if they would be able to accommodate our early arrived but once we got there we were quickly checked in & given our rooms w/no problem. Our rooms were very nice as was the layout of the hotel. Breakfast was served daily & came w/a good variety of choices. The hotel is located on the outskirts of Dallas in a hotel/business district w/a lot of restaurants, hotels, shopping & access to main thoroughfares nearby. The area was very quiet, well-groomed & enjoyable for my entire family & the staff was very nice, always ready to be of assistance. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Derondah,

Thank you for your review of the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to having you stay with us next time you are in the Dallas area.

Bernadette Weber
Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas
5455 Green Park Drive
Irving, Texas 75038
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed with my husband for an overnight business trip. The room was spacious with a suite like look. There was a long sofa, fridge, desk for working, a huge TV, and best of all, a great air conditioner that got the room frosty for sleeping. The breakfast was just a continental breakfast - nothing special. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
As the new General Manager I wanted to reach out and thank you for posting a review of your stay at the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas. I look forward to meeting you next time you are in the Dallas area!
Turku, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a week during a business trip to Dallas. The hotel and room offer the basic services as needed for a business traveller: bed for sleeping, desk for working, refrigerator for storing your own food, bathroom for refreshing, air conditioning for room temperature control, wireless internet access and TV.

However, I had to change the room during may stay due to broken door lock in bathroom - this isn't nice as you hear after long day in office that all your stuff has to be packed and moved before anything else. Hotel staff was very polite about this, but it is still an inconvenience and to me this shows a gap in maintenance standards. I got point compensation which is sure nice but still does not fix the actual problem. Additionally the hotel housekeeping/maintenance was behind their duties as the luggage rack in my room was in pieces - I find it difficult to understand how come a housekeeper does not see that being an issue and take any actions to correct the situation. I agree with other feedback noting the hotel would need refurbishment, fixing these issues with rooms, changing carpets, curtains etc.

Internet connection was included in the price of the room, but I have to say I found it insufficient. Connection performance was ok-ish for basic email and web browsing, but video calls to my family were impossible. I tried this every day, several times and the connection quality was never enough for video. Breakfast service in the lobby was something in between, it was not as spartan as I have seen some "continental" breakfast corners, but it was not a full buffet either. Main offering was hot and cold drinks, bread from grill, cereal, one option for joghurt/berries/fruits, some sweet bun or cake. After a week I felt I had seen the same, limited options for food already too many times and I felt I could not have found enough variation if my stay had been any longer. Therefore it matters you have own fridge in the room!

If you need the basics, here you have them. If you expect more, evaluate if this hotel meets your needs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
As the new General Manager I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for reviewing our hotel. I have addressed the maintenance issues that you encountered upon my arrival. Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss further. Thank you again!
North Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I usually love Hyatt Place but this one is getting a little worn. The staff were wonderful and that makes up for the remodel that is needed. Our tv would not let us order movies, and they could not fix nor move us to another room and that was a bummer. But they added points to my hyatt card to make up for. There most be newer hyatt places to stay at in dallas if that is your hotel brand of choice. The sandwiches we ordered the first night to eat in our room were excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
As the new General Manager of the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for reviewing our hotel and wanted to let you know that we are slated for a renovation in the near future. Please let me know if I can be of assistance!

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas? Share your experiences!