“A nice first-time visit to the area and this hotel brand” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Park.Stay.Fly
Ranked #17 of 76 hotels in Irving
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A nice first-time visit to the area and this hotel brand”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was my first trip to Dallas/Irving and I was very excited to be there. I was in awe of the large airport and actually hung out a couple hours since I landed at 1 pm and check in wasn't until 3 pm. I called the hotel for a shuttle from the airport and she said it would be about 15 minutes. I waited at the courtesy van stop and after 20 minutes and no shuttle, I called back. She then told me it was going to be another 15 minutes which I wasn't pleased about but I'm patient and was happy to be in Dallas. Another 15-20 minutes and the shuttle arrives. He was very nice, opening the door for me and putting my luggage in the back. I tipped him for the pick-up because I appreciated the service and enjoyed the short ride to the hotel. The shuttle was very clean and comfortable and the driver was friendly asking me where I was from, etc. I arrived at the hotel and was pleased that although it was a chain hotel but still felt cozy and friendly. The staff was so nice. The woman at the front desk Cindy tried to get me a room with a bigger closet since I was going to be there for three nights. She gave me a mini tour and explained they were understaffed that day. I went to my room and about 3 minutes later, she called up saying I had to switch rooms because the lock on that door was broke. She was kind enough to come to the 3rd floor with my new keys and I was comped a meal for the inconvenience. The room I stayed in was perfect for my needs and beautifully designed. The bed was very comfortable and except for the baby crying across the hall on my last night there (I love the sound of a crying infant btw) it was very quiet. I was a little upset that my TV wasn't working properly. First my Apple TV didn't work which the front desk guy told me could be a compatibility issue but then I couldn't order any in-room movies. I was told that television was not working properly and they comped me for another meal. The pre-made sandwiches and cupcakes were delicious and the breakfast was super nice. I enjoyed a croissant with Munster cheese, mushrooms and egg, Belgian waffles, oatmeal with brown sugar, granola and cranberries and orange juice. They had a bunch of different food options though and it all looked well-prepared and delicious.

The television issue aside, there were a couple of other things that was a little frustrating like the 24/7 kitchen being closed at 1 am Friday morning because the lady wasn't there. My boyfriend drive for 5 hours from Lubbock and arrived at midnight hungry and tired. Most of the restaurants we tried to order from didn't deliver late and/or was closed and we were too beat to go out. We wanted to try a mushroom Swiss burger and roadhouse chili from the hotel kitchen but it wasn't opened. We ended up eating sandwiches and chips from the pre-made cooler. Another thing was the fire alarm. Sunday morning at 7 am, I'm sleeping and hear a startling siren and a male voice in my room. I jump up and from this speaker above the bed, a voice is saying to exit the building using the stairwell. It's chilly out and the other hotel occupants are standing around, some wet from working out, some bare-foot. My boyfriend had just fixed a plate of his breakfast that was at the table waiting to be eaten. We stood out for a few minutes before we were told we could go back in and w/ the hotel elevators still not working, everyone gathered into the stairwell to go to our rooms.

I would give this hotel a 9 out of 10 because although there were a few hiccups, it was a great place and a nice experience. The wifi was nice and I liked the security of needing a password to log-in. Some people are never satisfied no matter what and will complain about the smallest stuff but I'm not one of those. This is an honest review of my experience with the hotel and I would recommend it to others. I will be staying here again both in Dallas/Las Colinas and in other locations.

Note: no laundry facilities on site but was told we could go to their sister hotel, The Holiday Inn a mile away and use their facility. We opted not to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
As the new General Manager at the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas I wanted to thank you for your review. I understand that issues while traveling can be very frustrating. I have addressed your concerns with my team. I hope that next time you are in the Dallas area that you will stay with us again. Thank you again for your feedback.

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

LIKES:
Superior service. Spacious rooms. Clean. Attention to detail. Wired rooms. Above average free breakfast. Full coffee bar. Great rewards program. Friendly staff. Full service bar. 24-hour kitchen. Great location.

DISLIKES:
Feather pillows. Bar is a little pricey, but not over the top.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
As the new General Manager of the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your feedback. I look forward to meeting you the next time you are in the Dallas area.
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

After prepaying for two rooms, we showed up at the hotel after a long day of traveling and was told there was no rooms. They did offer to pay for the nights at the Holiday Inn--like they were doing us a favor! That was quite the mistake. I had satisfactorily stayed there before but no more Hyatt Los Colinas for me. What a way to end the day..No room at the Inn.
I would strongly suggest the Sprinhill Marriott. They took us in and made us feel welcomed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
As the new General Manager at the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your review. If you would like to discuss the situation with your relocation with me directly, please call the hotel and ask to speak with me. I would love the opprotunity to speak with you and see if you would be willing to give us another chance?
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times. The first time I liked it so much that whenever I visit my Dallas office I book this hotel.

Pros:
1. Many restaurants across the street
2. Very big room, it was a 1BHK setup. The kitchen had refrigerator, utensils, microwave oven etc.
3. Hotel has laundry room, you dont need to pay for those high laundry service charges. You can wash and dry here for $4-$5
4. Big LCD TV, I guess 52"

Cons:
1. Doesnt provide pickup and drop to the airport

Room Tip: Take higher floor as this one has just 3 floors
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
As the new General Manager I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your review. I look forward to meeting you on one of your future trips to Dallas!
Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas during a business trip, and I was not let down with my employer's choice of hotel for me. The suite I stayed in was huge: kitchen with oven, fridge, counter space; living room with sofa, chair, table, LCD TV; bedroom with Queen bed and LCD TV; ample closet space; bathroom with powerful hot shower. It was quite a relaxing retreat after some long work days!

The free breakfast in the morning was great every day I was here. Think continental breakfast on steroids; typically fruit, juices, cereal, bagels/toast, sausage, and eggs, with a few local extras every day as well.

Lastly, the location. Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas is near multiple highways and business parks, as well as a shopping plaza a couple miles to the North and a handful of *very* delicious restaurants a quick walk across the street. All that plus a gas station nearby with snacks and cans of Shiner make this a convenient location indeed!

Room Tip: Second floor gives a slightly better view of the surrounding area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
As the new General Manager of the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your review. I am glad that you had a restful stay with us. I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to the Dallas area.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The bathroom had NO heater. The room was very small. I heard sounds all night long. There were drunk people on the 3rd floor where I was staying. When I called the lobby people, they said it was the paramedics. I arrived 2:00AM after a long drive from Chicago, Illinois. I asked them for room service and they charged $90.00 and never gave me my CC. Good thing I used my AMEX prepaid gift card CC. The breakfast was very bad because they did not have variety. NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: Every room is a bad room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
At the new General Manager of the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your review. After reading your review I understand your frustrations and unwillingness to stay at our location again, however, I would like to invite you back to give us another chance. Please contact me directly so that we can discuss your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Love the breakfast and the TV's in the rooms. Staff is friendly and helpful. Great location close to the airport. Business center computers are perfect to print boarding passes and the Internet works great

• Stayed December 2012
As the new General Manager of the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your review. I look forward to meeting you next time you are in the Dallas area.

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas? Share your experiences!